1/22/2006 4:07am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

SURVIVE! Self Defense

So this is pretty much bullshit.

Bullshit-o-meter = teh br0k3

I've mentioned it a couple of times around here about a SD program in Fresno where the people are trained to tell the attackers that what they're doing is bad and wrong. I think this is the one, I'm pretty sure of it. I COULD be wrong, but it's the same bitch that one of my friend's friends was telling me about. They're favorite moves:

Palm strike to the nose
    Or if your attacker has your arm
    Yelling at them and saying, "NO! You can't do this it's ILLEGAL!"

It's such a scam and could and WILL get people in serious harm. I especially like their little quiz right here. It's a nice little scare tatic to get you to send them money for your boyscout meeting.

I was looking at their clientel just now and now I'm almost 100% sure this is the same stupid bitch. This Kelly Rudolph woman, it's like a female Ashida Kim. It's about empowerment and "self-awareness". Which isn't really self-defense as much as it is growing the **** up and stop acting like a whore, going out to bad places and getting plastered and expecting nothing to happen to you if you don't want to get raped.

I noticed that on her clientel listing my old high-school was listed. If I have the time, I'll go and check out their classes they're teaching the girls there and maybe call her out on her bullshit.

EDIT:

Here is the site of the guy who came up with their "martial arts" portion of their SD training: TEh Dr4g0n!

Sid Campbell? Anybody know anything on him. All they have on his site is his various accomplishments in writing and acting and forming organizations (such as this one).
    Last edited by King Sleepless; 1/22/2006 4:24am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 5:58am

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    "5. You are walking to your car in a parking lot when a suspicious stranger approaches you asking for directions. The safest thing to do is

A. Scream for help

B. Run in the opposite direction

C. Hold your open hands up and yell, “Back Off!”

D. Answer the question the stranger asked and be polite

5. C is the correct answer. Show the attacker you are not afraid to make a scene and fight back. Be the path of MOST resistance! Running in the opposite direction is also a good choice."

How is asking for directions 'attacking' ?

If we all followed this quiz, the whole world would be one big paranoid head case!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 6:51am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    LOL if i asked a stranger for directions and they did C i'd probably react in kind and end up hitting them.

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 8:15am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't know, if I approached a solitary female intent on raping her, I don't think my 210 pound ass would be too deterred by her "asserting herself powerfully" as described. I might even find it arousing to have some resistance. Wouldn't it be more sound sense to run if you thought something would happen?

Site's not that bad though. Has one or two good pieces of advice, athough it seems to cater mainly to paranoid soccer moms.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 9:15am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    26. What is the simplest, most effective way to get safety training that lasts a lifetime?

A. Read books

B. Watch videos

C. SURVIVE! Seminars and Simple Escape Technique courses

Hmmmm I wonder wich one is it....

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 9:33am

Style: Savate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jez
    "5. You are walking to your car in a parking lot when a suspicious stranger approaches you asking for directions. The safest thing to do is

A. Scream for help

B. Run in the opposite direction

C. Hold your open hands up and yell, “Back Off!”

D. Answer the question the stranger asked and be polite

5. C is the correct answer. Show the attacker you are not afraid to make a scene and fight back. Be the path of MOST resistance! Running in the opposite direction is also a good choice."

How is asking for directions 'attacking' ?

If we all followed this quiz, the whole world would be one big paranoid head case!
    Next time some elderly lady comes asking directions, I´ll have to choose A, B, or C. ....Wonder what the people around will think though. :ninja7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 1:12pm

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That was some crazy ****. I love it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 1:30pm

Style: Eagle Claw/Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshit. Everyone knows that what you have to do in a self-defense situation is yell "STOP IT!".

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 1:38pm

Style: Wing Chun

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirc
    So this is pretty much bullshit.

Bullshit-o-meter = teh br0k3

Which isn't really self-defense as much as it is growing the **** up and stop acting like a whore, going out to bad places and getting plastered and expecting nothing to happen to you if you don't want to get raped.

THANKYOU. Someone with sense. If I hear one more speech about 'empowerment' and 'reclaiming the streets'... I read a very good article by psychologist S. Pinker who - and I'm only paraphrasing - said something like "We need to stop teaching women that rape isn't about sex. Of course it's about sex. If you agree to go up to a man's bedroom, what did you think was going to happen - you'd sit around in your 'jammies playing Connect 4?"

"Yelling at them and saying, "NO! You can't do this it's ILLEGAL!"

I mean Christ, someone is honestly going to die doing this.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 1:41pm

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm surprised that they have so many customers and on top of that very prevalent customers in the cities that they prowl about in. I phoned one of my girl..... friends that still go to Clovis High. I don't want her to be in a situation that she thinks this will actually help her. They'll be holding classes soon, I hope i have the time to go and call her bullshit out. Perhaps I should get a BS shirt and go in there and Joe Rogan rock that bitch and see how she handles a theigh kick into a RNC.

Wayne Brady's gotta choke a bitch.
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast