Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 12:49am

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KageKaze
    No its just be two people with a lot of intent giving ample time for the other person to cut them. Why haven't you kill yourself yet?
    I'll explain this to you in simple terms:

If someone wants to stick a knife in you they are not going to stand far away, show the weapon to you and give you all the space you need to escape. If, through some total reversal of criminal logic, this happens then it is equally stupid for your to pull your own knife and start fighting. That happens in two places: video games and inside your head where you are some kind of ninja assassin who has some higher combative purpose than saving his own ass from a knife.

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 12:53am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    The throwdowns are interesting. Following the whirlwind of suck, we see a lot of people come back and say they suck at this or that. But then, at the next throwdown, we see the same people sucking ass at the same ****. Acknolwedging that you suck is inherently usless outside of aikido. It only becomes useful when coupled with the willingness to learn. And by learn, I don't mean continue to suck, stumbling from event to event picking up crumbs. I mean stop doing what you're doing and go do some **** that works.
    That said, I'm very interested to see the video of your next sparring match or fight or whatever.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:03am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought
    I'll explain this to you in simple terms:

If someone wants to stick a knife in you they are not going to stand far away, show the weapon to you and give you all the space you need to escape. If, through some total reversal of criminal logic, this happens then it is equally stupid for your to pull your own knife and start fighting. That happens in two places: video games and inside your head where you are some kind of ninja assassin who has some higher combative purpose than saving his own ass from a knife.

You are confusing Self defense with fighting. Throwdows are for fighting not self-defense. Two different concepts.

The first step to defend against a weapon is to learn to use it. If you think you can defend aganist a weapon you have no idea how to use, you are an idiot. That where the X-block bullshit comes from.

PS. You forgot to kill youself.
    Last edited by Plasma; 1/27/2006 1:07am at .

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:08am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You are confusing Self defense with fighting. Throwdows are for fighting not self-defense. Two different concepts.
    If you have some sort of Iron Curtain between fighting and self-defence then your training is seriously fucked up. Your "fighting" had no timing, energy or motion beyond your best approximation of Lizardman and the 8-way Run system.

You forgot to kill youself.
    Unlike you I have not dishonoured my Lord.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    maybe not everything has to have a great deal of modern day applicability? I mean, how often do you get to box someone in a streetfight anyway?

EDIT: I mean "real self defense type situation"
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:10am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Knife fighting is the biggest load of bullshit I could possibly imagine. What the hell are you doing that he has a knife and you have a knife and both of you have sufficient reason to stay in the area? And don't even get me started on the proposed weapons sparring for the next one. Staves? How about a titanium baseball bat?
    All I read was "I am scared of blades."

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:11am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

uhh... you're not actually sparring with live blades are you?
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    uhh... you're not actually sparring with live blades are you?
    Wooden at the moment, we are looking to getting some blunted knives and maybe the shock knives if we want to fork out the money.

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Man's realization of his own mortality is what makes him such a fierce warrior. Prancing around with fake knives and pretending to act out the last scene of Commando is counterproductive to this.

Wooden at the moment, we are looking to getting some blunted knives and maybe the shock knives if we want to fork out the money.
    I suppose I can't really complain about this as long as I get to see you electrocuted on film.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:18am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    then saying Osiris is afraid of blades doesn't really mean anything... since you're obviously afraid of them aswell... like any sane person.
Page 11 of 85 FirstFirst ... 7891011 121314152161 ... LastLast