Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 1:18am

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Because it limits the opponents you face. Kickboxing on the other hand is an open venue attracting a more diverse, and better trained crowd.
    Agreed, I'm all for TKD guys entering kickboxing events and learning how to handle that.

I still don't see a reason why there can't be full contact TKD.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 1:20am

Style: TKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ok I'm cool with that. No hard feeling then lol. But yeah Der, I hope they do update the video section. I'm very anxious to see some combat. A friend of mine saw one of their events though. He said they are very tough and fight to KO. Sounded good to me.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 2:50am

Style: TKD, MT

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    No way fight to KO is stupid fight to the Death is the real ****, I do it all the time. Only lost twice...

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:24am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DerAuslander: You wonder why there is no wide spread full contact TKD?

I sit at the mall and i see little kids running around wearing black belts and a large bunch of other retards.

And i think to myself ''I wonder; would i see little kids and a large number of people training here if they actually had to work hard?"

Probably not; TKD would lose money if people actually had to do some hard work.

STOP POSTING!

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:39am

supporting member
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    this coming from someone who does an equally softcock martial art? ive met a lot of tkders who train pretty fuckiing hard for comps etc, like any other sport.

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 3:44am

Style: karate,MMA(between gyms)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You dont know me ikken. Dont judge me. You have never been to my school. You have never seen it.

Not once here did i insult TKD.

Just some common practices here in edmonton TKD schools.

If most TKD schools embraced full contact, how many touch fighters would drop the art?

EDIT: And how much money would be lost for the associations? Here in edmonton we have ITF and WTF schools like everywhere.

In the north end there is a WTF school here that trains hard.

But that very same teacher will tell you that many TKD schools here wont go full contact. Many.

DeAuslander probably from what im guessing; probably gets pissed off seeing touchy feely crappy TKD.

Admit it Ikken: You know that many TKD schools make mony off of touch contact and handing out black belts.

So what was wrong with my critique?

And why do you always go out of your way to insult me?

Dont give me the bullshido typical : ''cuz your stupid'' reply, ive never outwardly attacked you personally; ive disagreed a few times, but never insulted you.

Ive never claimed to be a good fighter. Infact, right now my teacher says im not ready for actual sparring because of bad habits he wants to fix first before letting me fight; he thinks ill get murdered.

So what is it? I know ICY sometimes calls me gay, but so far he does something like that for anyone, and i have yet to recieve the type of treatment he gives lotion(Which is funny to read about i must admit)

You make good posts on MAP and talk smart. I know i tend to come off as a dumbass alot of times.

But what did i do to earn your dislike? I know I made a stupid thread about Rickson Gracie's street fight, but now i really like to brazillian fuckers after the Kimura thread, and essentially apologized for making such stupid opinions and coments.

So what is it?
    Last edited by AAAhmed46; 1/16/2006 4:10am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:34am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TKDPiripi
    No way fight to KO is stupid fight to the Death is the real ****, I do it all the time. Only lost twice...
    lol right on man.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 4:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    AAAhmed.. We all know that there are alot of McDojangs. It's nothing new. But this paticular one is not a McDojang. Instead of talking down on the bad Tae Kwon Do schools, why don't you comment on the one that I posted. It's obviously not a money making dojang or else they wouldnt train under full contact fighting. So don't bring up the little kids with black belts or the WTF. Try to talk about the Tae Kwon Do school/association that I posted.

Welterweight

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 5:24am

supporting member
     Style: Tae-Ninjitsu Mu Sool

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the same way they got alot of gay kwon do tip tap schools, they also have an equal amount of "softcock" Uechi ryu krotty schools. I was thinkin about petitioning the Kukkiwon about really changing stuff, but they prolly wont listen to a peon like me

an im on the verge of converting to kyukoshinkai anyways lol. but i think the only way for tkd to get some real hardcore full-contact is to strip away the chest pads, uhh.......

head gear could prolly stay, allow punchin to the face, takedowns an take it from there, if sissy faggots cant handle it, let them fulfill thier fantasies at a mcdojo/mcdojang.

MT for example been hardcore since it came on the scene........they doing real good. an while some people , especially tma's are out sky-larkin an jerkin off, u got mt, bjj,ajj, an mma trainin hard workin they azzez off.

i was observing some schools an was like wow.......these dudes & dudettes would run through most of the lame azz tma schools. makes me wonder if those fantasy warriors dont realize that.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/16/2006 7:42am

Style: gong fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Makes we wonder the leathality of full contact tkd. probably more dangerous than muey thai. TKD throws more power into the juming kicks. certainly more variety and can reach greater heights. The boxing skill is pretty bad but that's more than made up by their kicks.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12 3456 ... LastLast