Middleweight

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:07am

supporting member
     Style: MMA, Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by SammyKing
    I have some experience with BJJ, but I won't make that my primary art........because I have an uneasy feeling about it. And I believe practicing it in the long run can really affect your sense of manhood, making you more likely to pick fights just to show how manly you are.
    So you've had a few BJJ experiences, but you don't consider yourself a BJJ'er. That's very open minded of you.

Most men are not so secure in terms of the martial arts preference. If they have a BJJ experience, it tends to be a major life crisis. They think, "OMG, I do TKD, but deep down I'm really a BJJ'er! I need help!"

(Women tend to be more open minded. I've met many women who have had several BJJ experiences, but still don't consider themselves to be BJJ'ers.

So I commend you on being so secure.

I don't think you need to feel uneasy, though. Generally speaking, I don't think people who are openly BJJ are that aggressive. It's the closeted BJJ'ers who tend to be more violent, because they are insescure about their conflicted martial identity.

So I don't think you have to worry about picking fights. Once you're out to the world as a BJJ'er, and you have the support of the BJJ community, you will probably find that the sense of conflict goes away.

Of course, I wouldn't now from frist hand experience. My friend told me.

I've heard theres a very good movie on this subject coming out soon. I think it's called Brokeback Mounting. You should check it out.
    Last edited by garbanzo; 1/19/2006 10:10am at .
  2. KhorneliusPraxx

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:13am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The Original Thread

Mr. Doff,
    Everytime I duplicate somebody elses thread, you rightfully blast me.
    Please unload on this guy and then delete his copycat thread.
    Sincerely,
    KP

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 11:44am

Style: isshinryu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Could this be taken as an incentive to become better than your peers at bjj?? After all, you know what they say... it's not gay if you're the guy!

:wbossman Y-M-C-A :karated:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 11:48am

Style: Ex-TMA/KB Noob/Judo Noob

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    The most effective grappling technique I've ever used in real life was the knee-on-belly-crotch-on-face, inspired entirely by BJj.

Some arts are deadly, but only a few can be FABULOUS!
    Too easy to counter with 'the bite'

Oh, I almost forgot -

FUCKING USE THE FUCKING SEARCH FUCKING FUNCTION YOU FUCKING NOOB!

:toothy9:

I hope that makes you feel better Khornelius :)
    Last edited by The Limey; 1/19/2006 11:54am at .

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 11:53am

Join us... or die
     Style: None

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In Spain BJJ´ers can marry each other.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 12:07am

Style: bjj

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo
    So you've had a few BJJ experiences, but you don't consider yourself a BJJ'er. That's very open minded of you.

Most men are not so secure in terms of the martial arts preference. If they have a BJJ experience, it tends to be a major life crisis. They think, "OMG, I do TKD, but deep down I'm really a BJJ'er! I need help!"

(Women tend to be more open minded. I've met many women who have had several BJJ experiences, but still don't consider themselves to be BJJ'ers.

I don't think you need to feel uneasy, though. Generally speaking, I don't think people who are openly BJJ are that aggressive. It's the closeted BJJ'ers who tend to be more violent, because they are insescure about their conflicted martial identity.

So I don't think you have to worry about picking fights. Once you're out to the world as a BJJ'er, and you have the support of the BJJ community, you will probably find that the sense of conflict goes away.

I've heard theres a very good movie on this subject coming out soon. I think it's called Brokeback Mounting. You should check it out.

Dude, I am in awe. This may be the best post ever to grace any fourm ever. You frikkin' rule! This may have to be my sig.

Titanium laced beauty

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 12:13am

supporting memberforum leaderstaff
     Style: BJJ, wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lights Out
    In Spain BJJ´ers can marry each other.
    This little jewel makes me miss +rep
    Shut the hell up and train.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 12:14am

Style: hackery

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by garbanzo

Holy ****.

That's great. Execution, style, concept -- all 10/10. You, sir, get THREE GOLD STARS.

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 8:07am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And honourable mention goes to "Brokeback Mounting" (damn, that's gotta hurt)

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/20/2006 8:38am

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Too easy to counter with 'the bite'
    Ah, but you forget that the bite is easily countered by the elbow-to-the-face followed by the cock-in-the-mouth. I never considered the cock-in-the-mouth a valid technique until I researched "Jack-the-Stripper", a serial killer in London, who suffocated his victims, the "bite" didn't save them, so I am confident in the streetability of the cock choke.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 123 4 LastLast