Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 2:37pm

supporting member
     Style: Snatch Wrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Your intent not withstanding, the term is in and of itself is offensive.
    To you, not me.

This makes your intent a non-issue.
    Intent is never a non-issue.

Even if I mean nothing by it, going around referring to things from African as "nig" items would likely be offensive as well.
    Don't bring that crap into this, "nig" is not a word, and your attempt to attach your personal favourite "offensive word" to the most offensive word you can think of is pathetic.

Whether or not your intent is racist, the term is racially offensive.
    So, if I say "Jap" people of a given RACE are going to be somehow adversly affected? How I wonder? When did race even become part of this discussion? We were talking about nationality, oh, wait, you brought it up to shore up your shitty arguement, that's right.

I don't see how I'm whining or being overly sensitive.
    http://www.answers.com/whining&r=67

2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.

Your private life is non-issue.
    No, my private life informs my public persona, so it most certainly is an issue, and for you to dismiss it as irrelevant reveals your lack of solid basis for arguement.

What is said here is, especially given the fact that it is a public written medium.
    If anyone reading this can't stand to look at the letters J, A, and P strung together, by all means, avert thine eyes.

And n**** is just a bastardization of the Spanish word for black. Etymology does not change the fact that it's offensive.
    ******, Brit, Jap, Yank

*One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong, tell me which one is not like the others, or you're a ****-ing douchebag.*

(*To the tune of the Sesame Street song with the same beginning)

I already posted reasons why this term is offensive to Japanese Americans (Internment, etc.).
    I already posted the reasons why they should focus on real issues, like internment, and let go of grammar as a vital political cause.

This is a public venue. If people take offense, then that is for them to decide.
    If people take offence, then, with all due respect (that being none) they can suck my dick and go **** themselves.

I have no problems in calling some of the peeps I work to help "junkies" to their face but I really think it shows some modicum of respect for the Human Condition for those not directly dealing with them to term them heroin addicts.
    I prefer NOT to gloss over reality. Junkies are and forever will be junkies to me.

You don't know DerAuslander ... I do.
    How unfortunate for you.

He is sincere in his beliefs and efforts on the part of those of Asian decent.
    He is sincerely a dickhead, he's worse than the grammar police, he's the racist grammar police.

The guy "walks the walk" ... how about just typing the "anese" part of it and letting it go?
    I believe in intelligent reasonable discourse, it is NOT aided by people who wish to get rid of words simply because THEY find something about the word offensive, even when the person using it has no intent to offend.

All I'm doing is saying that regardless of whether or not you realize it or feel it, there are those who will take offense at use of that term
    :eusa_booh :sad5: :pity:

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 2:49pm

Join us... or die
     Style: MMA, functional JKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by JFS USA
    ... it's just being reasonable and coming from me you must know it was painful just typing this.

It's not the "end of the World" but wtf ... no harm in being decent about things ... **** ... I cannot believe I just typed that.
    Who are you and what the **** have you done with JFS?
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:02pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendetta
    Who are you and what the **** have you done with JFS?

I know...I feel dirty.

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:12pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by I Choke You
    To you, not me.
    And were that the case, that would be all that matters.

Intent is never a non-issue.
    In this case it is. Intent informs whether or not you are racist or intending to offend. I know you weren't. That's why I never accused you of being or doing such. Again, all I did was inform you that the term "Jap" is racially offensive to Japanese Americans in the specific and Asian Americans in general. I didn't make this into a big deal.

So, if I say "Jap" people of a given RACE are going to be somehow adversly affected? How I wonder? When did race even become part of this discussion? We were talking about nationality, oh, wait, you brought it up to shore up your shitty arguement, that's right.
    Again, I never said that people would be adversely affected, only that they would be offended.

We are actually not talking about nationality. The Japanese Americans who were interned were Americans. That is their nationality. Ethnically they were of Japanese decent, so thus, this is a discussion of ethnicity. Given the term is offensive to Asian Americans as a whole, it is also a discussion of race.

http://www.answers.com/whining&r=67

2. To complain or protest in a childish fashion.
    Not withstanding the fact that I made a simple request, and answered intelligently to any rebuttals given...

Your Google-fu is strong.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Jap

3. Jap

1. Disrespectful and offensive name for the Japanese, especially Japanese-Americans. Synonymous with Chink, ****, Nip, etc. (although not shunned by mainstream society as much as other racial slurs). Term made popular in WWII as the nickname for the enemy over in Japan and Japanese-American citizens who were forced into internment camps during the war. Hence, the negative connotations.

No, my private life informs my public persona, so it most certainly is an issue, and for you to dismiss it as irrelevant reveals your lack of solid basis for arguement.
    What I regard as irrelevant is your ability to do whatever you like in your private life. I can dance around naked in my living room flinging ethnic slurs at the walls, and not expect any repercussions. In a public setting however, the rules have changed.

