Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 2:38am

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I can see a potential business opportunity: marketing pimped gi's in different colors - chocolate, strawberry, and last but not least green that glows in the dark.

On another note, a cheap gi will rip open when you grapple with the upmost intensity.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 9:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo
    So you've had a few BJJ experiences, but you don't consider yourself a BJJ'er. That's very open minded of you.

Most men are not so secure in terms of the martial arts preference. If they have a BJJ experience, it tends to be a major life crisis. They think, "OMG, I do TKD, but deep down I'm really a BJJ'er! I need help!"

(Women tend to be more open minded. I've met many women who have had several BJJ experiences, but still don't consider themselves to be BJJ'ers.)

So I commend you on being so secure.

I don't think you need to feel uneasy, though. Generally speaking, I don't think people who are openly BJJ are that aggressive. It's the closeted BJJ'ers who tend to be more violent, because they are insescure about their conflicted martial identity.

So I don't think you have to worry about picking fights. Once you're out to the world as a BJJ'er, and you have the support of the BJJ community, you will probably find that the sense of conflict goes away.

Of course, I wouldn't now from first hand experience. My friend told me.

I've heard theres a very good movie on this subject coming out soon. I think it's called Brokeback Mounting. You should check it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    There are things you simply can't undo.
    You took money for sex (just once), you are a whore.
    You fucked a goat (just once), you are a goatfucker
    You took BJJ (just once), you are a BJJer.

Tomas

Funniest two posts this month.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 9:14am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS
    In my av.

And don't forget gi pimpin', it's essential.
    Aye, patches instensify your partnerīs grappling experience.

Oh, adn remmember what they say about grappling: once you go brazilian, you never go back.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 9:21am

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Gi without patches is like a garden without flowers.

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 12:09am

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Buddy, those arenīt BJJ'ers. Those are NASCAR racers.

BTW, does David Meca do BJJ?

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 3:22am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Do you guys re-use the same gi each time you grapple? Do you even wash it? Otherwise, you are going to get a gi infection.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 5:13pm

Style: BJJ, TKD, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The problem with single weave Gi's is that sperm and STD's can get through the pores and still infect your partner.

Oh wait.... I think I was a tad bit too obvious.... :shock:

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 11:24pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitsuman
    The problem with single weave Gi's is that sperm and STD's can get through the pores and still infect your partner.

Oh wait.... I think I was a tad bit too obvious.... :shock:
    Dude, you are killing the magic!!!! :glasses3:

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 11:38pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yup, use "ringworm" instead.

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 11:59pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dudes, as long as they don't have an instructional video called "Nude BJJ", I think we're all going to be ok...

Woohoo! Gracies Gone WILD!
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast