Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:00pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

From Primate Power - To Dinosaur Training.

Forget Matt Furey and his 'wanking gibbon' method of PT. Be a Dinosaur instead! (Truly beyond parody.)

http://www.brookskubik.com/dinosaur_..._training.html

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:11pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    At least post a quoted selection from there. We frown on new threads with minimal content around here.

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:14pm

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dinosaur training has been around for a few years. Brooks Kubik the man behind that plan is strong like an ox and not into the fads but pretty much into old time get strong and lift more.

Nothing wrong with that regime at all.

Not a big fan of furey. But hey its a free business world.

What are you not into, the marketing or are you some pansy who is not into HARD training to get stronger and better at something.

As that is what way too many people are into, total denial about the reality of training for anything.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 10:54pm

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Brooks Kubik the man behind that plan is strong like an ox
    shouldn't he be strong like a dinosaur?

sorry, couldn't help myself!

I think the OP is just talking about it being called 'dinosaur bodyweight training' I read that and instantly a picture of barney the dinosaur doing a workout video comes to mind. The training might be sound, i don't know, i was too busy giggling at the name to look.

KEIN HAAR APPROVED!

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 11:20pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    At least post a quoted selection from there. We frown on new threads with minimal content around here.
    I thought it would be self-explanatory. Never mind...

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:18am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I don't think he means "dinosaur training" in the way that you invoke hidden dinosaur spirits. Furey wants us to think we all have an inner ape we can bring out by exercising in a certain way.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:32am

Style: Tae Kwon Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale Dugas
    Dinosaur training has been around for a few years. Brooks Kubik the man behind that plan is strong like an ox and not into the fads but pretty much into old time get strong and lift more.

Nothing wrong with that regime at all.

Not a big fan of furey. But hey its a free business world.

What are you not into, the marketing or are you some pansy who is not into HARD training to get stronger and better at something.

As that is what way too many people are into, total denial about the reality of training for anything.
    sounds good until you look at the $197-$697 price range.

i have to agree though...it's a free country.

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:35am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Koto_Ryu trains a lot by that book, I think.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 5:37am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A SIMPLE TEST
    If you don't believe me, here's a simple test. You can do it at home.

Take two lengths of ordinary rope 1/2 of an inch thick, and tie them securely to your chinning bar, so that they hang down like miniature climbing ropes. (Note: a rope that is 1/2" thick is approximately the size of a medium sized pen or highlighter.)

Now, chalk your hands very carefully and thoroughly, and then grab onto each rope, holding one in your left hand and one in your right hand. Don't double the ropes, don't loop them, don't do anything to make it easier to hold onto them. Hold them exactly the same as if you were hanging from two regular sized climbing ropes.

IF you can hold on, and very few people can, hang motionless with your arms fully extended.

Then do a pull-up.

Can you do it?

I can.

In fact, I can hang from two 1/2 inch diameter ropes and knock off set after set of pull-ups. Brooks Kubik pullups
    Brooks Kubik doing pullups from two 1/2-inch diameter ropes.

And remember, I'm 48.

What's even more remarkable, I couldn't do thin rope pull-ups when I was a high school wrestling champion. I couldn't do them when I was winning national championships and setting National, American and world age group records in the bench press. I couldn't do them when I was tossing 300 pound barbells and 150 pound dumbbells overhead, and I couldn't do it when I was pulling 435 pounds in the one hand deadlift. But I can do it now.

I can do other things I never dreamed of doing when I was younger -- including things I've never seen anyone else do or even attempt to do.
    heh this part made me laugh, if he couldnt do it when he was a higschool wrestling champion then I can only imagine the rest of the wrestlers....

After reading it, there is really nothing too wrong with this, besides the fact of claiming it is the best thing ever invented, but what the heck maybe it is

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 6:33am

Style: None at the moment,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Being able to do body weight exercises is always an entertaining way to embarrass people who train weights just for appearance. Once again it depends what you train for, being more in control of my own bodyweight is what I want. Health For Life's "The Weightless Workout" by Jerry Robinson probably covers some of the same info fro less money. If you want to see some really impressive old style training pics check out "Remembering Muscle Beach" by Harold Zinkin.

I just went and tried that rope thing in the garage with a 1/2" diameter rope, I didn't bother with the chalk, but I couldn't do it...damn. I might work on it, I could do with getting tendonitus again.
    Last edited by Chance; 1/19/2006 6:51am at . Reason: Rarrgh Sh*t Failed
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast