Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 6:36pm

Style: Rehab

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ojgsxr6
    You say you've been training in Muay Thai for a while, but you don't know the rules?

yes and no

i have had technique training for quite a while, kicks, elbows, knees etc etc, strategy, blocks, defence, all that stuff.
    I just wasnt sure what the rules were in competition, as relevant for a 16 year old.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 6:38pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Yes you can sweep your opponent, but it won't be counted as a knockdown. You would never fight someone with 30 fights, and if you did you really got fucked over.

You are an amateur fighter, and people with 30+ fights do not tune up to someone who is 0-0. So don't listen to Kidspatula, because she is a moron.

You will be classed with someone with the same experience as you, and how it is in Texas after the age of 25 you have to be an open fighter. Open fighters are people with more than I think 9 fights.

So you will be fighting people most likely under 25, and with less than 9 fights. Most likely someone with only 1 or 2 fights.

You will be fine.
    Can i move in and just perform a double leg sweep takedown in the ring, or does it have to be after catching a kick?

P.S: your advice is greatly appreciated

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:00pm

Style: BJJ, Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Here's a useful link. I believe this covers your part of the world.

http://www.oceaniamuaythai.com/rules...ions.htm#rules

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:10pm

Join us... or die
     Style: 柔道

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Jez,

Asking your coach/instructor about the competition rules of the style he's teaching you usually works.

Do you eat breakfast?

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kitty Pow Pow!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Carbon
    Yes you can sweep your opponent, but it won't be counted as a knockdown. You would never fight someone with 30 fights, and if you did you really got fucked over.

You are an amateur fighter, and people with 30+ fights do not tune up to someone who is 0-0. So don't listen to Kidspatula, because she is a moron.

You will be classed with someone with the same experience as you, and how it is in Texas after the age of 25 you have to be an open fighter. Open fighters are people with more than I think 9 fights.

So you will be fighting people most likely under 25, and with less than 9 fights. Most likely someone with only 1 or 2 fights.

You will be fine.

please listen to Carbon because he is not a moron. Oh wait, that's completely untrue. My first fight was to be against someone with quite a few fights under her belt. My friend, Lana, had 7 fights under her belt and was put up against Christi Martin ( record 46-2 ) as a warm up fight. This **** happens.

Carbon is a jackass who thinks he knows **** because he's watched ESPN2. I doubt if he even trains.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 12:37am

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Even if a crescent kick across the face is legal... it'd be stupid to try it.

Village Idiot

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:01pm

Style: Brazilian Jiu Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So your friend with 7 fights accepted a fight with someone who si 46-2, wow and this is why when you describe all your friends and their abilities it always ends with the word ****.

You are a shitty fighter, and so are your friends. Your manager and coaches and whoever else is involved with these "friends" are fucking morons. Why would you accept a fight with someone who is 46-2? Better yet are you talking about amateur's or pro's?

Either way, you are a moron, and so are your friends.

Do I train? Yes I do, but does it really concern you? No. Do I play on making a career of fighting? No. I am going to school and I have no reason to try and making fine my main source of income. I like working out and I like training, and I am pretty sure that I would be a better coach/manager than the morons residing in your state.
    I'll make one when I can find one I like.

Heavyweight

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:07pm

supporting member
     Style: Kyokushinkai / Kajukenbo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Carbn the Coach, "You shitty moron,

Student, "What?"

Carbon the Coach, "You are a moron."

Student, "What?"

Carbon the Coach, "You suck."

Student, "What?"
    "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 5:28pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Bits and pieces

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    To put this thread back on track somewhat, is it better to start competing at a young (16-17 years old) age?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 6:13pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by odacon
    To put this thread back on track somewhat, is it better to start competing at a young (16-17 years old) age?
    well all my trainers tell me to get in as young as possible. i train with 18-25 year olds, so i guess this is kind of the next step.

i figure, why get over the hurdle of just getting in there and getting some experience at 21 when you can do it at 16?

well i guess well just see what happens.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12 3456 LastLast