Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:07pm

Style: MT, CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Calling bullshido on ground fighting teachers.

Bullshido.com is a site to fight frauds in martial arts. Teachers or styles that falsely claim the teaching to be street effective, putting students in danger on the street because the teaching does not represent any real life situtation. That we all agree on right? Good.

This is where I call ground fighting schools bullshido. (not the art itself, but the marketing of the art)

Watch this video first, then read what I have to say. This is just ONE example, I've seen the same thing happened soooo many times on the streets.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/emovrswiggers.html

These kids are not martial artist (yes, I can tell, you don't have to tell me), but the point is, if you watch what happened to the kid that put someone in a choke, it can happen to ALL the ground fighters on the street. The kid got kicked in the head a few times. Fights are always in groups, it is only fair until you start winning, then everyone jumps in.

I am sure this idea has been beaten to death, but no matter how much you want to deny it, BJJ does not work against multiple attackers! And 99% of the time, you won't be attacked by ONE person.

I have read the same arguments, you can get attacked by multiple attackers if you fight from standing up too right? Sure you can, but realize that the mobility of standup fighting maximize your chance of defending yourself. You don't want to position yourself on the ground unless you have to.

I am glad a lot of you are taking BJJ as a secondary art to supplyment your stand up fighting skills, thats great!! But this is where Bullshido comes in:

A lot of people are marketing ground fighting as a primary art for street use!! Instead of a supplyment to stand up fighting. I don't have a problem with ground fighting, it is a MUST for every martial artist. The moves are creative and effective, you can't deny that.

But when you have people claiming BJJ as the BEST art out there, saying things like if you can only affort to learn one art, you have to take BJJ. I believe that is bull ****. If you can only affort to learn one art, BJJ should be the LAST art you want to pick for street use. Stand up fighting should be your primary art, ground fighting should be a supplymental art.

I have talked to a few BJJers (instructors), and most of their mentality is that fights end up on the ground, therefore, you should learn to fight on the ground. Stand up fighting is inferior because BJJers can easily take you to the ground.......it is a very dangerous thing for a person to confuse sports with reality.

I've fought in groups before, me and my friends loved taking cheap shots. So do a lot of people. The reality is, fights are never fair, and never one on one.

If Bullshido means teachers or styles that falsely claim the teaching to be street effective, putting students in danger on the street because the teaching does not represent any real life situtation. Then I am calling Bullshido on BJJ schools, because the "marketing" does not reflect real life situations.

Footnote: I don't have a problem with BJJ (the art itself), just the marketing of the style.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:11pm

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Welcome to last year.

Thanks for repeating the same thing we heard a million time. Use the seach function n00b!

And by the way, If I get my ass knocked now and mutiple guys surround me, I rather know how to fight from my back then get my head kicked in blindly trying to get back up.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:15pm

Style: MT, CMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, this argument is so "last year", but you'll be surprised how many people still didn't get the message.

Walk into a BJJ school and you can still hear people say that their art is street perfect. If they charge $150 a month and tell you now you got what it takes to fight in the streets, that is a fraud.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:18pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I find your refusal to bow to convention refreshing. Please tell me what type of training you recommend.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:18pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetOnly
    Bullshido.com is a site to fight frauds in martial arts. Teachers or styles that falsely claim the teaching to be street effective, putting students in danger on the street because the teaching does not represent any real life situtation. That we all agree on right? Good.

This is where I call ground fighting schools bullshido. (not the art itself, but the marketing of the art)

Watch this video first, then read what I have to say. This is just ONE example, I've seen the same thing happened soooo many times on the streets.

http://www.filecabi.net/video/emovrswiggers.html

These kids are not martial artist (yes, I can tell, you don't have to tell me), but the point is, if you watch what happened to the kid that put someone in a choke, it can happen to ALL the ground fighters on the street. The kid got kicked in the head a few times. Fights are always in groups, it is only fair until you start winning, then everyone jumps in.

I am sure this idea has been beaten to death, but no matter how much you want to deny it, BJJ does not work against multiple attackers! And 99% of the time, you won't be attacked by ONE person.

I have read the same arguments, you can get attacked by multiple attackers if you fight from standing up too right? Sure you can, but realize that the mobility of standup fighting maximize your chance of defending yourself. You don't want to position yourself on the ground unless you have to.

I am glad a lot of you are taking BJJ as a secondary art to supplyment your stand up fighting skills, thats great!! But this is where Bullshido comes in:

A lot of people are marketing ground fighting as a primary art for street use!! Instead of a supplyment to stand up fighting. I don't have a problem with ground fighting, it is a MUST for every martial artist. The moves are creative and effective, you can't deny that.

But when you have people claiming BJJ as the BEST art out there, saying things like if you can only affort to learn one art, you have to take BJJ. I believe that is bull ****. If you can only affort to learn one art, BJJ should be the LAST art you want to pick for street use. Stand up fighting should be your primary art, ground fighting should be a supplymental art.

I have talked to a few BJJers (instructors), and most of their mentality is that fights end up on the ground, therefore, you should learn to fight on the ground. Stand up fighting is inferior because BJJers can easily take you to the ground.......it is a very dangerous thing for a person to confuse sports with reality.

I've fought in groups before, me and my friends loved taking cheap shots. So do a lot of people. The reality is, fights are never fair, and never one on one.

If Bullshido means teachers or styles that falsely claim the teaching to be street effective, putting students in danger on the street because the teaching does not represent any real life situtation. Then I am calling Bullshido on BJJ schools, because the "marketing" does not reflect real life situations.

Footnote: I don't have a problem with BJJ (the art itself), just the marketing of the style.

Maki says "shhhhhhh..."

Misguided style basher

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kata

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What do you want to achieve with this?

Anyway, a quick question for you Streetonly;

Which is least good for learning self-defence -

A) A typical BJJ club
    B) A typical WTF Tae Kwon Do club
    ?
    You are a total Douchbag. Train more, post nevermore.
    FickleFingerOfFate -08-21-2007 08:59 AM

just die already.
    Plasma - 08-20-2007 11:45 PM

Aikidokkkkakkakakakaaaaa
    Best MA website ever!!!!!: http://www.dogjudo.co.uk/

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:28pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even I know the answer is A.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:30pm

Style: kung fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by StreetOnly
    Yup, this argument is so "last year", but you'll be surprised how many people still didn't get the message.

Walk into a BJJ school and you can still hear people say that their art is street perfect. If they charge $150 a month and tell you now you got what it takes to fight in the streets, that is a fraud.

Hell, if you walk into ANYWHERE and someone charges you $150 and tells you that you now have what it takes to fight in the streets, that is fraud.

BJJ, Muay Thai, CMA, TKD, KFC, McD's, Walmart or Anywhere.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:31pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy?

Everytime I heard the "groundfighting isn't for da street" I immediately translate it to "I don't know dick about groundfighting and I'm too much of a ***** to learn."
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

"I feel naked I was so distracted by your penis"

DETROIT WHAT! (and surrounding upper-class burbs)

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:34pm

Style: Ving Tsun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One point that should get brought up before this goes too far is that most trained grappling (even BJJ) against an untrained opponent is not a waiting game like how it is normally seen. A skilled BJJ fighter would probably not wrestle around on the ground so much as go for a quick arm-break manuver or mount. A skilled BJJ fighter would (maybe should) have ended that fight in about 5-10 seconds.

I mean, that's like saying that boxing is not street effective because no street fight goes 12 rounds of 3-minutes each, and even in that first 3 minutes from friends will jump in. A boxer will ****-up and knock out an untrained opponent much more quickly, and be able to take enough damage to possibly knock-out some of his friends as well.

Dagon
Page 1 of 16 1 234511 ... LastLast