******, Brit, Jap, Yank

*One of these things is not like the others, one of these things just doesn't belong, tell me which one is not like the others, or you're a ****-ing douchebag.*

(*To the tune of the Sesame Street song with the same beginning)
    Two are offensive to the ethnic groups to whom they refer. Two are not.

I believe in intelligent reasonable discourse, it is NOT aided by people who wish to get rid of words simply because THEY find something about the word offensive, even when the person using it has no intent to offend.
    Intelligent discourse is not possible when racial and ethnically offensive terms are used.

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:21pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And yet the two Knung-fu Masters thrive!

Click and look at the masters!
    http://erictharp.tripod.com//index.html
    Last edited by wagamichi; 1/14/2006 3:29pm at .

Valiant Monk of Booze & War

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:23pm

supporting memberstaff
     Style: BJJ/C-JKD/KAAALIII!!!!!!!

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Image doesn't work.

What city are they in?

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:31pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It does not say. I think it just south of nerdsville. I hate this ****. As i said before we got side traked, these little kids are what give CMA a black EYE. Just like the commercial TKD gives what you do such a hard time defending it. Poop and double poop.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 3:51pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    And were that the case, that would be all that matters.
    No, I don't care, and that IS all that matters, so so I.

Again, all I did was inform you that the term "Jap" is racially offensive to Japanese Americans in the specific and Asian Americans in general.
    That offended me. I find it absurd that you can attach so much meaning to any word. Certainly the concept of rape is offensive, but I don't freak out when people use the word...it's just a Force-Unlawful-Carnal-Knowledging WORD! Intent is THE issue, the ONLY issue that need be considered.

Given the term is offensive to Asian Americans as a whole, it is also a discussion of race.
    If you want to speak for Asian (and how is THAT even a race? it's a CONTINENT, Indians, Arabs, Russians, Kazakhs, etc are from Asia, is that who you're talking about?) Americans, then so can I, they say it isn't offensive.

Your Google-fu is strong.
    Indeed, and sadly Urban Dictionary does not have the substance or authority of A REAL FUCKING DICTIONARY.

What I regard as irrelevant is your ability to do whatever you like in your private life.
    I can do whatever I want here, too, in fact, I'm doing that RIGHT NOW! Anyone who doesn't like it can read my signature.

Two are offensive to the ethnic groups to whom they refer. Two are not.
    Shut up, really, seriously, the terms are not equitable and nit-picking will not make them so. Brit and Yank are not offensive to people who ARE NOT OVER SENSITIVE, Jap falls into the same category.

Intelligent discourse is not possible when racial and ethnically offensive terms are used.
    Intelligent discourse is not possible when people want to be PC.

As i said before we got side traked, these little kids are what give CMA a black EYE.
    I always figured Jason Delucia sucking balls in the UFC was what did it...but I'll take your word for it.

Injury Waiting To Happen

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 4:07pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Osiris is right, but:

In case anyone's wondering why I'm commenting, I was asked to.
    LOL!

Converter of Virgins

Posted On:
    1/14/2006 4:12pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: H'ung Ga & SPM

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I prefer NOT to gloss over reality. Junkies are and forever will be junkies to me.
    Cool ... then the reality that your are a cocksucking cum guzzlin queer boy attempting to "cum off hard" doesn't bother you in the least. Along with your being a gutless sack of pig **** asswipe who pimps his Mommy for lunch money and your Father rapes small farm animals for fun & profit. Good to see you are so firmly rooted in reality ... ***** boy.

How unfortunate for you.
    Thanks for the outpouring of compassion but I prefer to remain focused on your queer asshole licking problems and not muddy the waters ... fukface.

He is sincerely a dickhead, he's worse than the grammar police, he's the racist grammar police.
    Sure ... now back to your problems centered on swallowing so much spooge that your 2 remaining brain cells are no longer firing in synch ...

I believe in intelligent reasonable discourse, ...
    Of course you do shitwipe ... and I believe in God ... no "proof" either exists ... now which is worse you fucking 'tard brain donor?

... it is NOT aided by people who wish to get rid of words simply because THEY find something about the word offensive, even when the person using it has no intent to offend.
    Yes of course ... I mean ... why engage in discourse grounded in words ... let's all just communicate telephathically ... "see" what I'm thinking of you ... fag sissy boy? "Intention" is an internally held frame of reference and absent a declaration of "intent" no one really knows. All that had to be done was a simple "This is what I meant, sorry it offended, I will use a different term."

Instead, douche bag, you break all stupid trying to "prove" you are right when clearly you are WRONG. Speaks to you nicely. You know nothing of real fighting as the ability to break course and start fresh is a prime fighting skill. You are just a fukwit stuck in a blind alley loop "B.b.b.b.b..b.b.b.b.b.b ut ... I'm right ... really ... I'm right ... wahhhh ... I want to be right ... wahhhhh ..." What a fucking punk ass twat lipped LOSER you are.

Eat **** and then go back to pimping that skanky whore you call your Mom ... boy. The BEAST
    Last edited by JFS USA; 1/14/2006 4:15pm at .
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 78910 ... LastLast