Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 10:13am

Style: Thai boxing , JJ ,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Thats untrue. In my style of MT, we take hits, but cut the power.
    We slip them but we never take a hit we not have to . where you learn that.

Are you talking about jamming ?That not the same as taking the hit, you close the gap so the person can't finish the trick .

What are you talking about?
    Last edited by rexkwon; 1/25/2006 10:39am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:05pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The key is not the take a hit we very much learn to take a hit . what is false is the idea we don't learn to avoid a hit just look at the basic move I have list as you can see we avoid the hit . As Osiris has stated sometime we avoid just the power of the hit.

But avoidance is fundamental in MT.

WARNING: BJJ may cause airway obstruction.

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 12:44pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bajillion Joo Jizzu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sammy's at school guys, and why even bother writing 7 pages back to him, he's not going to read through it.

In fact if this thread isn't at the top of the list by the time he gets off the short bus, I really don't think he will go searching for it to see what everyone had to say. In fact, I'm willing to bet he doesn't know how to find this thread again (ie by search function, scrolling down with mouse, etc)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 1:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalRage
    Sammy's at school guys, and why even bother writing 7 pages back to him, he's not going to read through it.

In fact if this thread isn't at the top of the list by the time he gets off the short bus, I really don't think he will go searching for it to see what everyone had to say. In fact, I'm willing to bet he doesn't know how to find this thread again (ie by search function, scrolling down with mouse, etc)
    He posting with a new name so I don't think he will be back.

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 1:45pm

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What an irritating thread.

First of all, my compliments to Kidspatula and Annatrocity. That's what good boxing sparring looks like.

But then to take that clip, damn it with faint praise and say "but it wouldn't work in the street" is lame.
    The vast Universe!
    The Way of Aiki to to become
    The light of all mankind
    Opening all the world

--O Sensei

:gaygay:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 1:52pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I say delete all but the link to the Boxing. what does amd. say?

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/25/2006 1:54pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by FictionPimp
    I would just like to take this time to point out the dangers of not wearing a cup while you fight.

I dont care how tough you are, I dont care how bad ass your training is, it is stupid to not protect something that can be perminatly destroyed with as little as 4 pounds of preasure. I have posted my example in the injury thread a while back.
    You posted a pic of your swollen purple balls? Holy fucking cow!!!! :pottytrai
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 11:18am

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Boxing and JUDO have been the top arts for Self Defense for the last century.

And the most POWERFUL military force in the world trains in a MMA fashion. Hmmm.....

One of my Students is Just got back from Ft. benning. His is a reserve DI and was activated a year 1/2 ago. He is a level 3 Combatives instructor. They are doing some really progressive stuff now.
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112