Our Sponsors:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 7:16pm

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    he wants 10% on sponsers and 20% of the purse? WTF!!!

You are PAYING HIM for the mat time, instruction, ect. Your classes are not free. He's just trying to squeeze every bit out of you that he can get.

I'm not saying instructors shouldn't be paid. Mats, equipment, rent, and time cost money. But asking for a percentage of your purse sounds a little shady.

What if your college asked you for 20% of your pay check? You payed tuition and owe them nothing.

You are the guy in their fighting and risking your health. The money is yours. Do not pay him.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just tell that asshole that you can't afford to be his friend anymore.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:03am

Style: TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please tell me you didn't give him the money. Fighting is a risky profession. Your the guy taking the concusions while he is sitting back and collecting your dough.

You didn't pay that did you?

Amateur Fighter

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 11:37am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Of course not. That's why I left the club.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 3:26pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    God I'm never opening my own club.

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 9:07pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: kenpo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    You probably feel bad because you felt some kind of friendship with your instructor, that's OK, everybody gets suckered some time. I would say that while that isn't bullshido, it most certainly is bullshit.
    I couldn't agree more. I'll be posting my situation soon on a new thread. You got suckered and used by your instructor. Thats the very dark side of the martial arts. I got suckered just as bad if not worse(if possible). But thats totally outrageous and uncalled for....Let me explain soem more using animations.... Just when you think you could share a :occasion1 with them they go and turn into a :new_vampv

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 4:32pm

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm really glad you posted this, Lee. I've been planning for a while now to train at your old club. Just trying to get my debts paid off so I could afford the $110 a month. It's $135 now? Damnit! There's no way I'm signing a year contract, either. I got screwed on that deal before with JKD. (Was there for a year and three months, and then when I had to move away, I got told it was like rent and because I didn't leave a month's notice I owed another month. I paid it because they were my friends. I'll never do that again.)

I'm doing Taijutsu again here in town with a new instructor. I could bitch about the lack of aliveness and etc., but it's FREE. I'm trying to get together with other stylists to spar in the meanwhile. I'll have to come to Yankton with Unpossible one of these days. I'm still planning on being at the Throwdown, too. Hopefull I can get Walker and my bud Mike who does Praying Mantis to come along.

I ran into Shayna the other night. She was cool enough to recognize me from talking to her here and there at the Cage. Apparently she's still over at the old club, and she's got a 3 fight contract with Ring Of Fire now. I wonder if he's taking a cut of her purse?

As far as bad experiences with instructors, I'll have to tell you guys all about my old TKD teacher sometime. To keep a long story short, we ended up being roommate's. Then his fiance' cheated on him with his brother and cousin, he forgave her, I told him not to trust her and drop her, they got married and became swingers, then she said he couldn't be friends with me anymore. Uh, he actually threatened to kill me at one point, and then it got better because they got divorced. Later, I almost had to pull him off of his new girlfriend when they were fighting. There's a lot of details about VD, 'roid rage, and me Thai roundhousing the **** out of him that I'm not going to get into.

As far as the religious thing, I'm a Christian, but I'm not an ass about it. I don't buy most of the crap most pastor's say. I quit believing in end times prophecy and right wing politics and teaching creationism and a bunch of other stuff.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12