Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 5:59pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    me4life69,

Do you speak or read Japanese or Chinese characters at all?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:04pm

Style: She Sho Nah Fen

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ITS AMERICAN

i know the N and M get confused in the japanese language but their is a difference once the art is translated into english, now plz STOP this i do not wish to become a legit poster

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:14pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah skip the Bujinkan for some Muay Thai or BJJ or something... even Kempo and TKD are filled with less bullshido most of the time... well TKD sort of...

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    [QUOTE=KageKaze]Your an idiot. If you know anything, you know ther are plenty of legit Ninpo Schools around. [QUOTE]

NOT THERE IS NOT!!!

FOR THE UMPTEENTH TIME NINJUTSU IS NOT A FIGHTING ART! AND THE XKANS DO NOT TEACH NINJUTSU. THEY TEACH PRIMARILY KOTO RYU, GYOKKO RYU, KUKISHINDEN RYU, OR HONTAI YOSHIN RYU THESE ARE NOT NINJUTSU SCHOOLS!!!! VERY LITTLE NINJUTSU, IF ANY, IS TAUGHT.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:18pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by me4life69
    well USUALLY kempo usues pressure point and kenpo doesnt. Kempo is okinawan and Kempo is american, and MOST obvious, one has an N and one has a M. And from past experiences Kempo is more hardcore then Kenpo. but hey, i only know what I know and only seen when I seen
    PSST KEMPO AND KENPO ARE THE SAME THING!!!

The only difference is if they change the kanji for fist to the one for blade/sword then you have a totally different art.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:20pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A fake ninja master that's actually a judoka? If you have to go to one of the two schools, go to his.

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:21pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ITS AMERICAN
    Is it? What about Shorinji kempo?

Which one is American?

This one 拳法? Or this one 劍法?

i know the N and M get confused in the japanese language but their is a difference once the art is translated into english, now plz STOP this i do not wish to become a legit poster
    Is there a difference when it's translated into English? Or is the difference there before hand?

Why are you afraid of being a legit poster? Is it possibly because you actually have nothing of any worth to contribute?

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:23pm

supporting memberstaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    PSST KEMPO AND KENPO ARE THE SAME THING!!!

The only difference is if they change the kanji for fist to the one for blade/sword then you have a totally different art.
    Praise be to Lord Asia. In his wisdom he posted before I did. May Asia have mercy on our souls.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 6:52pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Togakure ryu is ninjutsu. You could even call it kukishin ryu ninjutsu. But it is taught in all 3 kan's, it's ninjutsu, there's fighting techniques in it, end of story. Cool.

Also pretty much any time you're learning a kamayari, kyoketsushoge, senban (not teppan) technique you're learning ninjutsu. Kamayari are generally thought to be from kumogakure ryu ninjutsu.

As for the stupid N / M debate. There is no M in the Japanese language. Only N. If there's a hard consonant (sp?) like P or B after the letter N in a Japanese word, it's usually pronounced like M but the spelling remains the same. I.E. Nanpa = Nampa, Semban, etc.. There are many exceptions such as chinko, manko, etc... Don't repeat those words outside of this forum please.

Asia's right about the kanji thing. One kanji means sword, the other means fist.

P.s. bujinkan pretty much is **** for the most part. There's some good teachers that could whoop almost anyone's ass but they are the exception not the rule. Genbukan and Jinenkan are way more reliable if you want to learn ninpo. You'll actually learn to defend yourself there.
    Last edited by snowcat; 1/23/2006 6:58pm at .

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 7:00pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    Togakure ryu is ninjutsu. You could even call it kukishin ryu ninjutsu. But it is taught in all 3 kan's, it's ninjutsu, there's fighting techniques in it, end of story. Cool.
    Togakure ryu Ninjutsu the school with the least support on its authenticity.

kukishin ryu IS NOT NINJUTSU. If you called it that then you would be a WRONG!

The three schools that claim to be ninjutsu in the Bujinkan are:

Togakure Ryu which I spoke on.

Kumogakure Ryu which even Hatsumi admits he hasn't taught anyone.

Gyokushin Ryu which is only listed as Ninjutsu in the Bujinkan. This school name shows up at least 5 times in the Bugie Ryuha Daijiten and it is not listed as ninjutsu in any sense.

As for the stupid N / M debate. There is no M in the Japanese language. Only N. If there's a hard consonant (sp?) like P or B after the letter N in a Japanese word, it's usually pronounced like M but the spelling remains the same. I.E. Nanpa = Nampa, Semban, etc.. There are many exceptions such as chinko, manko, etc... Don't repeat those words outside of this forum please
    Correction there is no N in the Japanese language either. What you idiots are arguing over deals with what system of romanization you are using. Dakara Kenpo ka Kempo dochira demo ii desu.
    ______

RIP SOLDIER

-Gene, GODHAND

-Daniel Tosh
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast