Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:36pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Non-contact? Nah we compete in full-contact only. A couple of our fighters do some olympic style for fun. But never non-contact at our dojang.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:58pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaKickz
    Non-contact? Nah we compete in full-contact only. A couple of our fighters do some olympic style for fun. But never non-contact at our dojang.
    What full contact tournaments has your dojang competed in?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 9:35pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From their rules:

(Forgive the shitty grammar. It's theirs, not mine.)

"Fist attack is valid up to 2 times (one, two) and it only count as a point if the player foot attack after fist hitting. Turning hit is also acknowledges as a point."

"In a tie situation, foot points prevail over fist points."

"When a player hit upper part of the body, middle part of the body by fist, count as 1 point and count as 2 point by foot."

So, it looks like the rules favor kicks.

This is good, though:
    Fouls

"When a player plays passively or only avoids including show the back."

but this foul sucks:
    "When a player continues fist attack without foot attack."

Video clip 8 actually looked pretty good. I saw some jab-crosses before the kicks. Most TKD I see is almost all kicks, so this is a nice change.

The other videos, though... <sigh>. :(

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:11pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by DerAuslander108
    www.aimaa.com

Hee Il Cho was a boxer before he learned TKD. They've mixed in concepts from Judo, boxing, and BJJ while retaining a traditional TKD base. His people have fought in knockdown Kyokushin tournaments and placed.
    Hwang Jang Lee also practiced boxing, but im not sure if he practiced it before or after TKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 10:35pm

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Alot of invitationals. Hee Il Cho's school in Houston (which is operated by his brother) is a school we compete against including other Texas schools. Like I said a few of our fighters went to the olympic style qualifying tournaments. Besides that a few local competitions.

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 1:05am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdnronin
    Good thing you qualified that comment, or I would have had to send Iranian ninjerettes to hunt you down. But I'm not sure how well they would blend in your neighbourhood. Maybe you could move to a desert for their benefit? They're much deadly in their home environment.
    I actually have been enjoying your posts about Judo's history in the MAHP quite a bit, so you'll have to call off your attack ninjas, I'm afeard.

Iranian Ninjas. Psh. We invented the McDojo.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 3:52am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by AAAhmed46
    You dont know me ikken. Dont judge me. You have never been to my school. You have never seen it.

Not once here did i insult TKD.
    actually yeah, you did. something about retards?

If most TKD schools embraced full contact, how many touch fighters would drop the art?
    same applies to uechi ryu. glass houses, stones, pots and kettles, so on and so forth.

In the north end there is a WTF school here that trains hard.

But that very same teacher will tell you that many TKD schools here wont go full contact. Many.

DeAuslander probably from what im guessing; probably gets pissed off seeing touchy feely crappy TKD.
    yeah but the whole fucking point of this thread is tkd that ISNT sissy ass point sparring. and not all of it at the moment is either which was my point.

Admit it Ikken: You know that many TKD schools make mony off of touch contact and handing out black belts.
    so does pretty much every martial art in existence.

And why do you always go out of your way to insult me?
    its not like you make it hard.

Dont give me the bullshido typical : ''cuz your stupid'' reply, ive never outwardly attacked you personally; ive disagreed a few times, but never insulted you.

Ive never claimed to be a good fighter. Infact, right now my teacher says im not ready for actual sparring because of bad habits he wants to fix first before letting me fight; he thinks ill get murdered.

So what is it? I know ICY sometimes calls me gay, but so far he does something like that for anyone, and i have yet to recieve the type of treatment he gives lotion(Which is funny to read about i must admit)

You make good posts on MAP and talk smart. I know i tend to come off as a dumbass alot of times.

But what did i do to earn your dislike? I know I made a stupid thread about Rickson Gracie's street fight, but now i really like to brazillian fuckers after the Kimura thread, and essentially apologized for making such stupid opinions and coments.

So what is it?
    i couldnt care less about your opinion on the gracies. I dont come to bullshido for intelligent conversation about martial arts. if i want to talk about my art I go to a kickboxing forum. if i want to have a rational discussion about a martial art without a bunch of retarded cockwavers swarming over it i post on MAP. if i want to shoot the **** and have a laugh at idiots I post here.

really it isnt anything personal.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 5:08am

Style: gong fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by MistaKickz
    Yeah.. A Jump Spin Heel Kick to the head without a padded helmet isn't going to be good for the fighter getting kicked. You saw the Korean fighter knock out the Greek guy in Athens right? He used the tip of his foot AND the Greek guy was wearing head gear. Just think what it will be like in this type of competition. A fighter might use his heel instead, and the fighter he's kicking isn't wearing any head gear. So yeah of cource there's going to be injuries. Not to mention spin side kicks that are extremlely capable of breaking ribs. I think once this league gets some more exposure, they'll start fighting other styles in full contact competition and hopefully make Tae Kwon Do look like it should be.
    I absolutely agree. thta's why caporera is also called the dance of death. The spinning kicks if the contact you're in so much trouble. Legs are your longest weapons i agree once the league knows about them the face of fighting will change.

Ghost of Kawaishi

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 8:49am

Style: judo, parenting

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    I actually have been enjoying your posts about Judo's history in the MAHP quite a bit, so you'll have to call off your attack ninjas, I'm afeard.

Iranian Ninjas. Psh. We invented the McDojo.
    Note to self, call off Ninjas.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 3:18pm

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by martialfiend
    I absolutely agree. thta's why caporera is also called the dance of death. The spinning kicks if the contact you're in so much trouble. Legs are your longest weapons i agree once the league knows about them the face of fighting will change.
    Also why a Ballerina is so dangerous, they can jump so high and use the very tip of their toe to poke your eye and like cause blindness and even death.
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 LastLast