Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 5:56pm

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    In my brigade, well group 470th MI GRP, we have strategic 97Es. Not very many, but we do have them. I worked with them when I was down in Colombia this past december. Then again, we also have a seperate battalion of tactial humint teams. So you never know what you're gonna get. Oh and that whole thing about imagery analysts(96D) looking at satelite imagery is a load of shannagins, most of us wind up doing aerial sensor imagery, or like me collecting imagery while inside of an aerial sensor.
    Hah!

Yeah, right. I know that you just play on the internet while ignoring my RFI to get imagery of the route to various FOBs.

Seriously, though, the 96D's that I knew spent all their time on SomethingAwful.com while waiting for those horrendously large maps to download from NGIC. Or was is NIMA? They change their name every quarter...what is it now?

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 9:44pm

Style: BJJ boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    thanks fellas. I've been thinking of re enlisting and want 97e, but have the urge to go 11b to get back in the swing and figure it only could help a 97e "career". decisions, decisions.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 9:48pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    oh, I mentioned tact vs. stat. cause I've read alot of differnt stories about how much field time vs desk time you get. depends on your unit , I guess.

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:41am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoratioHooah
    Hah!

Seriously, though, the 96D's that I knew spent all their time on SomethingAwful.com
    Oh ****... So you know about that? I do counter-narcotics and I'm in a sigint unit so I don't really deal with NIMA(NGA), the only imagery that I look at is the stuff that I've personnaly collected. We're such a small group of guys though that we all pretty much know each other, and we all really like somethingawful.com

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 1:46am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtip inspector
    thanks fellas. I've been thinking of re enlisting and want 97e, but have the urge to go 11b to get back in the swing and figure it only could help a 97e "career". decisions, decisions.
    I have no idea how being an 11B would help you out down the road as an interrogator. Their promotion points are really low and I think almost everyone gets picked up for E7. Also a few months ago 97E's were so hard up for people that a whole bunch of 98C linguists were involutarily reclassed to 97E, and around 30 97E E6's were directly appointed to WO1. So I wouldn't worry about your future to much if you choose that career path.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 2:21am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    around 30 97E E6's were directly appointed to WO1. So I wouldn't worry about your future to much if you choose that career path.
    I personally knew two of them. Actually, one of them was promoted to SFC, then about a week later put on his WO1.

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 8:58pm

Style: wagamichi shorei kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    My Sr. student was a DI at Ft.Benniing and a level 3 instructor. He just came home after 1 1/2 years of being activated as a reserve. They teach some hard core **** down there. A bit behind what is going on in the cage, but still good solid stuff.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/05/2006 11:54pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    D Demsey, I was under the impression that 97e would spend alot of their time out in the field, working with 11b's. please correct me as I am looking for as much info as possible. thanks

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 12:15am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtip inspector
    D Demsey, I was under the impression that 97e would spend alot of their time out in the field, working with 11b's. please correct me as I am looking for as much info as possible. thanks
    That's gonna depend entirely on your unit. There are 97E in pretty much every stategic unit. I'm in a strategic(for the most part) unit and we have a buch of guys that are 97E's that do more stategic intelligence. There is also a tactical HUMINT unit in my group as well so it's hard to say what you'll be doing. The 97E I knew when I was in korea spent most of their time in garrison doing interviews and paperwork, and every few months went out to the field for a tactical HUMINT exersise. I'm assuming that your in the army now, why don't you just email the 97E branch manager? I'm sure that he could give you way more information than anyone on here could. I'm willing to help you out as best as I can but I'm not all that knowledgable when it comes to HUMINT.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/07/2006 4:14am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    That's gonna depend entirely on your unit. There are 97E in pretty much every stategic unit.
    After spending two years in 25th ID, I am now in a strat unit (it really sucks...). There is not a single 97 series here...I was under the impression strategic units didn't have them at all, with the possible exception of Meade, what with the NSA wanting 97B's around.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 8 LastLast