Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 7:01pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    No, you haven't caught you leg yet, I just felt you go for it (best and only opportunity to go for this and damn would I have to had you scouted or you're not grappling with much flow), realize my true goal is to go for an omapolata (not sure if you've already guessed my next move)
    Okay. Keep in mind my grappling visualisation skills are ****.

I'm presuming that you're letting go of the kimura before you attempt this, which gives you a fairly narrow window before I get my weight distribution evened out again. I'd throw my far side leg back, to get my weight distributed for better control. Following that, I'd try to hide my arm. If you started to spin from here, I'd use my trapped leg to effectively trap your half-guard leg, and drag it back.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 5:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've just come back from training, where I, along with my crazy inventor training partner who I'll call Polecat, have worked both the counter-kimura, your proposed offense, and answers to the counter-kimura.

We didn't like your approach (As I said, my visualisation skills suck. I'm a tactile learner) It's difficult enough to get the defending arm and isolate it, especially as the weight shift to set up the counter-kimura isn't really huge until you've grabbed the kimuraed arm with your defending arm. In which case, you've got a small timeframe in which you can either release your grip or execute our proposed counter-offensive.

It's actually easier to keep the kimura grip, unlock the half guard and put your outside leg over your opponent's head to isolate the arm, ensuring that you'll at least get the sweep and effectively negate the counter-kimura. In addition, it has the benefit of simplicity.
    Last edited by NSLightsOut; 1/25/2006 5:48am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 5:55pm

Style: TKD; BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I just saw this exact move while watching Arona vs Sakuraba. Instead of sweeping, though, Sakuraba ends up kneeling and Arona gets up and starts kneeing him. But it seemed to work well enough.

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 4:46pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I got the reverse kimura from mount because a white belt was dumb enough to try to do one from there. Huzzah.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 9:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How incredibly brag-worthy. If it wasn't for posts of this nature (Teehee-submitted-a-white-belt-LOL-PWNED!!) I'm sure this board wouldn't be the repository of knowledge that it is

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 9:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not to detract from the thread or anything, but damn, it's pretty difficult to visualize just about any of this without pictures, too many variables I guess.

Then again, I can only apply one submission with a fair measure of skill: the kimura, yet still I can't picture most of this.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12