Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 11:51am

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnoch1207
    Hey guess what n00b...the only effective self defense against multiple attackers, is the art of "RUNNING"...

I don't think the "Multiple Attackers" horse is quite dead yet, keep beating on it!
    Defending yourself in chancy, but there are strategies that can increase your chance of escaping safely. Vunak's PFS tapes have the best presentation of them that I've seen.

What's amazing, of course, is that people who make no effort to train these skills feel the need to hold forth on them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:18pm

Style: Boxing, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    Defending yourself in chancy, but there are strategies that can increase your chance of escaping safely. Vunak's PFS tapes have the best presentation of them that I've seen.

What's amazing, of course, is that people who make no effort to train these skills feel the need to hold forth on them.
    I'm calling bullshit on all this!

You give me one martial artist who trains to handle multiple attackers, and I'll give you three guys that will get him to the ground and pound his ass in less than 30 seconds.

In a real situation multiple attackers don't take turns.

I think a group of people should realistically demonstrate handling multiple attackers at the next throwdown.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

You give me one martial artist who trains to handle multiple attackers, and I'll give you three guys that will get him to the ground and pound his ass in less than 30 seconds.

I think a group of people should realistically demonstrate handling multiple attackers at the next throwdown.

I think they did this at the first maryland throwdown, but I could be mistaken
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:41pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Spaulding
    I hear machine guns work too. Given the correct range, of course.
    H & K MP5SD is my fave ... chambered for 9mm, closed bolt, accurate out to about 60 meters ... whisper death in your ear with ease. Rem. Mod. 870 for the up close and fugly stuff ... modified with pistol grip and extended for more rounds ... lots of fun.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:45pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I think they did this at the first maryland throwdown, but I could be mistaken
    We did ... it sucked ... caught a knee in the face on the way down. groundcontrolba goes around 280 on a 6'2" frame ... if shorter we would call him stocky. You'll see this Summer. He played the "1" also ... I waited until he was covered in peeps and then drove him into the mat ... I'm lazy that way.

We are considering re-doing it for the Summer MMTD ... potential injury is the sticking point. Wouldn't look "kosher" for one of us to be hauled off to the ER in front of the Press.

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:59pm

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    H & K MP5SD is my fave ... chambered for 9mm, closed bolt, accurate out to about 60 meters ... whisper death in your ear with ease. Rem. Mod. 870 for the up close and fugly stuff ... modified with pistol grip and extended for more rounds ... lots of fun.
    How much that gun cost you? 15grand or so?

Got pics of you holding it? That guns must suck for concealed.

I'll start with the pics.

This is how I handle multiple opponents.

Fabrique National FiveSeven 5.7X28mm
    Capacity 20 rounds
    5.7X28mm rounds travel over 2k feet per second, and the gun fits right in the small of my back. Range up to 50yds before dropping.

Cost me 900 bucks, and more useful in the real world where carrying around a Machine Pistol is cause for meeting the SWAT team.

Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 1:06pm

Style: Kickboxing/Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

That reminds me how since somebody with a knife has such a big advantage, you should actually let somebody stab the **** out of you instead of making any attempt to train against a knife.

There is a staggering amount of logic devoted to these positions, as anyone can plainly see.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 2:14pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by eyebeams
    That reminds me how since somebody with a knife has such a big advantage, you should actually let somebody stab the **** out of you instead of making any attempt to train against a knife.

There is a staggering amount of logic devoted to these positions, as anyone can plainly see.
    if you fight someone with a knife you are going to get stabbed, whether you train to defend against a knife or not.

If someone pulls a knife on me in a fight, I'm going to do one of the following (and it doesn't include attempting to disarm them!)

1) RUN
    2) pelt the mofo with rocks, bricks, etc.. anything I can find and throw from outside stabbing range.

I don't mind fighting, but I have no desire to die because some punk wants to prove how tough he is. I'll walk (run) away and live another day thanks.

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 2:15pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Eyebeams,
    I see your point but also acknowledge that defending yourself against multiple determined attackers in a live situation is not high % whatever you do - there are even well documented examples of well trained people attempting to use a gun to defend against a crowd and paying with their lives (The two British plain clothes soldiers who turned up at the IRA wedding and were mobbed, case in point).

Pressure tests of things like multiple attackers are good for reinforcing this unfortunate home truth.
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 2:16pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Any time spent on knife defense should be spent at the track.
    Exactly, but don't continue to run in circles...you might get caught.
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345 678915 ... LastLast