Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 7:28pm

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wong's DNA needs to be frozen in a time capsule, in case future generations need to recreate him.
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 2:40am

Style: MMA, JKD philosophy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I practice palm strikes all the time. I broke my knuckles over and over so many times doing Iron Fist crap that I had to have a palm strike substitute for every punch. It's a good idea in case you break a knuckle on a guy's head in the cage or street. A palm hook shouldn't be slappy, though, it should DRIVE through with the heel of the palm. Punches feel faster, and feel like they do more damage because they use the hard bumps of the knuckles. With a good palm you don't worry about breaking your knuckles, so you can put more power into it. It feels more like driving force than snappy like a punch, though. Less speed, more torque. I also like that if you're slapping away punches and trapping, it's just a little quicker to hit immeadiately off that with a palm, instead of wasting a split second closing your hand to make a fist to punch.

When I trap I usually throw a vertical fist over the top circularly like a chain punch. I hate doing that, the vertical fist is just asking to get yo wrist broke and the circular punch has no power. It just seems like it works that way right after trapping. I've been practicing trapping the air shadowboxing, then throwing a straight Boxing one-two vertical fist jab then vertical fist cross into the bag. ( I suppose I could just keep throwing them over an over, but I like to switch levels with followup shovel hooks and stuff.) In sparring, I still do the crappy circular chain punch, though. I don't like hitting a bag that way, 'cause it has no power, and against a hard target, you'll sprain your wrist. I've had to use it in real life, but I just flashed my punches an inch in front of the dude's face and backed him into a corner. He got intimidated, even though he was bigger than me, but that was some dicey stuff.
  3. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:58am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cullion
    Wong's DNA needs to be frozen in a time capsule, in case future generations need to recreate him.
    I heard that he keeps a large container filled with his "DNA" in his own freezer at home.
    I'm not sure why or how long it took to fill...and it is kind of strange...but that's what I heard.

Safe For Work

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 7:52pm

supporting member
     Style: Shaolin Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by KhorneliusPraxx
    I heard that he keeps a large container filled with his "DNA" in his own freezer at home.
    I'm not sure why or how long it took to fill...and it is kind of strange...but that's what I heard.
    It's only 32oz, so it took me about a day and a half.

There's no real need to go out of your way to recreate me, since I have a twin brother, and my kids are already acting weird like me, and showing some serious promise with their drawing skills. I'll be sure to guide them properly and give them the knowledge I didn't have when I grew up (like how to draw faces properly before they reach High School).
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:11pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar Wong
    There's no real need to go out of your way to recreate me, since I have a twin brother...
    Two Wongs don't make the write.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234