U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/17/2006 9:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Kickboxing/Shooto

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garbanzo Bean
    Uncle Sam gets me on June 8th. I'm 98x (was going infantry, but I decided to change to linguist). As far as I know I'm just getting the standard 9 week Basic at Ft. Leonard Wood. I'm actually looking forward to combatives now. Thanks for sharing Ghost.

Good choice, not doing infantry man. VERY good choice. :)
    "did Phrost just call me a 'bitch'?"-Omega

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."
    - The all knowing Dochter

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 1:22pm

supporting member
     Style: Judo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Uncle Sam gets me on June 8th. I'm 98x (was going infantry, but I decided to change to linguist). As far as I know I'm just getting the standard 9 week Basic at Ft. Leonard Wood. I'm actually looking forward to combatives now. Thanks for sharing Ghost.
    That's a tricky MOS. You'll either wind up as a 98G which means you'll never get past E4 because your points are ridiculously high, or you'll be a 98C and never use your language skills. It's like everyother job in the military though, it can be kick ass or blow hard core. I'm a 96D, I thought I'd have a nice office job. Instead I ride around in a plane over Colombia looking for cocaine.

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:21pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by D Dempsey
    That's a tricky MOS. You'll either wind up as a 98G which means you'll never get past E4 because your points are ridiculously high, or you'll be a 98C and never use your language skills. It's like everyother job in the military though, it can be kick ass or blow hard core. I'm a 96D, I thought I'd have a nice office job. Instead I ride around in a plane over Colombia looking for cocaine.
    At least your not stuck in a garison unit for 1 year like me.

"The collective IQ of bullshido was reduced with the departure of Wastrel. It further dropped due to the retention of (Serious Harm)."

"but like, it's possible to develop such a level of reflex that you can literally detect someones movements through sensitivity, and block without even thinking"-Apostol

That's the amazing thing about Ninjas, for sneeky cocksuckers, they are all over the place, like dog **** on your shoe.-Ronin69

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 8:48pm

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    **** both of ya. At least you're not in TRADOC.

This is the most ASININE enviorment I've ever been in. I'd trade with each of you in a heart beat. You'd then both hate me for life for coming here.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Monkey Knife Fight!

Posted On:
    1/18/2006 11:38pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    **** both of ya. At least you're not in TRADOC.

This is the most ASININE enviorment I've ever been in. I'd trade with each of you in a heart beat. You'd then both hate me for life for coming here.
    You win. Ft. Bliss is a TRADOC post, but my unit doesn't have to deal with a lot of since we're kind of removed from the rest of post. Asia do you work in one of the training companies? If you do you have my sympathy... That **** totally blows.

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 1:23am

supporting memberforum leader
     Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Ghost
    Good choice, not doing infantry man. VERY good choice. :)
    Yeah . . . I scored well on the ASVAB and the DLAB, and the language training seemed like something worth doing, so it made sense to switch. The job description is kind of vague, but I hope I get to do something worthwhile.

Dempsey: I've heard the **** about 98(G) not getting promoted past E4. I'm going in with a college degree, so that's an automatic E4. I am going for 98(G) as of right now, but I guess we'll see if the people making that call agree with me.

Actually, do you know much about how they choose 98(C)s and 98(G)s? My recruiter is a good guy, but he couldn't tell me much about that.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:04am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You're screwed! Get ready for a life of boredom and D&D/WoW nerds!

Pray for a tactical unit, because strategic will make you want to tear your eyes out.

<----98G CM, but I'll be a free man this summer

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 7:23am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You win. Ft. Bliss is a TRADOC post, but my unit doesn't have to deal with a lot of since we're kind of removed from the rest of post. Asia do you work in one of the training companies? If you do you have my sympathy... That **** totally blows.
    Yeah I am currently an Instructor/Writer teaching the 25U course.

HELP ME!!!!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

U.S. Army

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 10:45am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    Yeah I am currently an Instructor/Writer teaching the 25U course.

HELP ME!!!!

HElp is on the way! Oh wait...no im not, because im stuck to..

HELP ME!:qright7: :qright7:

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/19/2006 3:03pm

Style: BJJ, MACP (hiatus)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    98G Persian Farsi here. Hey, I got past SPC...just took fucking forever. I soooo have to get my warrant packet in...

Oh, and thanks for the link to the combatives school. I'm teaching a block this weekend, but I really need to get certified.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123 4567 ... LastLast