Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:24pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    And this is why I say people like you have no real experience in real CMA (besides McDojos maybe).

People in the west view TMC as fancy moves and no real sparring experience, that is true. But do you know how people in asia train?

Do you know how I train?

I've never went to an official school when I was young. I learn from family members for FREE. Just the teacher, me and the cousins (family members and close friends), in the garage for years. No competitions. No trophies. No protective gears. Just hardcore training. You fall, you don't fall on the mats, you fall on hard concrete. No cups. Got kicked in the nuts? You learn to protect your balls next time you practice.

This is the ONLY way to prepare for the streets.

When was the last time you've been to a US school where they spar without cups? TMA people in asia spar without cups. Punched in the chest? Go home and rub it out.

I stopped this kind of training after I moved out of the ghettos. I tried to do the same in official schools but was told to stop the way I train, because of legal limitations and safety concerns.

MT fighters in Thialand originally fight in the ring without gloves. THAT'S real MT. People in Thailand still fight like that, illegally. Just handwaps. People in the west started in 1993 with UFC and they thought its something new......

There is nothing legal about fighting. If you try to make it legal, the training gets watered down. You'll end up like Americans dressed up with Chinese "costume" dancing around.

Now that I've shared something about myself, watch members jump in and attack on the little amount of information they got out of this post. Pathetic bullshido mentality.

I do agree with you that a blend of TMA and Sport MA is the best. This is why I take MT to balance things out.
    Then why would you make a blanket statement about TMA being better, if you had sparring (the primary benefit to sport MA) in you TMA then you should know that sparring is what made it good, not the techniques. And I have been to Thailand, there is a lot of fighting with hand wraps only but it is because they don't go full contact all the time. OR PEOPLE WOULD GET CRIPPLED.

Your taking Muay Thai to even it out shows that the blanket statement that you made in your first post was obviously inflamitory and you are a childish prick. This thread boils down to you drama whoring and talking out the side of your neck.

And if your implying Bruce Lee was a strong fighter shows how little you actually know about any MA, but you like to nutride actors.
    Last edited by MONGO; 1/23/2006 8:27pm at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See the Bullshido mentality? This is why no one takes me seriously.
    Fixed that for you. :bootyshak
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    See the Bullshido mentality? This is why no one takes this site seriously.
    Sarcasm is obviously not your strong point, is it?

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **I have just been notified of my breach of the Act of Serious Internet Business (ASIB 2006). **
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Exasperated.

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:26pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    MT fighters in Thialand originally fight in the ring without gloves. THAT'S real MT.
    I've seen the wrapping they do. Protects the fists as much as gloves.

Being Sublime Daily

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:44pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ/MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In order to attack what little information you have given us in this post...
    I just saw Kidspatula's boxing videos because she was on the main page.

Its boxing. She did a good job, nice fast jabs. Not professional standard but good enough.

http://d10.yousendit.com/D/1EOQ9B4E.../KatVsAshly.wmv

This thread is not about her, so I don't mean to put her under the spot light. I am just using her videos as an example.

I train MT too, so I know what boxing with gloves on means.

If this is the kind of fighting style you people think can protect you on the streets, or from a weapon attack, you WILL get killed.

You are able to spar full-contact, because the punch punch kick kick skills are simple and not exactly deadly. It's safe, therefore, you can spar full contact with it. But please.....that kind of fighting style is FAR from street effective (i am talking about sport fighting).

For the sports fighters in this board, I really suggest you take up some self-defense classes such as Karate or CMA. The techniques are truely street effective. Althought I do agree that some CMA training in the USA is not street effective (don't want to offend anyone)......since they don't spar (I said USA). But knowing what they are taught to do, and the kind of techniques that are being taught, I doubt anyone can come up with a way to practice full-contact within the US limitations. Anyone that disagree are either not experienced with traditional MA or studied in a McDojo.

Growing up in the ghettos, I understand what being attacked truely means. Attacked by multiple attackers (racial hate crimes, they never attack by themselves. They pick their time/place/victim), the only way to win is to run, and the LAST place to be is on the ground. I've been approached by weapons (broken glass bottles, 2 by 4s, wooden sticks). I can honestly tell you, that sports fighting is a good way to train, but the techniques are not sufficient. Any street fighter can punch, its not that hard to grow a punch, and people expect that. Any street fighter can do a MT knee kick, even my non-MA friends can kick. Its not exactly hard.

