Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 9:13pm

Style: Mizong Quan, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Two Fights of Mine from around '99

Ok, here are two fights from the Tai Chi Legacy Tournament in Dallas, TX. I am the guy in the red tanktop (I hate ripping my kung fu top). You may notice my amatuer loss of control towards the end of each match. I had a problem with wanting to escalate the more I fought. For the record, the guy in white in the second fight was from a school notorious for bloodying people up and never being called on it. My arm ends up dislocating (again) and I reflexively smack him and get DQ'd.

Anyways, until I get another permanent web host, yousendit will have to work. Enjoy and please rehost if you have the time. Now... Flame on!

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0...C3SD7XR7PP9DEN

http://s59.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1...E0MRP8M55V7BE9

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 9:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAAHAHAHA!!!

You got the TURN KNEEL!!! Command!!!Good stuff man. That brings back memories. Oh how I HATE the stop and go sparring. Still you looked good out there. Bu you need to move to a better enviorment to really test your skills.

If I get the equipment to go convet VHS to digital I need to post one of my karate matches in OK where I lost my temper (the guy was a dick) and showed him the difference between point karate and Kyokushin Knockdown karate. At one point I even booted him out the fight area and all he could respond with is, "The butt is not a legal target." Although it was never said I think the judges let the punishment go on because the guy was truly a dick. I lost the "tag" match by points but I walked away he limped.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, thanks for checking it out. You are right in that I needed to seek new environments to test my skills. I am still looking! I am thinking of visiting out a local Muay Thai instructor to check out his conditioning regimen. Here is a link: http://www.saekson.com

Also, you gotta post your vid, man... that sounds too funny to miss. "The butt is not a legal target." ROFL

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 12:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh oh. What did I do this time? How exactly does one get ModeratiOWNED? Did I break some rule?

EDIT: Ok, apparently the answer is "I became some admin's bitch", to quote Omega from another thread. Can anyone point out exactly what was done incorrectly?
    Last edited by losttrak; 1/19/2006 1:00am at .

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:21am

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What are you talking about?
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:48am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by losttrak
    Uh oh. What did I do this time? How exactly does one get ModeratiOWNED? Did I break some rule?

EDIT: Ok, apparently the answer is "I became some admin's bitch", to quote Omega from another thread. Can anyone point out exactly what was done incorrectly?
    Nothing wrong. Just the thread is best suited HERE than General BS.

ModeratiOWNED is just our way of saying the DIVINE HAND OF THE MODS has touched the thread. As long as it doesn't end up in Trollshido you're good.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 11:02am

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Fun!

Hey, Losttrak, from the san shou I've seen, Mizong people are usually very well-represented. From your perspective, is there something about your style that lends itself well to that arena, or is just part of the culture that comes along with it?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 2:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Repulsive Monkey
    Fun!

Hey, Losttrak, from the san shou I've seen, Mizong people are usually very well-represented. From your perspective, is there something about your style that lends itself well to that arena, or is just part of the culture that comes along with it?

I really cannot pose as a representative of Mizong, since I feel I am still a talent-less hack. However, our particular Mizong school chain has always placed heavy emphasis on fighting, and has trained full-contact fighters since my teacher came over from China. I would say the focus is on conditioning. For instance, most low-belts spar maybe once a week, but they heavily condition their bodies during every class. When they finally go to spar, their bodily control is so great that they usually prevail without much actual ring time. Once their skills grow into their conditioning, their performance really takes off.

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Karate, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    If I get the equipment to go convet VHS to digital I need to post one of my karate matches in OK where I lost my temper (the guy was a dick) and showed him the difference between point karate and Kyokushin Knockdown karate.
    Although it would mean putting said VHS tape into the mail, I'm perfectly willing to capture and upload anything you send my way. Just putting that out there.

GE

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 4:20pm

supporting memberBullshido Newbie
     Style: Wu Style TCC + BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by losttrak
    I really cannot pose as a representative of Mizong, since I feel I am still a talent-less hack. However, our particular Mizong school chain has always placed heavy emphasis on fighting, and has trained full-contact fighters since my teacher came over from China. I would say the focus is on conditioning. For instance, most low-belts spar maybe once a week, but they heavily condition their bodies during every class. When they finally go to spar, their bodily control is so great that they usually prevail without much actual ring time. Once their skills grow into their conditioning, their performance really takes off.
    Could you describe the type of conditioning that takes place in a little more detail?
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast