223962 Bullies, 4163 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Royce Gracie

14 28.00%
  • Matt Hughes

36 72.00%
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast

Porcupine/Hollywood, FL & Parmistan via Elbonia

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 4:15pm

supporting member
     Style: creonte on hiatus

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Some of you talk as if Hughes has no technique and all his wins have been my sheer muscle alone. And I'm inclined to disagree on that one. I really don't care who wins, as long as it's a good fight .ie. they pummel each other non-stop for the whole fight or one gets unexpectedly and unceremoniously face humped on the first 120 seconds of the first round.

I think Hughes will win... but then again, I though he was going to win against BJ Penn, and see what happened. So who knows in this Hughes vs. Royce... you never know wtf with these Brazilians...
    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 4:19pm

Business Class Supporting Memberstaff
     Guy Who Pays the Bills and Gets the Death Threats Style: MMA (Retired)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I honestly do not see how Royce could win this.

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 4:29pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: Grappling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hughes by TKO strikes 2nd.
    Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

Light Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 5:38pm

supporting member
     Style: Short Fist Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In all likelihood, Hughes is too fast and too strong for an older Royce.
    However, never rule out a Gracie...
    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 6:09pm

Style: Freestyle

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I'm not sure whether to root for my hero, or see you flush you stick your head in the potty and pull the magice silver lever!

Decisions, decisions...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 6:24pm

Style: Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My prediction: Matt will beat the hell out of Royce for the first period and a half. Matt will be grounding and pounding Royce, and then, out of nowhere, Royce will slip in a perfect armbar and Matt will tap for the submission. That's what vale tudo is all about. That's what the Gracie family started the UFC for in the first place. To show that the underdog can win with top shelf grappling skills in a fight. Matt of course is a top shelf wrestler himself, and the Miltech camp preaches and works hard at well rounded fighting. But, um, this is Royce Gracie. Gracie wins in a 2nd period submission.

And as much as this is an interesting fight, Hughes should be defending his title from St Pierre or Penn or any of the other stacked Welterweight fighters.

I think Dana White is going for too much gimmick and my god, Joe Rogan, not everything is the most awesomest thing in the world. He did more to exhaust the vocabulary of superlative in the first few minutes of Ultimate Fight Night last night than NFL films has in the last 20 years. And, yeah, I get it, people should watch Spike TV and anyone who gets hit is "RAWKED!!!"

So in review, Royce is still the man, more fight and less White, and if Joe Rogan doesn't shut the **** up, I'm sticking Chuck Norris on him.

UAAAH!

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 6:32pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is almost as good as Baroni vs. Abbott.
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 6:34pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My prediction: Royce pulls guard.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Genius

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 7:06pm

supporting member
     Style: Kru-MuayThai,GJJ-Blue

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    With the time limit and "stalling" rules of the UFC, I think Matt might have the advantage for a judgement decision. If it was original UFC rules, I'd have no doubt that Gracie would win.

Featherweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 7:14pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: BJJ (torn MCL)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i think its going to be a repeat of royce's sakuraba fight.... deja vu
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234 567814 ... LastLast