Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:55pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem is that people who want to study in legitimate koryu are kidding themselves unless the lineage is verified. The Japanese Govt has an interest in maintaining its culture and Koryu is part of it. None of the x-kans sokeships to Kukishin ryu have been verified. There is similarities but if someone is going to argue about koryu or the real JJ, the x-kans ain't it.

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 10:29pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** lineage.

Judge your instructor on what he can teach and produce, not who he knew.
    Just go with what works and the styles that have proven themselves.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 10:42pm

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    And here on Bullshido, TKD is looked at in the same light as Ninjas, it's ****.

Clyde

kiss my ass Ed Parker :pottytrai

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 10:47pm

Style: TaiChiPrayingMantis

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullwarrior
    hello to everybody,
    first of all, i want to introduce myself: i am an italian martial artist (so i apologize for my awfull english), and i train in kung fu wu tao style in my little town in italy
    now i have the chance to train in ninjitsu bujinkan, (travelling far away home..) but i find 2 different bujinkan dojo, with 2 different associations, both claiming to be under direct soke Dr. Masaaki Hatsumi's direction.
    i hear some roumors about a pretender "ninja master" that he always trains in judo but he had read some ninjitsu books, so i don't want to fall in a bullshido ninja school
    could u help me?
    thank
    francesco (bullwarrior)
    If you actually give a location, you might get more answers as to alternative schools in the area.

As it stands, go to each school and see who spars, full-contact. But I'd wager both Italian ninjas aren't the real deal, and what you're looking for doesn't exist anywhere but in the movies.

Bullshido's Greatest Ninja

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 1:36am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: JJJ/Judo[Nidan] BJJ[Blue]

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    NOT THERE IS NOT!!!

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME NINJUTSU IS NOT A FIGHTING ART! AND THE XKANS DO NOT TEACH NINJUTSU. THEY TEACH PRIMARILY KOTO RYU, GYOKKO RYU, KUKISHINDEN RYU, OR HONTAI YOSHIN RYU THESE ARE NOT NINJUTSU SCHOOLS!!!! VERY LITTLE NINJUTSU, IF ANY, IS TAUGHT.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! **** sorry dude. I meant to say NinpoTaijutsu. Not to confuse it with Ninjutsu/Shinobijutsu which is just stealth, concealment, etc.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:19am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinobi_Osiris
    kiss my ass Ed Parker :pottytrai
    Funny thing is, Ed Parker actually gave respect to old school guys like Ed Parker and Jhoon Rhee.

software engineer

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:55am

supporting member
     Style: kickboxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    Funny thing is, Ed Parker actually gave respect to old school guys like Ed Parker and Jhoon Rhee.
    What you said is a little funny.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 11:36am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by meng_mao
    What you said is a little funny.
    Yes, yes it is. That's what I get for posting after insomnia.

What I meant to say was that Ed Parker gave respect to Richard Chun and Jhoon Rhee.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 2:28pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One of the kans is recognized by the Kuki family. Need proof? Tanemura's on their website; Hatsumi isn't (Though Hatsumi does teach a legitimate branch of the Kuki arts).
    http://www.shinjin.co.jp/kuki/hyoho/impact_e.htm

Here they acknowledge him again as a legitimate teacher of the Kukishin ryu;
    http://www.shinjin.co.jp/kuki/hyoho/history07_e.htm

" Tanemura Shoto is the one who learned authentic Kukishin Ryu from Teacher Kimura in his late days and was awarded "Sodennomaki." "

" Teacher Tanemura's Dojo "Genbukan" is located at Matsubushi, Kita Katsuragi, Saitama. His activities are worldwide and we are expecting his further active role in the martial arts community. "

" "Kukisodennomaki" awarded by Kimura Masaharu Masakatsu to Tanemura Shoto Tsunehisa "

Somehow I doubt it's in Tanemura's best interest to LIE about the connection between Kukishin ryu and Togakure ryu. Especially considering they (The Kuki's and Tanemura) probably both have copies of all of the available scrolls.

I sent an email off to them concerning ryusen no maki, whether or not they'll reply, I don't know. But seeing as the Kuki family does indeed recognize Tanemura, does it not seem likely that any claims he makes regarding Kukishinden are probably true?

Just a little nitpick, please don't call it Kukishinden ryu, it's either Kukishinden or Kukishin ryu, both together = nono.

Lineage is important (though a lot of bullshidoists hate it) because it establishes links between certain ryu. Some people (like me) care about this because it gives us something to research. There is more to martial arts than fighting, there's also the sense of pride of being part of an art that's older than many countries are. The research some of us do also ends up in textbooks.

I stand by the opinion that ninjutsu contains fighting techniques as well as all the other stuff, and I stand by the opinion (actually it's not an opinion) that ninjutsu is still taught today, regardless of whether or not you define it as fighting. If it's not ninjutsu then what the hell is it? It's all the same stuff other ryu call ninjutsu. Meh.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 3:08pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Most "Ninjitsu" is bullshit. People who want to be REAL Ninjas join the military, SWAT, or Intelligence services (CIA)
    Yeah...or the Hell's Angels, or the Mafia, or your local crack dealer...whoever has the money.
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast