Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 4:57pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's what happens when you attempt a 100 man Kumite with head shots allowed. You end up as brain damaged as Bob Saget.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 5:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    those weren't full-contact fights.
    You've seen and participated in full-contact fights???

I saw two guys, hands at waist, kicking at each other. Then when one guy falls due to kick to head, due to hands being at waist, the other guy fakes a punch to torso.... without contact
    Since the fighters don't have to worry at all about punches to face then.....yes. After 2 minute or fighting and with extensions rounds any persons guards tend to drop a bit. For some fighters their guards tend to drop a lot from exhaustion and fatigue in a fight. But you should know that right.

thus, not full-contact, imo
    Do you have any idea how many times this topic of conversation comes up on Bullshido and any forum ou there.Get a clue.

I hope they don't teach you to fight like that. That's just for this tournament, right?
    The rule-set for Kyokushin is to not strile to the face with head-punches.It's verboden.But look at this thread.This time Kempo guys One Russian Vs. Roumanian fighting full-contact and what do you know they aren't hitting each others faces.So what does that tell you kid?

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...904#post851904

Oh, I also noticed all the wholly undefended leg kicks, is that because if you blocked with your shin, it would really hurt after 100 fights? Good logic, and great technique there.
    You mean when the fighter Matsui attacked with his powerfull legs at all his opponents then after they just cruppled on the mat from the excruciating pain they must have been were suffering.Since you know what that's like because you fight Full-contact all the time.

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 7:21pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Saget
    settle down, francis

those weren't full-contact fights. I saw two guys, hands at waist, kicking at each other. Then when one guy falls due to kick to head, due to hands being at waist, the other guy fakes a punch to torso.... without contact

thus, not full-contact, imo

I hope they don't teach you to fight like that. That's just for this tournament, right? Oh, I also noticed all the wholly undefended leg kicks, is that because if you blocked with your shin, it would really hurt after 100 fights? Good logic, and great technique there.
    The chambered punch is for point value only, nothing more. And if you question the efficiency of Kyokushin fighters, here's a Kyokushin fighter that's done very well against Muay Thai fighters and the like in K-1:

http://www.k-1usa.net/docs/fighters/...sp?fighterID=5

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 7:24pm

Style: Sub Wrestling, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckyokushin
    You've seen and participated in full-contact fights???
    what difference would it make?

Since the fighters don't have to worry at all about punches to face then.....yes. After 2 minute or fighting and with extensions rounds any persons guards tend to drop a bit. For some fighters their guards tend to drop a lot from exhaustion and fatigue in a fight. But you should know that right.
    I absolutely do know that. Sometimes, after a few rounds, it's the hardest thing in the world to keep your hands up.I also know the consequence of putting your hands down. That's why in MT and boxing, it's drilled till it becomes second nature.

and those "fights" looked like they lasted about 30 seconds each.... unless they were edited for length

Do you have any idea how many times this topic of conversation comes up on Bullshido and any forum ou there.Get a clue.
    no, not at all. I appologize if the subject has been beaten into the groun. But why do you think that is?

I'm of the opinion that if your fighting system is subject to constant criticism, them there's a reason.

The rule-set for Kyokushin is to not strile to the face with head-punches.It's verboden.But look at this thread.This time Kempo guys One Russian Vs. Roumanian fighting full-contact and what do you know they aren't hitting each others faces.So what does that tell you kid?
    it tells me that kyokushin is a flawed system. I see kung fu get smashed daily on this board, and for good reason, but you guys are creaming your pants over a martial art that doesn't allow face punching? How about a little consistency?

You mean when the fighter Matsui attacked with his powerfull legs at all his opponents then after they just cruppled on the mat from the excruciating pain they must have been were suffering.Since you know what that's like because you fight Full-contact all the time.
    I practice Muay Thai. I know what the effects of legs kicks are after you eat a few, yes. I try to get ring time in once a week. Sometimes every other, unfortunetely.

Is this Kumite open to other styles? Does anyone have footage of other styles competing in it? I also appreciate you answering my questions about it... I honestly have never seen it before

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 7:27pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    The chambered punch is for point value only, nothing more. And if you question the efficiency of Kyokushin fighters, here's a Kyokushin fighter that's done very well against Muay Thai fighters and the like in K-1:

right on. He was one of the greats.

so is it safe to say that in that tournament, it was something like "full-contact point sparring?"

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 7:33pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    right on. He was one of the greats.

so is it safe to say that in that tournament, it was something like "full-contact point sparring?"
    It's knockdown fighting, so each knockdown gives you so much of a point, whereas a full point comes around only via KO. It's not the tapping until someone hits then flag it, it's pound the **** out of the other guy until he drops.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 7:39pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu

well, he DID train in boxing and muay thai aswell =P
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 8:12pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    what difference would it make?
    So the answer may be no?

I absolutely do know that. Sometimes, after a few rounds, it's the hardest thing in the world to keep your hands up.I also know the consequence of putting your hands down. That's why in MT and boxing, it's drilled till it becomes second nature.
    Then that's MT and Boxing.Rules state In kyokushin that there are no head punches alowed.There have been special bouts in kyokushin karate tournaments where the rules were changed to alow the fighters to punch to the head.After they agreed to put on gloves.But this is generally rare since everyone wants to follow the traditional rules made by Sosai Oyama.The man who founded Kyokushin Karate.

and those "fights" looked like they lasted about 30 seconds each.... unless they were edited for length
    Yes.Yes they did.

no, not at all. I appologize if the subject has been beaten into the groun. But why do you think that is?
    Because noobs like you who have no idea about anything and generally think they're bad asses after a 1year of mT or wing-chun start joining forums and spout nonsense.Ask your instructor if you can have a bout with no gloves.I'll bet he'll give you one of those "Oh man what an ididot this guy is" face when you ask him that.

