Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 2:58pm

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Bullshido Video Goldmine

Okay people I just found this video site after scoping out the club for a week. They have a running video series thats loaded with X-treme martial arts, crappy acting, and Ninjas!!!

I give you the NX Files!!!

http://www.nxfiles.com/episode.htm

霍氏八极拳徒弟

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:28pm

Style: CMA,Muay Thai ,Yudo,TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I watched the first "episode".

The most important thing I learned was, don't watch any of the other episodes.

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:36pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The videos are silly entertainment and I don't think they are intended for anything else, but if you check out the club the train, practice and compete in grappling and kick boxing and look like a very decent school.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 6:55pm

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoJu - Joe
    The videos are silly entertainment and I don't think they are intended for anything else, but if you check out the club the train, practice and compete in grappling and kick boxing and look like a very decent school.
    I must admit, I'm curious why after an introductory week to check a school out, especially one that Jaric was looking to knock before he knew anything about them, the only thing he can present is a series of videos which are obviously for entertainment only.

How about a review of the classes, how were the MMA classes, where you able to easily school everybody there ? You know, how WAS the SCHOOL?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:43am

Style: Maybe Kyokushin soon...

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hmmm how about its much more entertaining to poke fun at the movies? Okay here is my revie of the school:

Frist off the kickboxing was quite a good cardio workout. Good pace in the class and good music kept it moving and interesting. After that though the class had some problems. First off they are training people for cardio, not for fights. No one in that class looked even mildly competent to fight in a ring at any point. No contact drills and no in class sparring also shows this is not a fighting school. Also I needed help with most boxing punches and kickboxing kicks, but no one showed me how to throw a proper one. Beginners to boxing need to be shown how to box, ot just left to learn on their own. So im gonna say that this was a great Tae-Bo class.

They teach a variant of Can Ryu Jiu Jitsu at the club also. Since I have had my fill of Can Ryu, I opted out not to do it. From what I saw it was the same **** in a different package. Nothing new or interesting. Hell their BJJ teacher said that Can Ryu was garbage and was wrongly taught Judo. Ill take his opinion as professional advice.

They teach BJJ twice a week at the club. The teacher is a blue belt from Ronin MMA club in the west end. Good teacher and a well taught class. I just didnt like the multi coloured Gi's, and you could tell who wanted to roll seriously because they all bought canvas judo Gi tops. My elbow joints still hurt from the weeks classes...

Finally they taught a MMA class three days a week. This was essentially BJJ without Gi's. They did teach ground n pound but not when I was there.
    Again it was taught by the BJJ blue belt. Good class and great cardio. Small group though.

Okay well I thought the club was okay. A little too Mcdojoish for me (multi coloured Gi's, belts in kickboxing...black belt classes, and each fuckin stripe on every colour belt was black for some reason). If they taught BJJ 4 days a week I would consider going. But they dont and their kickboxing/JJJ sucked.

They charge 88$ per month and that does not get you BJJ classes or MMA classes. That would be around 60 more. That is a crazy amount of money for a young school with new teachers that dont teach well.

My verdict of the school: Dont go to it