230778 Bullies, 5589 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

View Poll Results: Who do you think will win?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Royce Gracie

14 28.00%
  • Matt Hughes

36 72.00%
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 10:54am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i Think it is because most of the MMA fighters learn just enough of each kind of skill ie striking, groundwork, submissions, etc... to stay in the game... one example would be chuck lidell great fighter(striker) learns enough about takedowns to avoid them and bring his striking skills to bear... good strategy!... but if he is faced by a technically superior takedown arrtist, and can't avoid being taken down, then he needs to learn more, like counter to takedown and throws... the game is definately evolving and the bigger your stack of chips/skills the better, but i think(hope) Royce will bring a very big stack of sophisticated take downs and submissions to his match with Hughes... this will lead to the further evolution of the sport... look at the evolution of any sport... do you remember the Tarheels Basketball teams 4 corners back in the 70's?... but times and strategies change...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 11:35am

Style: BJJ, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Chuck Liddell has a pretty strong wrestling background, and he's got a great sprawl. According to his bio he's also got BJJ purple belt.
    Just because he's a striker doesn't mean he couldn't wrap you up and stretch you out, aikidoman.
    Last edited by Mjelva; 1/28/2006 11:38am at .

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 11:55am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Aikizen...can you pull off an omoplata on a skilled fighter? If the answer is no, then kindly shut up until you can, because you really have no idea what you're talking about, and I don't really have the patience to explain it to you any better than that right now.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 7:32pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    very true mjevla... i was just using Chuck as an example of how strategies change... he keeps the grounder up and in his striking game... which is very strong... he would never wrap me up and stretch me out... he would just knock the crap outta me...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 7:39pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    why yes i can ICY, but we were talking about the Hughes/Gracie fight and how the UFC strategies have/are changing and evolving, not about my training... why must you be rude...
    rudeness is the weak mans imitation of strength... if you have something to add to the discussion please do... if you just want to flame me sorry i don't burn...

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/28/2006 11:47pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What you're saying is just silly. It's harder to get more complex submissions. Why risk more, to gain the same reward?

Oh, and BTW, what fighter have you omoplataed?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 2:42am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    unexpected, more subtle and yes to use YOUR word complex submissions/tactics/strategies are the hallmark of a great warrior... they often win the day...
    again we were not talking about my training history, but probably no one you would know... is that helpful?

Da Komrads... Again you are MadPelvisOwn3d!

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 3:06am

supporting member
     Style: Spetsnaz Shovel-Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Simple and effective techniques win the day in MMA where your opponent is skilled, in shape and more importantly punches are flying and sweaty bodies are slippery. Hard to pull a fancy move when you can't keep a hold of your opponent and it leaves you open for fist, foot, elbow and knee.

:XXmonkey: :5yeah:
    :icon_twis

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence;
    Supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without spilling your Guinness.
    Sun "Fu Man JhooJits" Tzu, the Art of War & Guinness

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 3:23am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the word I used was sophisticated... the words you guys are using are complicated and complex and fancy... i meant that as something the opponent was unfamiliar with or did not know how to defend against... sadly most MMA fighters have a very limited selection of submissions... and thus opponents have a pretty good idea what to prepare for... my point IS that i feel the next step in MMA evolution will be more SOPHISTICATED submissions, and a swing back towards the grappling end of the spectrum

nuthin' ta f*ck with

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 4:05am

supporting member
     Style: MT/SUB GRAPPLING

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Royce will somehow attach himself to one of Hughes' appendages and will proceed to spread to his back like some sentient flesh-eating bacteria. From there, Royce will anaconda himself somehow around Hughes' neck and head area. Hughes will then try to use the surrounding ambiance to scrape the unwanted parasite from his back. It is at this point that he will lose blood flow to the brain and topple to the mat rendering both of them unconscious.

They will then be life-flown out to be surgically separated and pronounced man and wife.

This option was somehow curiously absent from the poll which was probably created by some fagcist grapplemonkey.
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 12131415 ... LastLast