Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 6:05am

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Taekwon-Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Enquiry About A TKD School

I am a practitioner and fan on Taekwon-Do, in a school which I can assure you is not a McDojang (Rhee Taekwon-Do Australia).

I've recently encountered a member of a different Dojang, an American facility, run by a "Master Moon", and called a "College". Now, he's been expression some VERY odd views on Taekwon-Do, the sort that give us a bad name (Apparently, I can't possibly be a 2nd kup, I don't speak Korean, and I'm dirtying TKD's name by saying that we'd possibly sink so low as to hit someone in the nuts). Unfortunately, he also claims to be a white belt.

Has anyone heard of this Dojang before? If so, is he being sucked into a McDojang, or is he just making shite up to feel big?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:18am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Is this the place? Moon's Martial Arts Academy

I didn't bother reading the site but some of the pics will likely make it into the stances of disaster thread. The 2nd degree kiddie blackbelts are never a good sign either.

What are some of this guys odd views?

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:37am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cormoran
    Is this the place? Moon's Martial Arts Academy

I didn't bother reading the site but some of the pics will likely make it into the stances of disaster thread.
    Correction: All of those pics will make it into Stances of Disaster.
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...839#post898839

(Actually TKD of Disaster).

The hapkido pics are in Stances of Disaster.

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:40am

Join us... or die
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    From the website:

"Records show that Tae Kwon Do was practiced as early as about 50 BC".

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:42am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    As I said, the individual in question had ideas of a direct correlation between skill in the Korean language and skill in Taekwon-Do, and strict above-the-waist rules on the basis of 'not sinking to that level'.

And wow, yes, 1st and 2nd dan children... In my school, they wouldn't even get their 1st dan, they'd get 1st poom, aka junior blackbelt, and have to get their 1st dan when they were old enough. As in not those tiny brats.

Also interesting to look at their videos on the left bar... All of them low enough resolution that you can't see much detail, but what you can see is hilarious. Maybe we should put this guy into the humour section. In one of the sparring sessions, a rather weak kick sends a black belt flying 5+ metres and flipping over on his back. And the other one features massive spinning flying kicks, with 360+ rotation.

I smell a McDojang. If we have anyone in the area (apparently Tulsa, OK, USA) that is willing to give them a look-over, I'm sure we'd be interested to see what they're like face-to-face.

I recognize this stance. It's a move from the 1st kup pattern. Well, it's an attempt at one. Give that man a yellow belt.
    Last edited by NightDaemon; 3/07/2006 7:45am at .

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 7:55am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    ...evidence of the practice of Taek Kyon, the earliest known form of Tae Kwon Do.
    No, Taekwon-Do is ONE of the martial arts that grew from Tae Kyon. If you're going to brag, Maaaaashter Moon, get it right and LEARN TO SPELL, NUMBNUTS!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 8:12am

Style: Shotokan

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    the individual in question had ideas of a direct correlation between skill in the Korean language and skill in Taekwon-Do
    Ack, when i left my old mcdojo i was learning more about Japanese than i was about fighting. Since then one of my personal rules has been 'if you are learning more about the language than fighting then it's definately time to get the hell outta there'.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:08am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightDaemon
    No, Taekwon-Do is ONE of the martial arts that grew from Tae Kyon. If you're going to brag, Maaaaashter Moon, get it right and LEARN TO SPELL, NUMBNUTS!
    NO..TKD has nothing to do with Taekkyon. Please don't make me give you the same f'n speech about this tired old song.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:10am

Bullshido Newbie

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by miguksaram
    NO..TKD has nothing to do with Taekkyon. Please don't make me give you the same f'n speech about this tired old song.
    I stand corrected, then. Thank you for not giving me the speech.

Day Tripper/Dream Weaver

Posted On:
    3/07/2006 9:10am

supporting member
     Style: Shorei-ryu & Kumdo & TKD

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    On another note, that school is full of **** when it comes to Judo, HKD and TKD history. So, yeah just stay the hell away from it.
    Jeremy M. Talbott

Quote Originally Posted by Phrost
    "Bullshido isn't just a place to hang out when you're browsing the net. We really are trying to accomplish something fucking extraordinary here that nobody's ever had the balls to do before."
    Quote Originally Posted by D.Murray
    "Which is better, to learn the truth, or to enjoy the illusion of being right when you are not?"
    Quote Originally Posted by hangooknamja88 View Post
    My definition of Ki is our energy. it's rather hard to explain it in words. It's not some mystical type of energy like white people...

SUPPORT BULLSHIDO!
Page 1 of 3 1 23 LastLast