223550 Bullies, 4163 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 1 to 10 of 49
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Toby Christensen is offline

    Martial mediocrite

    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,150

    Posted On:
    1/19/2006 7:48am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Using bag as aggro outlet

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

    A WMA manual with groundfighting

    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/maste...wrestling.html

    Found this on ARMA.

    A WMA manual with groundfighting!

    Interestingly, it includes theory but not technique. Tell me it isn't the whole thing.
    What am I?:

    I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

    I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

    That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

    :occasion1

    JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

    Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.
  2. DdlR is offline
    DdlR's Avatar

    Light Heavyweight

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    4,771

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 8:59am

    supporting member
     Style: Bartitsu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A number of historical German combat treatises include quite extensive instruction on groundfighting techniques, but they tend to be either written but not illustrated, or appended as a codicil to a technique that is illustrated (e.g., the written instruction for a stnding technique will say something like "by making this adjustment, you can also do this on the ground.") Many of these are demonstrated in Christian Tobler's excellent book on Ringeck's combat techniques, "Secrets of German Medieval Swordsmanship" - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/189...lance&n=283155

    There's at least one treatise that includes several detailed illustrations of elaborate unterhalten ("holding down") techniques in which one fighter restrains one, two and even three opponents - frankly, the latter looks more like a theatrical show-off move than anything that could realistically be accomplished - but unfortunately I can't remember where it's reproduced online. I suggest searching through the image libraries at ARMA and AEMMA.
  3. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 9:51am

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    There are bits and peices of ground fighting techniques here and there. Not very much actually illustrated though.


  4. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 9:57am

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR
    There's at least one treatise that includes several detailed illustrations of elaborate unterhalten ("holding down") techniques in which one fighter restrains one, two and even three opponents - frankly, the latter looks more like a theatrical show-off move than anything that could realistically be accomplished - but unfortunately I can't remember where it's reproduced online. I suggest searching through the image libraries at ARMA and AEMMA.

    I think you're referring to the Codex Wallerstein.

    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/CodexW.htm
  5. seeker of truth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    151

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 10:36am


     Style: Sub Wrestling/Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Looking at some of the Wrestling ilustrations in the Codex, the techniques look very similar to freestyle wrestling.

    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/43.jpg : looks like the two on one.

    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/41.jpg : after grabbing a leg and going in for a high croth you make sure the guy can't move as you set up by trapping the leg as in that picture.

    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/39.jpg : a way to finish a single leg.

    Anyways, alot of them seem very similar to freestyle wrestling, which makes alot of sense.
  6. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 10:53am

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I think it's cute when I go to my MMA gym and they show a takedown I already know because I learned it from ringen and I can tell my girlfriend "this is in my german wrestling stuff, too"

    Or when I learn something in class that I find sometime later in one of the historical manuals.



    The best though, is when I successfully execute a technique from ringen that I havent learned anywhere else and my girlfriend says "That looks like something from one of your books, because it's kind of funky, but it works"

    I slammed someone pretty good the other day with this one:



    and she made the comment about how it looked like something from one of my books, and I could happily tell her that it was.
  7. seeker of truth is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    151

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:00am


     Style: Sub Wrestling/Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That looks similar to this judo throw.

    http://judoinfo.com/video/gokyo/SukuiNage.wmv

    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/90.jpg I didn't see this one before but I think it's the best.

    I would be interested in seeing more manuals with grappling techniques (not just disamring ones) if anyone could link me up.
  8. Anna Kovacs is offline
    Anna Kovacs's Avatar

    Spear Sister

    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    6,421

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:15am

    supporting membersupporting member
     Style: Dancing the Spears

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by seeker of truth
    http://www.thearma.org/Manuals/90.jpg I didn't see this one before but I think it's the best.
    I'm a big fan of that, you can put muh-fuckas down hard with it.

    I also like this kneebar attack.



    I would be interested in seeing more manuals with grappling techniques (not just disamring ones) if anyone could link me up.

    http://www.varmouries.com/wildrose/fiore/section1.html

    http://ejmas.com/jwma/articles/2000/...nput_1000.html

    Scroll down for one of my favorites. Pictures from the Modern Army Combatives manual right next to illustrations of the same techniques from Paulus hector mairs fight book.

    http://www.paulushectormair.com/CQC_PHM.htm
  9. Zendetta is offline

    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay area
    Posts
    2,681

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 1:02pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I slammed someone pretty good the other day with this one:

    I LOVE that takedown (I thought I'd made it up - never seen it elsewhere!)!!!

    Do you have a name for it?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."
  10. Cdnronin is offline

    Ghost of Kawaishi

    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Ottawa
    Posts
    757

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 1:59pm


     Style: judo, parenting

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AnnaTrocity
    I think it's cute when I go to my MMA gym and they show a takedown I already know because I learned it from ringen and I can tell my girlfriend "this is in my german wrestling stuff, too"

    Or when I learn something in class that I find sometime later in one of the historical manuals.



    The best though, is when I successfully execute a technique from ringen that I havent learned anywhere else and my girlfriend says "That looks like something from one of your books, because it's kind of funky, but it works"

    I slammed someone pretty good the other day with this one:



    and she made the comment about how it looked like something from one of my books, and I could happily tell her that it was.
    Now if you sweep out your back leg, and drop with your buddy, having your elbow in their groin when you land(place your outside elbow on their groin), you get a nice cheap shot while you're at it.
Page 1 of 5 1 2345 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.