Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 9:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Attn: Jfs_usa

I like friendly sparring matches, comparisons of technique, etc. But I'm not going to call out people on the internet, because I think it isn't a good communication medium when it comes to physical technique. I think getting mad at somebody for not taking my word for something is a little retarded and results in challenge matches in bad faith. I don't trust anyone who's angry at me enough to spar with them. I've had enough bad experiences with that to last a lifetime.

At a Throwdown, when you're talking about stances or techniques, you could show me when and how you'd use'em, and I could offer an opinion effectiveness and possible counters, and we could test those counters, and so on. So any goofy arguement would be settled, immediately, and without irrationality or anger, just "If we're in this position, and I do such-n-such, you see the effect it has?" and I could see it right away.

Also, I think YOU have exceptional base, because from what I've seen in pictures, you're a big, strong guy, and you did wrestling and so on. So things that work for you are not necessarily going to work for me, being smaller and weaker.

Anyway, I think you have a pretty good attitude concerning MA in general, and I think we would get along fine in person, and not have nearly as many differences of opinion, since it's easy to explain things in person.

An idea though, if you want to demonstrate how a technique works, try making a technique video if you have access to a camera and so on. A webcam is an easy solution, as long as you can recruit a dummy for the videos. Then you could address things directly, and everyone would understand immediately what you meant.

EDIT: I was going to make this a PM, but your inbox was full.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 10:06pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    I like friendly sparring matches, comparisons of technique, etc. But I'm not going to call out people on the internet, because I think it isn't a good communication medium when it comes to physical technique. I think getting mad at somebody for not taking my word for something is a little retarded and results in challenge matches in bad faith. I don't trust anyone who's angry at me enough to spar with them. I've had enough bad experiences with that to last a lifetime.
    Understood ... been set up and beat up a few times myself.

At a Throwdown, when you're talking about stances or techniques, you could show me when and how you'd use'em, and I could offer an opinion effectiveness and possible counters, and we could test those counters, and so on. So any goofy arguement would be settled, immediately, and without irrationality or anger, just "If we're in this position, and I do such-n-such, you see the effect it has?" and I could see it right away.
    That's a part of the MD Crew's SOP ... compare and contrast as my good Friend Steve Richards likes to say. Then some choose to get crazy and go balls to the wall. I'm staying on the mat experiencing BJJ for the time being ... having a blast ... getting my head handed to me and learning all the while.

Also, I think YOU have exceptional base, because from what I've seen in pictures, you're a big, strong guy, and you did wrestling and so on. So things that work for you are not necessarily going to work for me, being smaller and weaker.
    Dunno about all that ... a Si-hing of mine beat the living **** out of me years ago when I was truly a Stud. He was a little pot bellied going bald headed piss ant. Broke a few of my ribs, tied knots all in my face ... just flat out fucked me up and I had been routinely beating up Men in full contact fights ... knocking their asses stone cold out. Since that time, I really don't value physical appearances all that much.

Anyway, I think you have a pretty good attitude concerning MA in general, and I think we would get along fine in person, and not have nearly as many differences of opinion, since it's easy to explain things in person.
    Dude, you are cool with me. I was just pinging on you ... I'm an asshole and not too proud to simply admit it. We will/would get along fine. If you like good, strong, black coffee, we can go have a couple of cups.

An idea though, if you want to demonstrate how a technique works, try making a technique video if you have access to a camera and so on. A webcam is an easy solution, as long as you can recruit a dummy for the videos. Then you could address things directly, and everyone would understand immediately what you meant.
    I'm not going to do that now ... or ever. I don't believe in "techniques" or "concepts" as such. They are simply too large an information bundle to have much use to me. Too damned many variables to juggle. I am exclusively principle based. Principles are universals ... they must be "true" and are the smallest discrete element we can identify as containing or representing useful information.

Nor do I much value "style" or "system" for that matter. I am a Sifu and I am also widely regarded as a heretic and/or homicidal maniac/violent lunatic. I am a heretic and the other **** is just that ... **** put out by Sifu I've jammed in the past for being ass monkeys.

To me, a system, method, approach, style, whatever ... is just a vehicle. Put a donkey behind the wheel of a high end BMW and the vehicle does nothing. Put a highly skilled driver behind the wheel of a typical sedan and the vehicle suddenly can do magic.

I just don't put any stock in the "My _____ is better than yours because _____" bullshit. I don't give a **** what any one "knows" ... I am very much interested in what they can DO ... therein lies the difference.

Make the Summer MMTD, coffee is my treat.

EDIT: I was going to make this a PM, but your inbox was full.[/QUOTE]

I keep emptying the fucking thing but my "fans" keep filling it ... mostly with "STFU you old douche bag." :)

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 10:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dunno about all that ... a Si-hing of mine beat the living **** out of me years ago when I was truly a Stud.
    You're obviously a wrestler. No other type of man who is not gay describes himself, or another man, as a stud.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/26/2006 10:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're obviously a wrestler. No other type of man who is not gay describes himself, or another man, as a stud.

Oh god. Am I a closet wrestler or .... man, my shrink is probably thinking "Whoohoo! New Beemer, awlright!" :smile:

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 8:18am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn ... learn something new every day.

Back in the day ... guys who were well above the average joe in physical build were referred to as "Stud Muffins" ... oh Hell, in retrospect that does come off fairly Gay.

Then again, you wouldn't find me pointing that out to some of the "Stud Muffins" I routinely practiced with ... they were fookin animals and dwarfed me. I got beat up a lot as it was.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 8:19am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Oh god. Am I a closet wrestler or .... man, my shrink is probably thinking "Whoohoo! New Beemer, awlright!" :smile:
    Hehehehehehe ...

You meeting up with some of us tomorrow in NYC?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 9:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I am always amazed at how often you run into someone on the net you dislike or disagree with and later when you meet them it turns out it was the medium that was part of the problem as the written word can be a tough way to get certain things accross

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 10:56am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Internet is evil

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/27/2006 11:31am

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    Hehehehehehe ...

You meeting up with some of us tomorrow in NYC?
    I'd love to but I'm going to be getting beat up by one of my old classmates tomorrow, then accompanying my Simo to a different party later in the day.

Another time. :adios: