Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:56am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: tae kwon do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

How can I get my refund from West-wind Berkeley?

hey guys,

i wish i had seen this forum before enrolling at west-wind, but oh well. i signed up for a 16-week trial program for $1600 in october. After two weeks of training I requested a refund and de-enrolled from the school. till this day they have been giving the weirdest run-around why they can't pay my refund. at first they said wait till november, then till january when i'll get it "for sure." now apparently there are 12 people ahead of me to get a refund and they are using all their resources to pay their rent. it's all a bunch of lies, and a ****-poor organization. It seems like I might have to take a legal route sometime soon...

can anyone offer me advice to get my money back?

thanks

Nothing for Show, All for use

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:06am

supporting member
     Style: Jook Lum South Mantis,

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Take them to small claims court. Did you read the contract before you signed it? You might be out of money if you did not use certified mail to send them your requests as well as document sending them those particular documents.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 9:44am

Style: Kyokushin

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    take them to court - check to see if one of the local news channels has an "on your side" program and get them involved... I seem to remember it being channel 5 for some odd reason in the bay area but its been almost 7 years since the last time I lived there so I'm probably way way off...

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:52am

Style: Silat, New to Hsing- Yi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    channel 7 on youur side actually
    "Its not important to be strong, its just important not to be weak."

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:54am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This is why LONG term contracts are not a good idea, for the consumer that is. Hell I bitch about cell contracts and now my ISP wants a one year commitment. You don't know how well the service will be and they want you to commit to for a long time!!!

Anyways maybe one of the Legal types on the board can give you some advice.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 11:21am

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by kurrimasta
    hey guys,

i wish i had seen this forum before enrolling at west-wind, but oh well. i signed up for a 16-week trial program for $1600 in october. After two weeks of training I requested a refund and de-enrolled from the school. till this day they have been giving the weirdest run-around why they can't pay my refund. at first they said wait till november, then till january when i'll get it "for sure." now apparently there are 12 people ahead of me to get a refund and they are using all their resources to pay their rent. it's all a bunch of lies, and a ****-poor organization. It seems like I might have to take a legal route sometime soon...

can anyone offer me advice to get my money back?

thanks
    OK, wait a second. First of all, did you SERIOUSLY pay $1600 for 16 WEEKS? Is there a typo in there somewhere?

Anyway... The main issue you need to tell us before you can get advice is "Why did you leave?" That's the question his attorney and anyone hearing the case will ask. Also, you really need to give us some info on the contract. Did it have a clause describing how you could be released from any financial obligations? Did you follow those obligations? I'm not intimately familiar with California law; I practice in PA (And there are a few people here on Bullshido who can vouch for me, including Matt Bernius). But if you didn't read the fine print and just decided to stop going, you should probably count yourself lucky the school hasn't decided to take you to court for breach of contract.

If you give the requested info, some of us may be able to give a better opinion.

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 1:06pm

hall of famestaff

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Please print a full copy of the contract language here.

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 1:53pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Whatever happens,write it up for Bullshido if you can (after the legal smoke has cleared).it would be a good follw up to Bunyip's piece.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:24pm

Style: TKD, MT, KEMPO

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Everytime I go by one of those west wind schools, I want to yell-" run for your lives", having beem a former member. But no way was it nearly as expensive as it is now, on even adjusted for inflation. good luck in court- I'm sure their contracts are iron clad, though.

WARNING THIS USER TENDS TO BE FULL OF ****!

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:01pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Blank

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Holy hell, $400 a month? What do they teach you there?? How to use martial arts to rob a bank?? If thats the case, you found the right teachers.
Page 1 of 6 1 2345 ... LastLast