Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 10:08am

Style: KARATE / MUAY THAI

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

underground fights, asian masters...

yep, its another 30 year old grandmaster!

Name, Barry Kerr
    Age, 30
    Nationality, Scottish
    Religion, Buddhist

Qualifications,

Lohan kung fu, grand master disciple from first generation.
    Wing chun kung fu 5th degree black sash,
    Aikido 6th degree black belt,
    Bushido, 3rd degree black belt,
    Kendo, Iai-do 4th degree black belts.
    Taek won do 9 degree black belt +5 dan for promotional and international achievement = 14 Dan and Grand master status.
    Kickboxing & Muay Thai professional ranks.

... but THE BEST story to go with it!

http://www.tigeranddragon.co.uk/content/view/35/47/

Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:16am

supporting member
     Style: na

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It must be true, no one would make that up, its so heartbreaking. I'll buy a plane ticket tommorrow to go meet my "shidoshi". :new_alien

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Let me pull out my programming skills and see if this computes...

IF TOT-BB-LEVEL > MASTER-AGE
    BULL-****-SWITCH = TRUE
    PERFORM 0200-WWW-BULLSHIDO-COM-BEATDOWN
    UNTIL MASTER-EXPOSED = TRUE.

Nope. Looks like a problem. Even without the five "promotional" levels (WTF???), this guy would have had to start training at age 3 and received 1 BB per year.

Ok... after reading his bio, he didn't start training until he was 6, so that's >1 BB per year.

Barry goes on to talk about how much ass he kicked in illegal underground fighting. His first night there, he won all 8 of his fights in < 1 minute. Then, at a tournament, he won all of his fights in < 1 minute. I look forward to seeing him in the pros. He should put on quite a show. (sarcasm)

Oh... and nowhere in that looong bio does he mention ANY of his BBelts. You'd think that someone who openly acknowledges receiving criticism for having so many belts at such a young age would cover this topic. Ummm... No. In fact, I could not find mention of where he got his rank *anywhere* on the site.

That being said... I am NOT saying that this is a bad place to train. On the ontrary, I watched some of their kickboxing videos, and I liked what I saw. Some of the students had some bad habits (dropping their hands after punches / kicks, fighting too square, etc), but nothing that you wouldn't see in just about any school. I liked the fact that they sparred at all. They also had pretty good contact. I'm not sure if this is a regular class event or just a special thing, but it offers hope.

If I had only seen the kickboxing videos and hadn't read about his 27 BB ranks, I wouldn't have a problem. That claim, though, raises some red flags.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:23am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by oni
    yep, its another 30 year old grandmaster!

Name, Barry Kerr
    Age, 30
    Nationality, Scottish
    Religion, Buddhist

Qualifications,

Lohan kung fu, grand master disciple from first generation.
    Wing chun kung fu 5th degree black sash,
    Aikido 6th degree black belt,
    Bushido, 3rd degree black belt,
    Kendo, Iai-do 4th degree black belts.
    Taek won do 9 degree black belt +5 dan for promotional and international achievement = 14 Dan and Grand master status.
    Kickboxing & Muay Thai professional ranks.

... but THE BEST story to go with it!

http://www.tigeranddragon.co.uk/content/view/35/47/
    Dude ... that's awesome ... I mean "5th Degree Black Sash" ... amazing. Here I've been walking the TCMA - CMA Path for over 40 years and never even heard of such a thing ... I am humbled.

Since he claims "professional ranks" as both a Kickboxer and MT fighter he has just became fair game.

You might want to point him out to Kidspatula or Annatrocity and ask them to inquire of their peeps. Both are hooked into MT. "Scrapper" is the main Mad Dog to contact on this thing ... he's relentless in his investigations.

Let The Games Begin!!! Once again,Bullshido charges to the front, seizes control and puts the light of day on things slimey and dark.

Bullshido Admin

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:29am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: 柔術

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Lohan kung fu, grand master disciple from first generation. > so you studied the art?

Wing chun kung fu 5th degree black sash, > No such rank

Aikido 6th degree black belt, > at 30...... doubtful

Bushido, 3rd degree black belt, > No one ranks in a philosphy

Kendo, Iai-do 4th degree black belts. > Could be......

Taek won do 9 degree black belt +5 dan for promotional and international achievement = 14 Dan and Grand master status. > HAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA there is no 14th Dan unless TKD became the Bujinkan

Kickboxing & Muay Thai professional ranks. > Professional = Records, Therefore proof? Where is it.
    Last edited by Plasma; 1/21/2006 11:32am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Dude ... that's awesome ... I mean "5th Degree Black Sash" ... amazing. Here I've been walking the TCMA - CMA Path for over 40 years and never even heard of such a thing ... I am humbled.

Since he claims "professional ranks" as both a Kickboxer and MT fighter he has just became fair game.

You might want to point him out to Kidspatula or Annatrocity and ask them to inquire of their peeps. Both are hooked into MT. "Scrapper" is the main Mad Dog to contact on this thing ... he's relentless in his investigations.

Let The Games Begin!!! Once again,Bullshido charges to the front, seizes control and puts the light of day on things slimey and dark.
    John I hear by grant you the 9th Degree Uber Black Sash!!!

Whats my qualifications? I'm over 30 and started training as a fetus!!!

What? Don't look at me that way. I'm a GRANDWIZARDDRAGONMASTER you have not right to critize me!!! :badgrin:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:50am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    John I hear by grant you the 9th Degree Uber Black Sash!!!
    Once again ... I am humbled ... *bows politely* ... now to find some suitable black satin to fashion a sash out of ... so I can be all purty like ...

Whats my qualifications? I'm over 30 and started training as a fetus!!!
    The Prophecy of Old is now complete ... You are forever known as THE WAR GOD ... where ever your feet touch the ground no grass will grow for 1 year, whomever shall hear the words of your Mighty Wrath bleeds from their ears, whomever shall witness your Majesty in Combat shall be rendered blind, whomever shall feel your touch will dry up, perish, and be scattered upon the 4 Winds. So it was foretold ... so it has come to pass.

One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 12:09pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    The Prophecy of Old is now complete ... You are forever known as THE WAR GOD ... where ever your feet touch the ground no grass will grow for 1 year, whomever shall hear the words of your Mighty Wrath bleeds from their ears, whomever shall witness your Majesty in Combat shall be rendered blind, whomever shall feel your touch will dry up, perish, and be scattered upon the 4 Winds. So it was foretold ... so it has come to pass.
    And all this time, I didn't realize Asia was my mother-in-law. :eusa_doh:
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 1:21pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Note that his shidoshi was Senzo Tanaka. I wonder if "Fight to Survive" started playing in the background every time he fought...

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 1:39pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    I'm a GRANDWIZARDDRAGONMASTER
    Is the next step up IMPERIALWIZARDDRAGONMASTER?
Page 1 of 10 1 2345 ... LastLast