Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 5:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ - Homeland Security

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    So basically, you are telling someone about something someone told you he once heard about (probably from someone else) 35 years ago which probably never existed?

Great!
    Which is coincidentally how every "ninjitsu works because some guy won a fight with it once" post goes.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 7:50pm

Style: Taijutsu, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I've won fights with ninpo. Real fights and sport fights. My training has come through for me, and that's all that matters.

All of the techniques of ninpo work. It's up to the practicioner to make them work. It's also up to the practicioner to decide which technique or principle to use. I'll give you 1000 dollars if you can find a technique of ninpo that doesn't work when performed properly. Don't give me that 'it doesn't work against resistance' bullshit. You can strongarm your way through resistance, or you can just use a different technique, or you can do a reversal, or a million other things.

Again, it's the practicioner that makes the difference, not the art. All the techniques work and yes, it is because some guy fought and won with it once. In some point in history, some guy somewhere happened to have a particular situation where a particular technique made the most sense and performed it. Then he taught it to other people so they could use it in that situation too, if they ever got caught up in it. That's pretty much how all the techniques of ninpo are. And that's why bujinkan sucks, because not many of them train very hard.

The funny thing is about the naysayers, they're too much of a ***** to go find a hardcore taijutsu dojo and make a challenge to spar a top student or the instructor. And forget about actually trying the art. It's so much easier to just spout bullshit for some of you. Tell me what city you live in, and I'll find you a ninpo group that trains hard. Go badmouth them, if you think you're hot **** then you ought to be able to beat them all up right?
    Last edited by snowcat; 1/26/2006 7:55pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 3:31pm

Style: Multiple

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How the hell do you get a black belt in kung fu?[/QUOTE]

well 7 year training under a great sifu, a lot of examinations and, at last, the black belt examination in rome, with forms (katas as you call them), sparrings, first aid, accounting and italian low (economics, penal and so on).. well i'm a very normal people not as super fighter great warrior ass kicker as you are... you instead, you know only kick ass or you know something else too?
    i do not think to dress a black pajama going around at night , i need some thing new, other than punches, kicks, blocks, grapples and trowing.. wu tao is very complete in that way, i feel pain when i fight in a sanda (or san shou as most of all know this fighting sport) and i know very well the blood taste in my mounth. i think martial arts are more than breaking bone and kicking butt, i need more martial art not a fighting sports, sanda is enought for me, because i pitt against boxer, kick boxer, savateur, jujitsu, thai boxer and once with a nut shell that studied pancratium (well italy as history and we save our tradition...)
    for example the chain tecniques (kusari???) i saw this evening are very interesting, while sparring.. well they seems like monkyes.. mental exercise for meditation, different to them i used to practice...[/QUOTE]

No, he is saying that you can't get a black belt in a Chinese art because they do not have belts in Chinese styles. There are 9 levels, starting with Bronze Eagle (1) to Tiger (4-6) and end at Gold Dragon (9). Gold Dragon is equivalent level to a master of the style. That's all he was saying.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 5:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If a teacher decides to use the belt system, it hardly takes away from the techniques. You should cram that 3 animals bullshit back up Evans' ass.

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 5:57pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kung fu wu tao

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    no black belt in chinese martial art? well i get it.. but i can say that there are many kung fu styles in italy, and every scool has is tradition.. and separate students with conventional colored belt as karate and ju jitsu did.. as wt separes students with colored t-shirt.. wu tao (cino vietnamita kung fu very similar to shaolin.. i am saying similar not "identical to..") has 5 stage (each with a colour and 3 to 4 degree inside it): no belt at all, white belt (3 degree inside) red belt (3 degree inside) blue belt (4 degree inside) and black belt. in the first 4 stage my master call you during a training session and start the examination (you are examinated, the other continue their training).. form, sparring with i scool member with an hight degree and at the end of the training session start the cerimony of degree o stage passage. for the black belt
    we have to go to rome and we are axaminated in front of several master of other styles from c.o.n.i. associations (c.o.n.i. is a governement entity for culture and sport: also the f.i.g.c or soccer association is under c.o.n.i. roules)
    than i apologize for my.. rush(???) there was a misunderstanding. i was tired by the tread conversation tone where the most of people says: my martial art is better than yours so i break your bones.. and not i am better fighter than you so i breack you bones... what a sad world in this forum.. too much children!!

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you got ag BB in a CMA then your teacher owes the family of Jigoro Kano royalites for stealing his invention.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 6:00pm

Style: Wao ShenChi/Savate/Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 10:14pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat
    I've won fights with ninpo. Real fights and sport fights. My training has come through for me, and that's all that matters.

All of the techniques of ninpo work. It's up to the practicioner to make them work. It's also up to the practicioner to decide which technique or principle to use. I'll give you 1000 dollars if you can find a technique of ninpo that doesn't work when performed properly. Don't give me that 'it doesn't work against resistance' bullshit. You can strongarm your way through resistance, or you can just use a different technique, or you can do a reversal, or a million other things.

Again, it's the practicioner that makes the difference, not the art. All the techniques work and yes, it is because some guy fought and won with it once. In some point in history, some guy somewhere happened to have a particular situation where a particular technique made the most sense and performed it. Then he taught it to other people so they could use it in that situation too, if they ever got caught up in it. That's pretty much how all the techniques of ninpo are. And that's why bujinkan sucks, because not many of them train very hard.

The funny thing is about the naysayers, they're too much of a ***** to go find a hardcore taijutsu dojo and make a challenge to spar a top student or the instructor. And forget about actually trying the art. It's so much easier to just spout bullshit for some of you. Tell me what city you live in, and I'll find you a ninpo group that trains hard. Go badmouth them, if you think you're hot **** then you ought to be able to beat them all up right?
    Just stay chill Snowcat. I get the impression that you get a little hot under the collar when people question the effectivness of bujinkan techniques. We've had a few bujinkan people here that couldn't handle having people question what they said and what they do, and they left in a hissy fit. Please don't become one of these people. I would like to see more taijutsu people here that were willing to discuss the issues with a bit of give-and-take and learn from what people have to say. If people insult you, don't rise to it. It's verbal sparring here and you are expected to be able to take it.

We have had people use the same comebacks as you, just to warn you there are people here that have taken taijutsu at some point and do speak from experiance. Don't assume that nobody here has ever sparred a bujinkan-ka, some have and have been less than impressed. Please don't assume that people are just spouting bullshit from the keyboard.

Calling people on here "pussies" will not go down well at all. There are several very high level fighters here that compete, spar or endanger themselves through millitary and security work. Not tp mention the large number of people here that train hard, spar, roll and randori. This intensity of training can be up there with other athletes. They might be a lot of things but they are not pussies. I doubt many here would actually be afraid to thowdown with a taijutsu senior student or instructor.

I don't know if you are serious or not, but be careful with stuff like "1000 dollars if you can find a technique of ninpo that doesn't work when performed properly." I'm sure there are many low-percentage techs that we practice. It's an unavoidable side-effect of the general lack of aliveness. Also, you can alwasy have an "out" by saying "that's not doing it properly" It's an unwinnable challenge. Perhaps if alive methods were endorsed from the top then we could whittle away the bad and be left with the good, but untill that happens you will be getting a mix of high, medium, low and just plain stupid percentage techniques.

I'm glad to hear that your training is working out for you. Perhaps we could see some of your sparring/randori footage to see how you apply it. I see bullshido as an type of "evidence-based martial arts" advocate and you have to understand that stories cannot constitute valid evidence. Enjoy yourself here Snowcat. Try and be civil and refrain from inflamitory statments (even if others use them) as they tend to spiral a discussion into bullshit.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 11:26pm

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this is a fun thread.......gettin some in-depth ninjer info. an gettin entertained by kung fu black belts lol........how many animals do kung fu people mimick anyways? white ape? coal tiger? lmao........soon they gonna break out lineage scrolls of sacred Roach-knuckle-fist

an 7 step jimminy crickett style.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 6:36am

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The funny thing is about the naysayers, they're too much of a ***** to go find a hardcore taijutsu dojo and make a challenge to spar a top student or the instructor
    There are plenty of people here that do competitions and could care less what systems their opponents train in. I wonder why the ninja seem to avoid such events.

Heck, you might be a bad ass mutha, and win lots of fights. However, that doesn't take away from the fact that all the ninja crap is based on japanese fables and fiction. All of this ninja stuff is geared towards dorks that wish they lived in fuedal japanese times.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12 LastLast