Our Sponsors:

Page 41 of 45 FirstFirst ... 313738394041 42434445 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    5/29/2007 4:16pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It would be much harder, though it might be possible depending on the country in question. Since they read this this thread, I'm not going to be more specific then that.

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 9:15am

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I THINK the UK has a 'loser pays' system in place to discourage frivolous lawsuits. If so, I doubt they will sue anyone there.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 10:30am

Style: Karate, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As of Norway and Sweden, I'm pretty sure they cant do jack when it comes to "stupid" lawsuits. Lawsuites here are rather rare and if there is one, there is certainly a good reason for it. A swedish torrent site had a bunch of "lawsuits" on its ass from American film companies, but due to swedish laws, they were untouchable. They even posted the threats from the companies on the site and the "funny" replies they sent.

But, still would feel safer with confirmation. xD

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 12:35pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Not knowing anything about scandinavian law, I can't answer the question. However I want to see Bryce get his pleading papers translated into Swedish. That would be a laugh.

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 12:39pm

Style: boxing, gjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If you live in Japan, you better be careful though. He speaks Japanese, remember!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 1:48pm

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Just gotta share

I just have to share this information. If you go to the Konigun website and read the judge's decision in federal court, you learn some interesting things, like why the judge dismissed the suit. I am one of the victims of it and I had not read it until today. What I read made me laugh out loud.

The judge said that there were a few reasons to toss the case. First, not all of the defendants lived outside of the state, one of them lived in the same state, so that made it a possible state matter, at least against that person. The next part is what was laughable. It seems that BFD claimed that we defendants had violated his 1st, 4th,5th, and 8th Amendment rights. Put simply, none of us represent the government, therefore we could not have violated his rights in this case. Now that is the judge's decision and words summed up. Want the real laugh, go read the U.S. constitution and see what those four amendments are, like illegal search and seizure (4th amendment), freedom of religion and expression (1st amendment), double jeopardy and right not to self incriminate (5th amendment) and cruel and unusual punishment (8th amendment). Now folks, if you need a better demonstration of how stupid this thing is, I don't know where you might find it. The other part of the lawsuit claimed copyright law violation, due to a picture of him being "doctored". But the judge noted that the picture was not copyrighted, so no jurisdiction, no violation of the law.

I just had to share this, because I never read the judge's decision. My attorney described it accurately: this guy is like the checker at your local grocery store who reads a book on counselling and then says she is a therapist and offers to help you. He has no education in the law but fancies himself a lawyer. The state lawsuit claims a conspiracy, this among a group of people who did not even know each other prior to his lawsuit and that his mental health has been affected. Well, I guess if that is his claim, if it ever goes to court, the defendants can demand an expert evaluation of his mental status. but wait, that would show exactly what has been claimed about his personallity, it isn't libel if it is true is it?

I decided I'd have a pretty avatar for a while.

Posted On:
    5/30/2007 2:12pm

Style: Student Jutsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Wiki entry needs updating in light of these facts, the suit illustrates the kind of person who is 'the sole inheritor of a secret martial tradition'.
    "Listen to Iscariot you Vicchysoise ninja-fuckers!" - kohadril
    "Are you going to rise to godhood out of the ashes of Earth? " - frumpleswift
    "I'll pray for you Iscariot." - Mas
    "Iscariot, check your pulse and report back. We need to know if you are in fact, not alive." - Lu Tzu
    "Iscariot is victorious!" - Dai Tenshi
    "More God delusions." - DAYoung
    "Iscariot, despite our obvious doctrinal differences, I salute your exquisite bastardry, and take back half of all the bad things I ever said about you." - Zendetta

Registered Member

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 9:19am

Style: aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just a quick note, their website has a calendar that runs through 2011. According to several of their former students, that is when Armaggedon will occur and the Konigun Ninjas will become the enforcers that will usher in a new world order. Now, does that kind of talk sound familiar to anyone?

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 12:16pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Agranjero
    The other part of the lawsuit claimed copyright law violation, due to a picture of him being "doctored". But the judge noted that the picture was not copyrighted, so no jurisdiction, no violation of the law.
    Was that the picture that showed him fat on top and skinny on the bottom, with his followers--labeled "meal tickets"--bowing down to him?

Posted On:
    6/07/2007 12:18pm

Style: Lethargy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by 1bad65
    I THINK the UK has a 'loser pays' system in place to discourage frivolous lawsuits. If so, I doubt they will sue anyone there.
    Im fairly sure you have to decide that in court. Its not a definite.