Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:14pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bullwarrior
    thank you to all people that really advice me and help me in my choise...
    i will attend tryal lesson in both school and i will decide after try on my skin.. for other people.. thank you too.. but the sadness take..
    can you advice some non bullshit ninjitsu school in italy if you know?
    i can't afford to reach u.s.a. to learn really ninjitsu or other martial art.. so please help me with advise and info, not with the usally seen in all forum "i am better than you" ..please!!!
    may I ask why you're so fascinated with becoming a ninja?

Unfortunately the way it plays out is if you join a Ninjitsu/Ninpo school CHANCES are that you'll end up wasting your time and money for things that don't transfer over into real life. I personally don't know any legitimite ninja schools where I live, let alone Italy. You'd probably be better off joining a system with a better track record. If it's weapons that you're interested in there's always Kali/Arnis/Escrima...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    http://members.aol.com/writejapan/hiragana/n.gif

Come on now, you know there's an n.
    :new_tomat

And I didn't say kukishin ryu was ninjutsu, I said it's possible you could call togakure ryu "kukishin ryu ninpo". That's what Takamatsu was gonna call it before the Kuki's kinda started being dicks to him.
    Togakure was suppose to come form Gyokko Ryu so I don't think that was the case.

It's pretty much thought that kumogakure is an empty ryu and the techniques have been lost but the principles behind it are still taught. Tanemura still teaches kamayari techniques and those didn't just come from nowhere. Hatsumi teaches kumogakure ryu koppo which is different but since he's soke of that ryu he can and does issue rank in it. Same thing with gyokushin ryu.
    The Kamiyaqri wasn't a totaly unique weapon it was just the hallmark of the Kumogakure. Just like Kusarigama is the hallmark of the Fusen Ryu but pple know it most now for its newaza. There is not listiong anywhere for Kumogakure Koppo.
    Hatsumi got his training in Gyokushin, among other things, form Ueno Takahashi. Ueno NEVER called his school ninjutsu but Koppojutsu. So its suspect that he calls this school ninjutsu.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:16pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is that right? And what research have you done into the ninja to base such a statement on? What do you know about what ninja did 200 years ago, or before then?

I don't mean to be overly confrontational but probably you don't know anything about ninja other than something you read on a crappy website or saw on a discovery channel show.
    Actually he gets some of it form me and I know a hell of alot about the subject. :ninjadanc
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:29pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at the togakure ryu densho and compare it to the amatsu tatara ryusen no maki. ryusen no maki has ninjutsu stuff in it, and according to Takamatsu and Tanemura a good chunk of the stuff is almost exactly the same. I'm sure you know amatsu tatara happens to be connected strongly to the kuki family.

You can read more about it on page 5 and 6 in amatsu tatara magazine from the genbukan.

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Look at the togakure ryu densho and compare it to the amatsu tatara ryusen no maki. ryusen no maki has ninjutsu stuff in it, and according to Takamatsu and Tanemura a good chunk of the stuff is almost exactly the same. I'm sure you know amatsu tatara happens to be connected strongly to the kuki family.

You can read more about it on page 5 and 6 in amatsu tatara magazine from the genbukan.
    Email here and say tell them the same thing.

kuki-info@shinjin.co.jp
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:59pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe you'd want to contact Tanemura about that, as I believe he is the holder of ryusen no maki. I'm sure he also has Togakure ryu densho, next time you're in saitama why not ask?

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:12pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I believe you'd want to contact Tanemura about that, as I believe he is the holder of ryusen no maki. I'm sure he also has Togakure ryu densho, next time you're in saitama why not ask?
    No. If I wanted to contact Tanemura I would I wanted you to contact the Kukishinden Tenshinhyoho because somethings that is said by the Xkans doesn't jive with them.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:31pm

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Snowcat, the group that Asia is citing is the group that is "recognized" by the Japanese Govt as the Kukishinden Koryu. There lineage, scrolls, and training methods have all been verified.

There is little to none of the x-kans that have been verified.

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:35pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MONGO
    Snowcat, the group that Asia is citing is the group that is "recognized" by the Japanese Govt as the Kukishinden Koryu. There lineage, scrolls, and training methods have all been verified.

There is little to none of the x-kans that have been verified.
    They do recognize Takamatsu's involvement with the lineage but do not recognize Hatsumi as soke of any part of their school.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:50pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah ****.

Who gives a **** about how many scrolls some guy in another country has or what is not recognised or what means what in Japanese ? Its not gonna do anything for anyone. Is it gonna make you a better martial artist ? No way. Forget all that bullshit.

Bullwarrior just find a good competition art and train in it. As praying mantis said Muay Thai and BJJ are great but keep an eye out for boxing, wrestling, kyokushin (or full contact karate), Judo, san shou. You can't go wrong with those styles.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast