Our Sponsors:

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 5:24pm

Style: -

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have heard that they now have de-BJJ-ing camps run by Shaoli-Do instructors...

Tomas
    Current stage of death: denial

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 5:25pm

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well, I´ve heard of places they give BJJ'res medical treatment to "cure" them.

They´re called "_ing _un academies".

Or was it the other way around? I can´t tell.

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 5:30pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Beat you by 1 minute:new_321:

Tomas

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 5:33pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Beat you by 1 minute:new_321:

Tomas
    That´s because you´re so dedicated to the spreading of the BJJ Agenda.

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 5:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    That´s because you´re so dedicated to the spreading of the BJJ Agenda.

BJJ, when practiced safely, doesn't spread more "agenda" than other MAs.

Tomas

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 5:59pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ, when practiced safely, doesn't spread more "agenda" than other MAs.

Tomas
    There is no such thing as 100% safe BJJ, even when you put your gi on. And most people like it no-gi and sooner or later are going to go a it no gi with a stranger in the mat.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 6:05pm

Join us... or die

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    There is no such thing as 100% safe BJJ, even when you put your gi on. And most people like it no-gi and sooner or later are going to go a it no gi with a stranger in the mat.
    Aye, matworm risk´s factor is high between the BJJ colective and those who engage in unprotected grappling.

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by elnyka
    I agree. I have always encouraged education and free access to high quality gis in accessible places like supermarkets, convenience stores and vending machines. But I'm always met with a fierce opposition from those that think that the only way to avoid the risk is abstinence.

Tomas

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 6:14pm

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BJJ isn't the only game in town, boys.
    Attached Images  

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 6:28pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I agree. I have always encouraged education and free access to high quality gis in accessible places like supermarkets, convenience stores and vending machines. But I'm always met with a fierce opposition from those that think that the only way to avoid the risk is abstinence.

Tomas
    Those who advocate abstinence in reality are only projecting their insecurities on others. Usually it's because they are too ugly or socially incompetent to get some grappling. Lonely nights go by while these individuals salivate looking at pictures and diagrams in TMA magazines.

But every once in a while, they in fact have some grappling buddy with whom to grapple furtively, usually without the gi. Once the deed is done, the abstentionist go back home and immediately takes a shower to feel clean. Last but not least, he/she goes into a bout of depression and self-blame, put on some pajamas, and squares into a kung-fu-like stance while reciting purification mantras as illustrated below:

Besides, you can advocate free access to high quality gi for everyone, but at the end of the day, grapplers like to do it no gi. It doesn't feel the same with one on.
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 5678 LastLast