222364 Bullies, 4384 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 11 to 20 of 57
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. VikingPower is offline
    VikingPower's Avatar

    Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,993

    Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:45am

    supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    One guy basically fights 100 guys one at a time.
  2. Omar is offline

    Baji demigod.

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Xi'an, P.R.C.
    Posts
    4,249

    Posted On:
    1/17/2006 2:20am

    Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...and the clip is in fact Matsui. At a couple points you can see the cards in the background showing how many fights so far. I think about half way through I saw "58" on flip cards. The beggining of the clip is just some Kyokshin highlights but after that it's all Matsui and his 100 man Kumite...AFAIK. You can see how tired he is in the last one.

    That fucker rocks.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

    Bah!!! Puny Humans.


  3. supercuto is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    85

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 9:10pm


     

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    What is the point of this?
  4. Omar is offline

    Baji demigod.

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Xi'an, P.R.C.
    Posts
    4,249

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 10:32pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Black belt test for old school Kyokshin.

    And Koto Ryo was exaggerating. Not 100 guys at once, 100 guys back to back and last I checked it was over 2 days so basically you fight 50 guys in a row with no break. You have to knock them all down or out of the ring or something. I don't know exactly but beat them according to the ruleset. Then you crawl home and go to bed knowing tommorow you have to do it again. Oh yeah, and all 100 guys have to be Kyokshin black belts.

    What was the point? Did you watch the clip? It kicks ass.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

    Bah!!! Puny Humans.


  5. VikingPower is offline
    VikingPower's Avatar

    Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,993

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:00pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Omar
    Black belt test for old school Kyokshin.

    And Koto Ryo was exaggerating. Not 100 guys at once, 100 guys back to back and last I checked it was over 2 days so basically you fight 50 guys in a row with no break. You have to knock them all down or out of the ring or something. I don't know exactly but beat them according to the ruleset. Then you crawl home and go to bed knowing tommorow you have to do it again. Oh yeah, and all 100 guys have to be Kyokshin black belts.

    What was the point? Did you watch the clip? It kicks ass.
    It was over 2 days until 1967, now it's all in one day. It was a test for 4th degree for a short time, but Sosai Oyama realized not everybody would be able to do it so he made it optional.
  6. ojgsxr6 is offline

    Dorkus Malorkus

    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    3,008

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:02pm

    supporting member
     Style: Boxing/BJJudo/Crossfit

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Omar, according to a site I read the 100 man Kumite was manditory for the 4th Dan, but not any longer. Also I believe it does have to be done all in one day. It actually says this in the link that Koto provided.
  7. VikingPower is offline
    VikingPower's Avatar

    Yes Koto got his name changed, quit asking...

    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4,993

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:03pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kyokushin Karate

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    Omar, according to a site I read the 100 man Kumite was manditory for the 4th Dan, but not any longer. Also I believe it does have to be done all in one day. It actually says this in the link that Koto provided.
    I had just beat ya to it :spanky:

    :copdance:
  8. Omar is offline

    Baji demigod.

    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Xi'an, P.R.C.
    Posts
    4,249

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:12pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Chinese Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    It was over 2 days until 1967, now it's all in one day. It was a test for 4th degree for a short time, but Sosai Oyama realized not everybody would be able to do it so he made it optional.
    Thanks for the corrections.

    I knew it was somthing like that but couldn't remember the details.

    Not my area of expertese.
    Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

    Bah!!! Puny Humans.


  9. Torakaka is offline
    Torakaka's Avatar

    Do you eat breakfast?

    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kaka village
    Posts
    10,658

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:17pm

    supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Koto_Ryu
    It was over 2 days until 1967, now it's all in one day. It was a test for 4th degree for a short time, but Sosai Oyama realized not everybody would be able to do it so he made it optional.

    that's dumb. Not everyone should be able to make 4th dan
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm
  10. Mr. Mantis is offline
    Mr. Mantis's Avatar

    One Ambulance, Eleven Cops...

    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    under the sink
    Posts
    6,333

    Posted On:
    1/20/2006 11:22pm

    Join us... or die
     Style: Kung Fu

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kidspatula
    that's dumb. Not everyone should be able to make 4th dan
    Well, he was the boss right? So I figure he thought it just wasn't something a 4th Dan had to be able to do. Is the test part of a higher belt test now?

    I mean, I doubt he was dumb. :disgust:
    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.