Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 1:32am

Style: None at Present

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Matt Furey Experiment (Long)

With all the drama surrounding Matt Furey, and his reputation of being fake and bullshit, I have decided to perform a certain experiment.

I shall not be touching upon his claims as a fighter, a shui jiao expert, wrestler, etc... none of that... I have decided instead to investigate his Fitness programs, and the claims made about them.

First of all, a little back story. I am reasonably tall, and used to be very skinny with no strength to speak of. I was 'that' guy who would always eat a huge amount, whilst everyone wondered where all that fat would go. Well, as of late I have noticed that gradually my midsection has been ever expanding, and that I am getting rather fat. Not fat in the morbidly obese, electric motorchair riding McDonalds patron, but just putting on a lot of fat.

A while ago, one of my father's co-workers, and family freind gave me some DVD's and books by Matt Furey... they seemed cool, and I even tried them for a little while, but I do have a problem with motivation, especially with excerise, and if anyone's ever taken the IB Diploma, they know it's one of the hardest international courses to take, before university... So time was lacking.

Anyway, going back to the present. Body increasing in fat, and training slowly dying down to none (school) I have decided to get back into shape, and, for the sake of Bullshido, to try and do it using the products by Matt Furey (thus seeing if they can help, commenting on the level of bullsido Matt Furey is, as regards to his excersise products, hence this thread being placed in Bullshido).

I will be starting this monday, and be doing the excerises upon waking, and before going to sleep. According to Furey's claims, I only need 15 minues, or even 5, but I shall be doing more than that, and trying to stick with it (which this thread shall help me with).

Photos shall be posted, with before, 1 week, 2 weeks, etc... at different stages of the experiemnt. Food, and drink consumed, weight, height, age (17) all those good things. What excerises and how many reps, and also anything else of value (feeling tired, sick, ill, etc...)

Now, so we don't argue and turn this potential helpful thread into a huge flaming event, let me be explicitly clear about my purposes.

I am not doing this to back up Matt Furey. Nor I am doing this to label him as Bullshido, although these ARE two of the possible outcomes of this experiment. I am primarily doing this for my own benefit, and posting it to share the results with Bullshido and see what you guys make of it. If I make drastic improvements, get ultra-toned, healthier, fitter, and feel awesome, then obviously there would be some merit to the program. If nothing happens, I still can't sleep, I gain wait and feel like crap, then obviously it's not working.

Also, any other variables will be taken into account. I am getting back into BJJ, as of tuesday, and possibly something else which I will declare if it happens. For example, if I additionally go to the gym and get a personal trainer for 5 hours a day, then we obviously can't attribute any gain to Matt Furey alone. The aim is to make this as scientific as possible, to deduce whether or not Furey's excerise program has any merit, and the results can be used as proof for or against.

So, sorry about the length, but I feel that this has potential, and should really be the way of going about disputing or proving claims. Here's hoping it works!

:occasion1 (100th Post)

So, any questions, advice?

(P.S To MODS, I have decided 'Bullshido' is the best place to put this, as it deals with his claims which ARE commonly regarded as Bullshido, along with the rest of him. Either this little project will give more evidence that he is, or that his excerise routines work, to whatever extent, thus seeing what level of bullshido his excerise claims really are... If this is not the right place to put it, could it please be moved to the correct place, and not just dumped and deleted? Thanks alot. )
    Last edited by Xeo; 1/14/2006 2:57am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 1:50am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Just to start of with, some information regarding myself, your lovely narrator and guide through this journey, at the time of posting.

Weight: Just checked, it's 68.0 Kg.

Height: Half way between 5'10 and 5'11. 5' 10.5 I suppose.

Race / Ethnicity: British Caucasian.

Martial Arts: See profile. Re-starting BJJ on 16th January 2006, after an absence of 1 or 2 months.

Build: Skinny in general, getting more and more fat buildup, most noticeably stomach.

Health problems: None, very very slight athsma a long time ago, due to dust. No longer a problem. Other than that, Vitaligo... shouldn't be a problem :)

Education: Finishing IB Diploma, June graduation (with any luck). That would make it secondary. Then onto Uni.

Turn on's: hahah, just kidding.

Can't think of anything else relevant at this point... Monday, i'll post some more.
    Last edited by Xeo; 1/14/2006 6:37am at .

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:46am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    A purple belt I used to train with uses Matt Furey's fitness programs. He's about 5'10," 225, and ripped. I happen to think Furey is an assclown (yay he can steal wrestler workouts and charge huge sums of money for them), but I don't feel like expending the energy required to try to out him as a fraud for his grappling skills, so I'll STFU about that.

You'll be getting a good workout, at least.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:54am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Cool, I did find that Furey never really isolates the abs, or 1 set of muscles on it's own, so I was expecting that being ripped would be harder, but i'm glad there is hope... we'll see how it goes. Should help with BJJ at least, flexibility, and bridging.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 4:15am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeo
    Cool, I did find that Furey never really isolates the abs, or 1 set of muscles on it's own, so I was expecting that being ripped would be harder, but i'm glad there is hope... we'll see how it goes. Should help with BJJ at least, flexibility, and bridging.
    You've got to have the diet to go with it.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 4:47am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Ah yes, thanks for that. Just like to say that whilst my father ensures I have a pretty nice, healthy diet, dieting, eating more healthy food, and just snacking less will also be a part...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 6:19am

Style: Basic Self-Defence

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    How tall are you??
    "Height: 5.10 / 5.11 Approching (but not quite) 6 Ft."
    Nope, that's not a height.

How tall are you RIGHT NOW??
    I'm sure your local gym or health centre has an
    accurate measuring system.
    None of us varies two inches in heigh throughout the day.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 6:32am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Rooster
    How tall are you??
    "Height: 5.10 / 5.11 Approching (but not quite) 6 Ft."
    Nope, that's not a height.

How tall are you RIGHT NOW??
    I'm sure your local gym or health centre has an
    accurate measuring system.
    None of us varies two inches in heigh throughout the day.
    Ouch... ok fine, i'll go check...

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 6:36am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    5' 10.5 Half way between 5'10 and 5'11 As of this post, i'll remedy that in the original post.

Everybody was Kung Fu fighting

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 9:03am

supporting member
     Style: Tai Chi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Dude, how much fat can you possibly have to lose ? you're slightly taller than me and almost half my weight ?
    !!RENT SPACE HERE FOR 10 VBUCKS PER LINE PER MONTH!!

!! PM ME FOR SPEEDY SERVICE !!

Sponsored by our first customer: Repulsive Monkey

I <3 Sirc.
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast