Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Perpetually Punchdrunk

Posted On:
    1/31/2006 10:59pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    .....I predict a long discussion/thread-derailment about lounge chair martial artists.

My problems with Tweek's post:

-Reading is good. Everyone should read. BUT:
    -Martial arts books are crap. You shouldn't have to read them, but you shouldn't need to watch instructional videos either. You've just taken a lazy-ass way of learning martial arts and made it into an even lazier version where you don't even need to turn pages.

Videos<Books<ACTUAL INSTRUCTION.
    Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all **** like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
    I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
    what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 3:51am

Style: HSR, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by lifetime
    .....I predict a long discussion/thread-derailment about lounge chair martial artists.

My problems with Tweek's post:

-Reading is good. Everyone should read. BUT:
    -Martial arts books are crap. You shouldn't have to read them, but you shouldn't need to watch instructional videos either. You've just taken a lazy-ass way of learning martial arts and made it into an even lazier version where you don't even need to turn pages.

Videos<Books<ACTUAL INSTRUCTION.
    QFT. Hearken unto live teachers, not videos.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12