Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 10:18am

Style: Japanese Jujutsu / aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Sometime ago a freind of mine that had been doing some hand to hand combat training in the military came into town for a visit and came to see me at the dojo. Where he got inspired and asked if we could spar a little, i guess to show off his newly learned death techniques. Long story short i kicked his ass for ways from sunday. Getting frustrated at not understanding we he would loose so easily when he was a "trainged Marine". Simple i told him, you can't expect to learn in a feew days what takes years to develop.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 1:49pm

Style: Kaju, FMA, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost
    During the day you can brag about how badass you are, and do all that stupid crap because we just ignore you anyways. As soon as night comes,that's when we come out and take care of business. Unfortunately, Marines our are worst enemy since even when we say "Hey were on your side" you still feel the need to open up on us in the middle of the night.

Can't say I blame you though, if I was a small force looking to be 'big and bad' I'd shoot everyone too. Good plan.

Nice come back, I actually laughed. Seriously however I do realize there are other MOS's and other services that get outside the wire. And yes in Fallujah I almost got my face blown off a couple of times by guys in my own company let alone other BAT and CO. As for opening up on idiots in the middle of the night usually happens for 2 reasons. 1. The guy is so fucking scared of dying he shoots at anthing that moves.
    2. The guy see's you in the NVG or thermal yet your so super badass wannabe that you don't put a knew battery in your fucking flasher so you get shot at. Happened a few times that I saw. But, do explain what you are talking about ghost cause I am always up for story time. Where did you serve Stan or Iraq. You can PM me if you want. :argue: Oh and besides the point most of the guys are big and bad. They don't have to act it, thats who they are both in the night and during the day. :happy4:

shenbitt

Middleweight

Posted On:
    2/01/2006 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Firearms, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shenbitt
    Well you guys all could have saved yourselves some trouble and just joined the Marine Corps and been in the infantry to go kill people. Well I guess they do need guys to serve chow and give me rides to kill Muj. Have a great day.
    Fucking punk. Shut the **** up. Better yet, come down to 75th Regimental HQ and say that **** to my face.
    "We spoke to them in the only language they understood: the machine gun"

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:03pm

Style: BJJ boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    H Hooah, could you give some insight into what 97e is doing right now? I read its a flip of the coin whether you are tact. or stat. I'm interested in tact. thanks.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:15pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye
    Fucking punk. Shut the **** up. Better yet, come down to 75th Regimental HQ and say that **** to my face.
    So, uh, Hawkeye...what're ya trying to say there? :icon_wink

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 1:44pm

Style: BBT/Flinging poo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    with a 121 you will end up with Chinese or Arabic most likely. :) I'm an Arabic linguist, in theory. :confused2 I just got back from Afghanistan. The 97E's are either working in a holding facility or are on Tactical Humint Teams. The 98 series are doing some pretty hooah crap if they're in the right unit. LLVI's SUCK!!!! I am glad I'm not working on one of those. Other 98's are sitting in boxes on a base somewhere.

97 can be a lot of fun. You will have opportunities to get outside the wire with SpecOps as well as the regular grunts. We had Echos out with Marines, NAVSOF, SF, and even some ISAF folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtip inspector
    H Hooah, could you give some insight into what 97e is doing right now? I read its a flip of the coin whether you are tact. or stat. I'm interested in tact. thanks.

and humble, too!

Posted On:
    2/02/2006 2:13pm

Style: Systema, BJJ, Arrestling

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shenbitt
    Well you guys all could have saved yourselves some trouble and just joined the Marine Corps and been in the infantry to go kill people. Well I guess they do need guys to serve chow and give me rides to kill Muj. Have a great day.
    7/10

And that's only because you had the brains to go after guys you knew would bite, otherwise you would have been like a 3.

You are a disgrace to the Marine Corps, who, other than yourself, are a fine fighting force.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 5:12am

Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Qtip inspector
    I apologize for the late answer....

Strategic 97E? I don't think they really exist. I mean, how exactly do you collect human intelligence when sitting behind a desk in a building with no windows? Don't say listening to signals, because that becomes signals intelligence (all 98 series MOS). And don't say taking satellite pictures, because that falls under imagery intelligence (96D). The only way I know of to collect human intelligence (and I could be wrong) is to interact with humans.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 1:37pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    97E sits down face to face with bad guys/sources, so yes, you're gonna be tactical. I've been a 98G my whole career, and our unit changed over to HUMINT from SIGINT. Soooo, it looks like Huachuca is in my future, too...

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    2/04/2006 3:17pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In my brigade, well group 470th MI GRP, we have strategic 97Es. Not very many, but we do have them. I worked with them when I was down in Colombia this past december. Then again, we also have a seperate battalion of tactial humint teams. So you never know what you're gonna get. Oh and that whole thing about imagery analysts(96D) looking at satelite imagery is a load of shannagins, most of us wind up doing aerial sensor imagery, or like me collecting imagery while inside of an aerial sensor.
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 78 LastLast