Karate or CMA have great techniques that is far beyond punch punch kick kick. You'll be amazed what some people can do.

I've seen how people train in asia. Let me tell you, some MA schools in the US are really watered down. Insurance limitations, legal limitations. With the techniques that they know, you should see how Japanese police and Chinese army trains. Just like how MT fighters in Thailand trains differently than sportfighters in the US trains, they take their art very seriously.

What I wanted to say is:

1) Sports fighting techniques will not prepare you for the streets, just like the video I've posted above. Those that disagree with me are sports fans that have never experienced real street violence.

2) Some Karate and CMA are watered down in the US. Most people in the west is not lucky enough to experience real martial arts training. This is why I say people that talk a lot of **** are the ones with the least amount of experience. Both in training and in real life experience. Bullshido.com.

3) Karate and CMA have better techniques, and is truely street effective, only if you train seriously. And unless you train seriously, its nothing but dancing. I've seen a lot of Americans embarrass themselves, and the art they train, by doing it so poorly that it makes asians laugh.

4) I've picked the "Drama" icon for this thread. Watch it go to 5 pages by tomorrow.

No I refuse to fill it out.

I refuse to be viewed as a style instead of an individual.

There are no better styles. Only better techniques, better training methods, and better physical conditions, making better fighters.

I refused to be labled with a style.

I am not a JKD student, but I believe in the idea of JKD and MMA.

A lot of people lable themselves as a style, and is viewed as nothing more than that style.

"You are TKD, therefore, you are such and such."

In a fight, styles does not matter.

Anyone can kick, punch, knee, poke, choke. Even a non-MA can do it, difference is, MAs do it better. It is how you train that defines you.

And this is why I say people like you have no real experience in real CMA (besides McDojos maybe).

People in the west view TMC as fancy moves and no real sparring experience, that is true. But do you know how people in asia train?

Do you know how I train?

I've never went to an official school when I was young. I learn from family members for FREE. Just the teacher, me and the cousins (family members and close friends), in the garage for years. No competitions. No trophies. No protective gears. Just hardcore training. You fall, you don't fall on the mats, you fall on hard concrete. No cups. Got kicked in the nuts? You learn to protect your balls next time you practice.

This is the ONLY way to prepare for the streets.

When was the last time you've been to a US school where they spar without cups? TMA people in asia spar without cups. Punched in the chest? Go home and rub it out.

I stopped this kind of training after I moved out of the ghettos. I tried to do the same in official schools but was told to stop the way I train, because of legal limitations and safety concerns.

MT fighters in Thialand originally fight in the ring without gloves. THAT'S real MT. People in Thailand still fight like that, illegally. Just handwaps. People in the west started in 1993 with UFC and they thought its something new......

There is nothing legal about fighting. If you try to make it legal, the training gets watered down. You'll end up like Americans dressed up with Chinese "costume" dancing around.

Now that I've shared something about myself, watch members jump in and attack on the little amount of information they got out of this post. Pathetic bullshido mentality.

I do agree with you that a blend of TMA and Sport MA is the best. This is why I take MT to balance things out.
    So in summary, You are a deadly self taught bullshidoka.

So, the big question is.... Will you attend the Oye Qhoze NorCal MegaThrowdown?

The r34l Drunken Jiu Jitsu

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:46pm

supporting member
     Style: _razilian _iu _itsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm sure that within 5 years, Sammy will be the grandmaster of his own art of "no nonsense" self defense to pawn off on unsuspecting consumers. Ghetto knuckle garage boxing or some crap like that. Act now and get a free copy of Matt Furey's Mad Cow Strength Training.

None of us are impressed with your posturing. Take a few more nut shots and shut the hell up.
    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy isn't going to attend because that means facing the REAL world.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

BJJ Black Belt

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Rex Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    SammyKing is 12 right?

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:58pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by UpaLumpa
    I've seen the wrapping they do. Protects the fists as much as gloves.

they also almost never throw punches anyway

edit: anyway, I don't train in boxing, muay thai, bjj or whatever because I feel the need to be able to take on multiple attackers. That's about as far from my mind as the likelyhood of having a plane from the local airport drop on me in my apartment. I train because it's fun, I enjoy competition and I'd like to go places with it as a sport.

I am, however, quite confident that I could kick the **** out of a majority of the people on the planet because of my training.
    Last edited by Torakaka; 1/23/2006 10:01pm at .
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast