Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 1:35am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyuki-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

All I can say is WOW!

I was surfing and I came across this site. My daughter just got her yellow in Tae Kwon Do. Any how. My 2 cents.
    I wrestled in grade and high schoool. Boxed for 4 years amateur then i got into tae kwon do. I have never lost a fight but once, and it was getting the **** kicked out of me while i was on the ground disabling a miscreant who tried nun chucks on me. While I had him in a choke hold. 1 or 2 people Literally kicked the **** out of me. And to this day i dont know who it is.

I now have a black belt in smith and wesson .40. Hopefully concealed carry will pass this month where i live. Im not a ***** with a gun Im just a guy getting to old to get into street fights any more

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 2:03am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    yeah duker it seems too few of the posters on this forum have experienced the bad end of the street fight lucky for them... a similar experience in junior high got me started in MA in the first place...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 7:33am

Style: gong fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AikiZenDragon
    yeah duker it seems too few of the posters on this forum have experienced the bad end of the street fight lucky for them... a similar experience in junior high got me started in MA in the first place...
    I'm sure you can pick up some good tips at a wrestling school.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 7:38am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I taught a friend the most basic takedown, mount, punch, armbar, and he successfully used it, with broken glass on the floor, and broke the guys arm. And there were a bunch of people standing around, who did nothing about it. Then he left, end of story.

Grappling does work, on broken glass, in front of a crowd of potential multiple attackers.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 8:02am

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But can an armbar travel faster than the speed of gravity?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 9:48am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

A Third hand story...

The guy I got my "favourite quote" below off worked with a bjj local champ, and on his first inexperienced night, was called outside to find the bjj guy had locked up the drunk, who also had him had also locked him up too. The lifter had to lift them both up and drop them to separate them before others could gang up on the other bouncer. It restrained but did not neutralise. But I suspect this misses the important point that at any time the bjj bouncer could of snapped his attacker's wrist/elbow/shoulder joint. He was easily traceable and did not need the court case for GBH over his head.

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 10:40am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Kyuki-do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure you can pick up some good tips at a wrestling school.
    First part of wrestling is learning take downs, the goal is to make your opponent submit. I got into a lot of fights.Using just what i learned in wrestling i always one.
    But I also invariably got some damage before i got to the ground and pound stage
    (or my favorite putting my leg into the back of a guys knee and then bending his leg over mine)

But i learned my lesson when i got into a fight with a guy with chucks (joey Oric)
    I had him on the ground as was severly schooling him. 1 or 2 guys said " oh looky here its duke" and literally kicked the **** out of me. I dont to this day know who it was or whether it was one or both of them pounding on me.

As far as BJJ ala hoyce gracie, I would rather have dan severn on my side in a fight than hoyce gracie. And one more thing life isnt fair. If your on the ground doing something on one of my freinds im going Pele on your head with my steel toed tennis shoes. (im a machinist i wear them at work and play)

Reference to Pele'
    Pelé
    He dominated soccer for two decades with a passion matched only by that of his fans throughout the world

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 10:46am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    But can an armbar travel faster than the speed of gravity?
    Your effort + gravity = yes.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    NERDS!!

LOL. It gets better. In high school, this is what I looked like. I'm the one on the right.

Okay, that's not me. But, at that age (15), the resemblence was absolutely uncanny. For the next ten years after that movie came out, I was mistaken for him every time that movie (and also Meatballs) was shown on cable.

So, shut'yo'mout, kid, before I send my bodyguard after you. :smile:

Administrator

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 11:30am

supporting memberhall of famestaff
     Style: Muay Thai & BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    LOL. It gets better. In high school, this is what I looked like. I'm the one on the right.

Okay, that's not me. But, at that age (15), the resemblence was absolutely uncanny. For the next ten years after that movie came out, I was mistaken for him every time that movie (and also Meatballs) was shown on cable.

So, shut'yo'mout, kid, before I send my bodyguard after you. :smile:
    My bodyguard was a great movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".