Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:08pm

Business Class Supporting Member
     Aesopian.com 

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So what non-school do you non-train your non-style at?

WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:11pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    I am pretty sure that I have never seen anyone say that the Guard or Groundfighting is the ultimate technique for multiple attackers.

I am 100% positive that sport martial arts with full contact help people prepare for conflict much better than TMA without full contact. I enjoy both but because many TMA don't usually have sparring during class, it must be sought out by the practicioner and any aliveness must be added to their skills.

I would actually say that a blend of TMA and Sport MA is the perfect blend, like Bluming, Draeger, Barber, guys of that caliber used to do. KK, Judo and Traditional JJ all fit together nicely. I don't see the Muay Thai and BJJ to much different from that mixture so that is a great complement.

This thread and the assumptions that Sammy made are inaccurate and points out his lack of real conflict experience. Being hard goes a lot farther in a fight than knowing fancy traditional moves.
    And this is why I say people like you have no real experience in real CMA (besides McDojos maybe).

People in the west view TMC as fancy moves and no real sparring experience, that is true. But do you know how people in asia train?

Do you know how I train?

I've never went to an official school when I was young. I learn from family members for FREE. Just the teacher, me and the cousins (family members and close friends), in the garage for years. No competitions. No trophies. No protective gears. Just hardcore training. You fall, you don't fall on the mats, you fall on hard concrete. No cups. Got kicked in the nuts? You learn to protect your balls next time you practice.

This is the ONLY way to prepare for the streets.

When was the last time you've been to a US school where they spar without cups? TMA people in asia spar without cups. Punched in the chest? Go home and rub it out.

I stopped this kind of training after I moved out of the ghettos. I tried to do the same in official schools but was told to stop the way I train, because of legal limitations and safety concerns.

MT fighters in Thialand originally fight in the ring without gloves. THAT'S real MT. People in Thailand still fight like that, illegally. Just handwaps. People in the west started in 1993 with UFC and they thought its something new......

There is nothing legal about fighting. If you try to make it legal, the training gets watered down. You'll end up like Americans dressed up with Chinese "costume" dancing around.

Now that I've shared something about myself, watch members jump in and attack on the little amount of information they got out of this post. Pathetic bullshido mentality.

I do agree with you that a blend of TMA and Sport MA is the best. This is why I take MT to balance things out.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: no gi bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy - i'm flabbergasted - i don't know how to make this more plain.

In what combat sport/martial/self-defense activities have you developed the skills necessary to judge efficacy in said activities.

If that's not clear, I can say it like this:

What have you trained? For how long did you train it? Under whom did you train it?

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:15pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    MT fighters in Thialand originally fight in the ring without gloves. THAT'S real MT. People in Thailand still fight like that, illegally. Just handwaps. People in the west started in 1993 with UFC and they thought its something new......
    Bareknuckle boxing anyone?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:15pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    >I am pretty sure that I have never seen anyone say that the Guard or Groundfighting is the ultimate technique for multiple attackers.<

I have and I have found it to be a common thing in the group of MMA people I know.

I agree with this guy's idea of not disclosing his style. Now at least if people want to disagree with him they'll need to have a legitimate reason instead of the usual retarded bullshit that people spew on this site.

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:19pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesopian
    So what non-school do you non-train your non-style at?
    I don't have a school.

A lot of asians does not have schools. Does not have Sifus. Does not have competitions, trophies.

Just you, a location, a teacher.

Schools doesn't make who you are. Trohpies doesn't make who you are. Your t-shirt with a school logo on it does not make who you are. It is what you do with your arms and feets that make the kind of MA that you are.

This is something the west does not understand.

People in Hong Kong does not like Leung Ting (surprised?), because he has corporatized the art, and watered it down.

Schools doesn't not make people like Bruce Lee. It is training that make strong fighters.

Nothing wrong with schools, but school have their dramas, reputitions, and limitations that stop you from what you can really do with your training.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:20pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    TMA people in asia spar without cups.

well, that's because they have quite tiny genitalia.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:21pm

supporting member
     Style: no gi bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not asking for style because I want to pidgeon-hole anyone into a group - i'm asking your style because I just want to know how you train

PM me if you prefer - i don't want this to devolve into a ****-flinging contest either

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:22pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by feedback
    TMA people in asia spar without cups.

well, that's because they have quite tiny genitalia.
    See the Bullshido mentality? This is why no one takes this site seriously.

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:23pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by theraydiator
    I'm not asking for style because I want to pidgeon-hole anyone into a group - i'm asking your style because I just want to know how you train

PM me if you prefer - i don't want this to devolve into a ****-flinging contest either
    I know where you are coming from. I will PM you.
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast