01-03

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 8:41am

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you know 1SG Dewey? Big guy, spoke better korean then english.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 9:15am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I was there in '94-'95 and '01, respectively. First language was Polish, second was Farsi. They didn't have drill sergeants the first time I was there. It was...pretty lenient. Has some great parties.
    In '01, I was thankful I went as an NCO, because of all the bullshit the IET-ers had to put up with in addition to their language training. I don't know if putting drills at DLI was supposed to make the recruits more disciplined or what, but it fucking failed. We were a SHITLOAD more squared away than the kids I saw coming in six years later. You know it's bad when one of the PFC's you're in charge of refers to you as "leader-dude". And I'm an E5. I had to drag him out into the hall pretty quick on that one...:)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 11:45am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Did you know 1SG Dewey? Big guy, spoke better korean then english.
    Yeah, I knew 1SG Dewey. All he needed was an eyepatch and he'd be the living embodiment of Street Fighter's Sagat. Good man. He PCS'd to Korea around the time I left for Goodfellow. He was actually born in Korea (military brat), and I think his first language was Austrian, seeing as how he spoke like my home state's governator.

In '01, I was thankful I went as an NCO, because of all the bullshit the IET-ers had to put up with in addition to their language training. I don't know if putting drills at DLI was supposed to make the recruits more disciplined or what, but it fucking failed.
    You're right in most cases. I, however, had Drill Sergeant Tammy "Leviathan" Levitt. Tough lady, and a great NCO. I learned a lot from her.

I think the actual purpose of having the drills at DLI was because it sucked so much to be there for around two years, living like permanent party, then getting stuck in Goodfellow and have drill sergeants again. I heard that in the last couple years it got totally "TRADOCified", which entailed going everywhere with buddies, among other things.

(edited for bad grammar that was nagging me.)
    Last edited by HoratioHooah; 1/23/2006 11:47am at .

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    1/23/2006 5:34pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Yeah 1SG Dewey was my 1SG in korea. He was a nutball there. For being born in korea he sure hated that place. His mother lived in Seoul as she was korean and he would never vist her. He's actually Samoan/Korean, I'm just pretty sure he didn't speak any language very well. He was an interesting character though. He's at Ft. Lewis now.

Zombie Herald

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 12:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Alliance BJJ (Blue)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Going to be at Ft Benning with Bull on Thursday morning to workout with the Combatives guys, if any of you are around. Look for the goofy guy tagging along behind the really big guy. Come say hi, bitches.

(Will also be in Columbus/Phenix City, AL the night before working out at Alliance Phenix City)

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/24/2006 5:02pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I might go out, but I just found out I have guard duty tonight so it depends.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/29/2006 2:51pm

Style: Kaju, FMA, Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well you guys all could have saved yourselves some trouble and just joined the Marine Corps and been in the infantry to go kill people. Well I guess they do need guys to serve chow and give me rides to kill Muj. Have a great day.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 7:22am

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by shenbitt
    Well you guys all could have saved yourselves some trouble and just joined the Marine Corps and been in the infantry to go kill people. Well I guess they do need guys to serve chow and give me rides to kill Muj. Have a great day.
    During the day you can brag about how badass you are, and do all that stupid crap because we just ignore you anyways. As soon as night comes,that's when we come out and take care of business. Unfortunately, Marines our are worst enemy since even when we say "Hey were on your side" you still feel the need to open up on us in the middle of the night.

Can't say I blame you though, if I was a small force looking to be 'big and bad' I'd shoot everyone too. Good plan.
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/30/2006 9:48am

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uh huh. Riiiiiight. OF COURSE infantry is the only MOS/series going outside the wire. How silly of me!
    Wake up and realize you're not the only one who gets into the ****. EVERYONE gets their piece in this war. Well, maybe the fobbits don't, but who cares about them...:)
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 678 LastLast