Posting Champion

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 10:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Mantis
    Well, he was the boss right? So I figure he thought it just wasn't something a 4th Dan had to be able to do. Is the test part of a higher belt test now?

I mean, I doubt he was dumb. :disgust:

ok, how bout this...

"It would be my humble opinion that this reason for no longer requiring the 100 man kumite for 4th dan is not very good. I believe that the 4th dan rankings should be unachievable for most people, but then again, who am I to question his lordship?"
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 10:32pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    that's dumb. Not everyone should be able to make 4th dan
    FYI.The 4th Dan passage was droped down from 100 to the present 30 fights.I guess the whole point is to make it harder for people to not walk around calling themselves Senior-Grand-Master's like in a certain american karate style that does not need to be mentioned.

However, I understand that an aussie school demands 30 fights to pass for just 1st Dan.I can only imagine what they ask for 2 Dan.

I just realised something.Why is this in Bullshido?

Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:16pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I dunno why it's in Bullshido. All I've gotta say is Francisco Filho used to do 50-man kumites every Friday. Badass.

Baji demigod.

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 3:04am

Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I said right off it was there because I didn't know where to put it. Now it's in "trollshido lite" of all places. Nobody's even arguing. Whatever. This place has too many subforums IMO. I guess General BS might make sense.

It's just a cool clip and I wanted to share it.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 6:42am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    I'd really like to enter a kumite some time, ...
    You had better wait until after ... after you enter puberty ...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/21/2006 7:30am

Style: Koei-Kan, Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Damn! I love that video. I thought I felt pretty good after my shodan and nidan tests. I can't imagine wht that must have been like. To see that sign at the end that has 100 on it and he is just friggin' whipped and taking a pretty good beating at that point. DAMN!

BTW, thanks for transferring that Omar.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 6:33am

Style: Sub Wrestling, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    are they not allowed to hit in the face? Is that why they're standing inches from each other with their hands down?

if they did, it'd probably teach them some defense, and they wouldn't get caught with the twirling heel kicks. Just saying is all...

Lightweight

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 8:05am

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin, other stuff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Bob Saget - you're a ******. If we wanted to do 100 full contact fights with hitting to the face we woudl ahve to wear big pansy powder puff gloves now wouldn't we? Or we would all ahve broken hands. Go fight a few people on the street and see hwo well your ahnds do after hitting a few heads WITHOUT gloves on - you'll quickly realise why bareknuckle boxers worked the body not the head. Same sort of retarded logic on your part that could ahve me saying "Do they have to fight wearing gloves? Is that why they don't punch the body?" about MT, or "Do they not kick, is that why their weight distribution is fucked for leg defense" about boxing. Its a ruleset moron.

Kidspatula - it was removed fromt eh 4th dan test becasue it would simply eliminate 4th dans. Out of several MILLION members there have been very few who have managed the 100 man kumite. Last I looked something like 14? The 50 man kumite is still 75 minutes constant fighting unless you KO people quickly. And even that hasn't been accomplished by many. Filho is a machine - and the only guy never to lose a fight in the 100 man kumite.

Kyokushin tournaments are usually open - enter one - they'd love to have you along. Bear in mind its a hell of a lot harder on the body in terms of the damage you'll take than MMA or MT due to the number of fights usually involved and the lack of gloves/padding of any sort.

FYI until recently it was 40 fights for shodan in NZ. Then back to 20 for nidan and up at each level again. Its now down to 20 fights for shodan since Matsui is insisting on more consistency in the style. Bearing in mind thats 20 full contact fights at the end of a 4-6 hour grading.....
    Sociopaths are people too.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 9:14am

Style: Sub Wrestling, MT, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    settle down, francis

those weren't full-contact fights. I saw two guys, hands at waist, kicking at each other. Then when one guy falls due to kick to head, due to hands being at waist, the other guy fakes a punch to torso.... without contact

thus, not full-contact, imo

I hope they don't teach you to fight like that. That's just for this tournament, right? Oh, I also noticed all the wholly undefended leg kicks, is that because if you blocked with your shin, it would really hurt after 100 fights? Good logic, and great technique there.
    Last edited by Bob Saget; 1/22/2006 9:39am at .

STOP POSTING!

Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience Points

Posted On:
    1/22/2006 12:20pm

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    holy **** you are an idiot.
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123 456 LastLast