Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/30/2005 12:36pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Wow wow wow, back up. You said you're 15? And you're pissed you didn't learn striking in JJ? In what sounds like a JJ kids class? But you're content with Judo? First 9 months I'd have you working more on Positioning, falling and simple throws than striking and groundfighting too if you're 13 years old, since JJ covers quite a large area when compared to other more specialized arts.

And _ing _un is described as the bomb here compared to JJ?

Before I can really comment. What DID you learn in JJ class? I mean, I'm not gonna just take your word that this is a rotten school just from you not liking it. People are really going off on the whole calling bullshido idea, spouting it left and right like it's a game. You say the teaching sucked? How, you said the the techniques were ineffective? What techniques.

And with memories of kiddie grade JJ you're going to review a JJ school at 15 fighting higher belts? What can I say.. Yes please bring a camera and post results regardless. I'll want to see where this is going. If it's going anywhere at all. Tired of people posting "I WENT FROM TEH SUCK TO TEH ELITE" And expecting a hug and a cookie. But sure, go ahead and play. I just don't get what this is about. Or how I would deem a memory from a 13 year old kid to be proof that a school is completely hopeless. Or that it needs reviewing by the same guy after 2 years experience in _in _un.

Maybe a bit fast in my judgement here. But I guess I'll just have to see.
    More human than human is our motto.

Posted On:
    5/31/2005 6:29am

Style: Judo, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    DATES ARE IN THE TOP LEFT HAND CORNER. THEY ARE FUN TO READ.

Hi, guys

Posted On:
    5/31/2005 8:06am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    This does beg the question "what happened?" Sophist :)
    More human than human is our motto.

rawr

Posted On:
    5/31/2005 10:16am

supporting member
     Style: Mushin Dao, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    goddamn noob necromancers.
    I think it was two ninjas taped together, to make one GIANT NINJA!!!!

He'll flip ya!

Posted On:
    5/31/2005 4:50pm

supporting member
     Style: Not.....working

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Das Moose seems to be MIA

Das Moose seems to be MIA.He last posted in December of 2004.He probably chickened-out about the hidden camera.

Why did they never try this....

Posted On:
    6/01/2005 11:23am

supporting member
     Style: Jujutsu/Mixed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sorry 4 being Noob but everyone had 2 start somewhere!
    I just did a search 4 the style i've been training in, & when was the coments wanted 2 make some reply as that hadn't been my experience, if this is the only mention of WJJF wanted 2 make some comment.
    Last edited by Nate1481; 6/01/2005 11:27am at .

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 3:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Included ur PM for completeness if a problem can delete
    Quote Originally Posted by das moose
    Just found this again. Figured I should reply as i was MIA for a long time then returned.

No, I didn't go down to the WJJF club. Yes, i'm still convinced they are awful - and I do have a bit of proof now.

You're probably right that I chickened out, I've grown up an awful lot in the last few years. I'm certainly less arrogant (and ironically, a lot better). The other thing is, Its kind of an asshole thing to do to go down to a club and start demanding challenge matches and so on, so tbh i'm glad i didn't.

However. the proof - rolled with a WJJF guy of about 3 years experience of similar height/weight and so on. Tapped him *at least* 10 times in the 2 or 3 minutes i was rolling with him. I'm not even going to bother doing any full contact with him - a) i doubt he'd go for it and b) he's *never* done any full contact. I've been training full contact WT and boxing for a fair few years now.

So there you go. Please respond with your thoughts.
    I stand by what I said.

The big problem with the WJJF is that it's run as a franchise which means that you get good clubs and bad depending on your instructor or group of clubs.

Do you happen to remember the name of the sensai or what Dan grade he was, or the grade of the guy u rolled with?

The second is more out of interest the first could be highly relavent as i have just got my 1st dan and would in no way consider myself ready to teach as a main instructor.
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 1:59pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate1481
    Included ur PM for completeness if a problem can delete

I stand by what I said.

The big problem with the WJJF is that it's run as a franchise which means that you get good clubs and bad depending on your instructor or group of clubs.

Do you happen to remember the name of the sensai or what Dan grade he was, or the grade of the guy u rolled with?

The second is more out of interest the first could be highly relavent as i have just got my 1st dan and would in no way consider myself ready to teach as a main instructor.
    I can't remember his name but he was 2nd dan I believe. And surely you shouldn't be allowed to teach if you're not ready regardless of the grade? And surely if you are ready the grade doesn't matter? I was wandering round the Judo class the other day helping everyone out with their technique, even though i'm only a yellow belt (I've never really gotten involved in judo seriously) - because I know how to do the technique. Once you've mastered something you should be able to pass it on, regardless.

Don't know the grade of the guy I rolled with, but he'd been doing it at least three years, as well as Judo for the same time. I did judo for about one/two years, and i've only had a few months of the BJJ/wrestling mix we learn at Chum Sut.

I've had a look on their site and i see tehy're offering instructor courses if you pay the money and send a video tape of you performing the techniques - most of which are laughable, to be frank.

Posted On:
    3/01/2006 5:46pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Ju-Jitsu,Judo,Sambo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    hmmm i also came acroos their website the other day, and i thought it was a tad suspect especially when i went on to the links to their other sites and looked at picture galleries of their techniques, which seem to work amazingly if you're a most complient uke.

I've been training in shorinji kan Jiu - Jitsu which is the UK foundation style for a little over five years and am a purple belt. However on their website it states that i can become a black belt in 3 years ! WOW A BLACK BELT THAT'S AMAZING ! They even sell you a badge and certificate and membership to the super duper secret magic ring black belt society ....... for a hefty price that is .......

Anywho i was intrigued about this 3 year black belt claim so i enquired about it stating that i'd only been doing Jitsu 3 years and wasn't a black belt yet hmph !

here is their reply ......

"Interesting question, which has many replies glasshopper.

Anyway, yes you can get your black belt with the WJJF inside of 3 years, if takes a little timing (I started 2 months before the next grading), training at least twice a week every week (except the odd holiday), and grading at 3 monthly intervals. I know it can be done because I did it.

Start at White belt

1-3months later Red belt

3 months later Yellow

3 months later Orange

3 months later Green

3 months later Blue/White

3 months later Blue

3 months later Purple

3 months later Brown/White

3 months later Brown

6 months later BLACK

Total = 31-33 months (2 years 7months - 2 years 9 months)

However, our black belt does not contain any left handed throws until 2nd dan in some ways this is a mistake, as you cannot guarantee the aggressor will be right-handed! But in other ways it gives the student an opportunity to get the right-handed stuff correct first, without confusing them further by practicing left AND right, though this is largely down to the instructor who can decide what to teach."

Well at least he had the decency to say that it was a mistake not including any left handed techniques .......

The website i looked at was http://www.leicesterjujitsu.co.uk/ and this all started because of some of the awful videos they have on there. Enjoy !

Posted On:
    3/02/2006 3:40am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I have also been helping show people techniques for a couple of years, i ment as in take a class on a regular basis unsupervised, i know techniques but still need to polish some.

by 2nd dan the guy will have been training for around 5 years at least but as i said it's a franchise if you have reaceh 1st dan you can pay your dues & open a club. you may not be a great teacher but it can be done.

Lleagto:
    The main site sucks bigtime & tells you nothing it's a about marketing
    some individual club sites (cant remember came across one or 2) are alot better. We've just finished our new site (Link on profile)
    yes you can be a BB in about 3 years, it's syllabus based & grading every 3 months is not unreasonable. There are failings will post l8er @ wrk @ moment
    "This won't hurt me a bit..." - My training partner.:new_astha
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast