Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 8:53pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    See he's still displaying classic signs of insecurity. My thoughts is the does _ing _un.

And remember, Its ALWAYS about being COOL!. :laughing7
    I DREAM of the day I am as cool as you, Lord Asia. TEACH ME!
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

Posted On:

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    It'll give us a good indication as to why you're sobbing like a whiny child.

:viking:
    I typed out my fighting style in this post, but then i decided to delete it, because I don't think bullshido.com have any respect for other martial artist and they will never be satisfied until someone post a video of himself winning a fight with Mike Tyson barefist with a knife.

So yeah, I don't see a point of answering your question really.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    So I see a video of some Japanese dude kicking the fucking **** out of a white kid. And you claim that as your own?

Oh oh oh~ Wait! I do that too!!!!!

Instead of talking **** of others training, and trying to claim credit for someone else's training, why don't you stand up for yourself and show us something that you can truely take credit for??

Not saying you dont train like that. But according to bullshido.com, if you can't prove it, you are bull ****!
    I say right in the same post that it's not mine. It's even in your quote.

And that's how probably 95% of all Kyokushin schools train. Like I said, if you want one, I'll bring my digital camera tomorrow and try to score some video (albeit limited, as it can only hold ~20 seconds). My sempai would be totally cool with it, and it'll show you a kumite session that we regularly do on Tuesdays.

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 8:55pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    I say right in the same post that it's not mine. It's even in your quote.

And that's how probably 95% of all Kyokushin schools train. Like I said, if you want one, I'll bring my digital camera tomorrow and try to score some video (albeit limited, as it can only hold ~20 seconds). My sempai would be totally cool with it, and it'll show you a kumite session that we regularly do on Tuesdays.
    What I was saying is, you post a video of someone else, and try to take credit for "how they train".

Yes, I can't wait for your training videos.

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 8:56pm

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So far:

One person willing to share videos in a few weeks once he can find a camera.

And one person posted a picture of a pair of gloves..........

My head just exploded from all this excitment.

Genius

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 8:56pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I typed out my fighting style in this post, but then i decided to delete it, because I
    Because you do ninjitsu or some other type of bullshit.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 8:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What I was saying is, you post a video of someone else, and try to take credit for "how they train".

.................and I can't wait to see a video of yourself.What's this infatuation with big names and knifes?

Genius

Posted On:

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My head just exploded from all this excitment.
    No it didn't. Go get the gun from your daddy's desk and put it to your head.

Registered Member

Posted On:

Style: Liu Seong Kuntao, Baguazh

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

We can't wait for yours.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 8:58pm

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bullshido argument: "Hey, thats not exactly barefist now is it?? And wearing that glove make your training MUCH more effective and injure free? How?"

Oh wait, I forgot, you are supposed to see blood in order to be effective training right??

I am still waiting for your video. Or is Bullshido.com actually THE bull **** itself?

And nice picture of a pair of gloves you found online there...........as if that tells me anything about you?
    This is exactly why you have your title, jackass.

While you can use the search function to mine any loosely moderated forum for strawman arguments to your heart's delight, Bullshido's consensus is pretty straightforward and reasonable.

In this case, that:

That you need to test yourself against live, RESISTING opponents.
    That you can vary the intensity for training purposes, but that unless you are regularly training at full intensity against capable opponents using reasonable protection and a reasonable ruleset, there is no proof that you don't suck at fighting.

Exposition: regularly (some period between daily and semimonthly) training at full intensity using the minimum protective gear necessary to avoid "inconvenience injury" that wouldn't stop a real fight (like broken fingers, knees to groin, chipped teeth -- judgement call) and the minimum ruleset necessary to allow sustainable training (and, again, mostly inconvenience injury, as techniques like hooking the mouth or fingers in the eyes have happened time and again by accident without causing fights to stop, but also to avoid the use of the few techniques that have the POSSIBILITY -- although as we know from the competitions that allow them, not a reasonable probability -- of causing serious injury).

These are not particularly controversial or disrespectful views.

However, if people who are full of bullshit take offense at them and respond in an unreasonable manner -- like SammyKing, Phil Elmore, Kim, and others -- we WILL disrespect THEM.

And when knowledgable/expert members of this forum have reason to feel that certain people are charlatans, lying to consumers and teaching them things that could get them killed, they will call THOSE people on their bullshit, possibly disrespecting them.

That's a reasonable and accurate summation of community consensus. On a loosely moderated forum, you can easily create a lot of strawman arguments that have nothing to do with the consensus, because lots of individuals have lots of different opinions.

I would ask SammyKing what he has against free speech?
    Last edited by unpossible; 1/16/2006 9:01pm at .
Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567 89101117 ... LastLast