I'm of the opinion that if your fighting system is subject to constant criticism, them there's a reason.
    People who have never had training in a system that teaches bareknuckle sparring tend to look at Kyokushin as having fallings because of the one fact it dissalows punchingin competition only.Eventhough it's for the benefit of both fighters to not strike the opponents head.Granted you may not break your knuckles right on the first puch.But if a fights last long enough with no eventual winner.What contition do you think both your hands will be in?

it tells me that kyokushin is a flawed system. I see kung fu get smashed daily on this board, and for good reason, but you guys are creaming your pants over a martial art that doesn't allow face punching? How about a little consistency?
    Since you are new and you may actually be trying to understand.Kung-fu does not "smashed" on this board for the sole reason of being Kung-fu.Shut-up and take the time.Type CMA in the search function and you will learn alot of the reasons why most CMS' get rimmed on this site.It's generally the unrealistic fighting techniques that are thought in CMA schools.Other times it's because sparring is not thaught off as the most important part of training.

You boxe and do MT?How much time do you spend sparring and learning fighting techniques ?And how much time do you put into Katas?Then you'll learn what i mean.If your instruction empcompasse wax in and wax off.Then you have a problem.This comment of mine's might seem funny to you but you would be surprised how many CMA's Karate school teach only the theory of fighting and almost never put into practice what is thaught.I hope you understand what Theory and Practice means when I'm speaking of fighting?

I practice Muay Thai. I know what the effects of legs kicks are after you eat a few, yes. I try to get ring time in once a week. Sometimes every other, unfortunetely.
    The Japanese fighter in the vid.His name is Matsui.He understood the importance of attacking an opponent in the legs.His opponents didn't.

Is this Kumite open to other styles? Does anyone have footage of other styles competing in it? I also appreciate you answering my questions about it... I honestly have never seen it before
    I recommend you go to the gallery and check the 'Style vs. Style' section.You will learn .

You can continue to post on this.But if you continue to ask the same questions over and over with me.I will stop to rspond to them.If you think that makes you a winner in this argument.Then so be it.Your responsible for your learning not me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 8:42pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Then that's MT and Boxing.Rules state In kyokushin that there are no head punches alowed.There have been special bouts in kyokushin karate tournaments where the rules were changed to alow the fighters to punch to the head.After they agreed to put on gloves.But this is generally rare since everyone wants to follow the traditional rules made by Sosai Oyama.The man who founded Kyokushin Karate.
    understood

Because noobs like you who have no idea about anything and generally think they're bad asses after a 1year of mT or wing-chun start joining forums and spout nonsense.Ask your instructor if you can have a bout with no gloves.I'll bet he'll give you one of those "Oh man what an ididot this guy is" face when you ask him that.
    I've been practicing non-competitive boxing and MT since I was 17, I'm 26 now. And I don't think that I'm a bad ass, but I do know the difference between full-contact fighting, and whatever that was.

People who have never had training in a system that teaches bareknuckle sparring tend to look at Kyokushin as having fallings because of the one fact it dissalows punchingin competition only.Eventhough it's for the benefit of both fighters to not strike the opponents head.Granted you may not break your knuckles right on the first puch.But if a fights last long enough with no eventual winner.What contition do you think both your hands will be in?
    Makes sense. But why call it full contact then? You know it's gonna get called out

Since you are new and you may actually be trying to understand.Kung-fu does not "smashed" on this board for the sole reason of being Kung-fu.Shut-up and take the time.Type CMA in the search function and you will learn alot of the reasons why most CMS' get rimmed on this site.It's generally the unrealistic fighting techniques that are thought in CMA schools.Other times it's because sparring is not thaught off as the most important part of training.
    I witnessed kung fu being criticised for being dangerous and ineffective in the real world. Kinda like fighting with your hands at you waist, and completely ignoring one of the most important targets in striking. Due to the misleading label of that tournament, you have to understand why I took issue with it.

You boxe and do MT?How much time do you spend sparring and learning fighting techniques ?And how much time do you put into Katas?Then you'll learn what i mean.If your instruction empcompasse wax in and wax off.Then you have a problem.This comment of mine's might seem funny to you but you would be surprised how many CMA's Karate school teach only the theory of fighting and almost never put into practice what is thaught.I hope you understand what Theory and Practice means when I'm speaking of fighting?
    that's great. I hope you're not being trained to not strike the face all the time.

The Japanese fighter in the vid.His name is Matsui.He understood the importance of attacking an opponent in the legs.His opponents didn't.
    hopefully they've caught on since then

I recommend you go to the gallery and check the 'Style vs. Style' section.You will learn .
    I'll do that, thanks

You can continue to post on this.But if you continue to ask the same questions over and over with me.I will stop to rspond to them.If you think that makes you a winner in this argument.Then so be it.Your responsible for your learning not me.
    I'm not trying to win anything. I was just trying to understand the rationale behind calling what I saw 'full-contact fighting'. Cheers.

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 8:50pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Didn't Matsui make leg kicks a lot more popular in Kyokushin after he started proving how effective they were? I think he was the pioneer for them, if not then somebody before him I guess.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 56 LastLast