Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 9:43pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hahahaha...nice one troll...you just insulted two posters who are both well known off-line as incredible fighters...I'm sure either of them would be willing to hand you your ass. (Search button Noob!)

As per your questions...first you need to grow a pair...then you perhaps you won't have such a pathetic fear of women. Actually...you might like the Martialist...seems like it might be more your speed and tone (do you fear the homeless too?)

Second question...BJJ beats Spazfoo any day of the week.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Senior Administrator

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 9:45pm

staff
     Style: JKD, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Thanks bwerb, but I am not an "incredible fighter". I'm a journeyman fighter, with some gifts. The stubbornness of stone, for instance.
    Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Canuckistanian Refugee

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 9:54pm

supporting member
     Style: BJJ, JKD Concepts, Kali

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    JKDChick...compaired to our nutless wonder here who's scared of girls who know how to hit...a woman with a BJJ blue belt is so far beyond his comprehensional skills of awesomeness (sic) that the word incredible should just about cover all he needs to know in terms he "might" understand.

grin.
    The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposing ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function.
    ~F. Scott Fitzgerald

Whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, smashing things up is sometimes very pleasant.
    ~Fyodor Dostoyevsky

Grandmaster Sensei of Village Idiocy

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:02pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Kyokushin and Judo.

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwerb
    Hahahaha...nice one troll...you just insulted two posters who are both well known off-line as incredible fighters...I'm sure either of them would be willing to hand you your ass. (Search button Noob!)
    Don't exaggerate.

To the new guy I just have to say relax. There is no need to feel insecure around women. WOmen attracted to fighting arts normally are assertive and aggressive and admire those qualities in others. Just treat them like anyone else.

Secondly someone else's comment was right on the money. Your full contact competition styles have a good track record of turning out quality fighters, so go with them. But sometimes you just have to go with whats available in your area.

WHat styles do you have access to ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:16pm

Style: Untrained

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by bwerb
    JKDChick...compaired to our nutless wonder here who's scared of girls who know how to hit...a woman with a BJJ blue belt is so far beyond his comprehensional skills of awesomeness (sic) that the word incredible should just about cover all he needs to know in terms he "might" understand.

grin.

I apologize.
    To the other guy who suggested a few martial arts:
    The particular woman in question who is 5'4, 110 lbs, doesnt just know how to hit. She's a 3rd dan Shotokan and claims to have trained for 20 years, 15 of which were in japan. She's at least 40 years old.

With my bone structure, I give college football players a run for the money. I'm 6'3, my legs, from waist to floor, are 46 inches, ground to chin, is 68 inches, and arm length is 32 inches from top of shoulder blades to the end of the hand. I'm well-designed for hitting at a distance, and possibly wrapping people up. My trunk, waist to neck, is very small.

I do the following workouts right now, just started back lifting weights after an off-period of a few years.
    1st week- 2 days of 35 * 20lb bicep curls per arm, 5 * 30 lb bicep curls, 25 * 20lb wrist curls, and then 5 * 30 lb wrist curls; 3 days of 120 pushups straight, then 3 sets of 35. Each of the 5 days, my workout is punctuated with 160 forward situps.
    Each week, I alternated between the 2 days of weight training, and 3 days pushups, 3-2, then 2-3.

No pool or running workouts yet.

The 75 inches of my height is without shoes, so slightly taller on the streets. My shoe size is 12/1/2 to 13, i wear a 13 for more comfortable fit. that would affect the amount of damage I could inflict on a street situation that turns to stomping.
    Last edited by ace_skippy; 1/11/2006 10:30pm at .

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:31pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_skippy
    Sorry, talk big behind the computer, but I'd surely lay you out off of the computer, training or no training. Tell your mom to STFU.: )
    Actually both of them are regular attending Throwdown Fighters who would lay you out in a second. You're untrained, they've proven they can beat the crap out of TRAINED people bigger than you.

Not trying to be mean, just stating how it is. JFS and JKDchick talk the way they do because they've earned it. Everyone should fear them.

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:33pm

Style: Sanda, BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by ace_skippy
    I apologize.
    To the other guy who suggested a few martial arts:
    The particular woman in question who is 5'4, 110 lbs, doesnt just know how to hit. She's a 3rd dan Shotokan and claims to have trained for 20 years, 15 of which were in japan. She's at least 40 years old.

With my bone structure, I give college football players a run for the money. I'm 6'3, my legs, from waist to floor, are 46 inches, ground to chin, is 68 inches, and arm length is 32 inches from top of shoulder blades to the end of the hand. I'm well-designed for hitting at a distance, and possibly wrapping people up. My trunk, waist to neck, is very small.

I do the following workouts right now, just started back lifting weights after an off-period of a few years.
    1st week- 2 days of 35 * 20lb bicep curls per arm, 5 * 30 lb bicep curls, 25 * 20lb wrist curls, and then 5 * 30 lb wrist curls; 3 days of 120 pushups straight, then 3 sets of 35. Each of the 5 days, my workout is punctuated with 160 forward situps.
    Each week, I alternated between the 2 days of weight training, and 3 days pushups, 3-2, then 2-3.

No pool or running workouts yet.

The 75 inches of my height is without shoes, so slightly taller on the streets. My shoe size is 12/1/2 to 13, i wear a 13 for more comfortable fit. that would affect the amount of damage I could inflict on a street situation that turns to stomping.
    Belt Rank normally means squat when it comes to actual fighting proficiency. 3rd Dan in Shotokan could rock or suck. Look for a school that competes in some form of HARD contact fighting like SanShou, American Kickboxing, Submission Grappling, or MMA. These schools will have the tough guys and girls.

Attend a class, and if you feel it's for you, stick with it.
    Good luck.
    Last edited by TehDeadlyDimMak; 1/11/2006 10:37pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:43pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by TehDeadlyDimMak
    Actually both of them are regular attending Throwdown Fighters who would lay you out in a second. You're untrained, they've proven they can beat the crap out of TRAINED people bigger than you.

Not trying to be mean, just stating how it is. JFS and JKDchick talk the way they do because they've earned it. Everyone should fear them.
    I should have clarieid that statement. I'm referring to streetfights, I doubt they could. In their domain, I would lose, no doubt, even to a 100 lb woman who has more grappling experience. However, I would systematically demolish them in a streetfight, a domain in which I have lots of experience.

Although martial arts is incredible, I've seen enough streetfights involving BLACKBELTS to know that it means squat on the street. I'll give Muay Thai a bit of credit, as its very good for streetfighting.

Also, big and trained doesnt necessarily mean strength and maneuvarability, of which I have both in abundance. Also, speed. In a ring situation, I would not have to move around that much to cover a comparable distance as my opponent, and would require elss extension of my legs proportional to my body height to kick my opponent.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:47pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Belt Rank normally means squat when it comes to actual fighting proficiency. 3rd Dan in Shotokan could rock or suck. Look for a school that competes in some form of HARD contact fighting like SanShou, American Kickboxing, Submission Grappling, or MMA. These schools will have the tough guys and girls.

Good luck.
    I agree about those being tough schools. However, in a fight thats primarily caused by bad blood and not a friendly fight can get ugly for anyone, regardless of training. At some point, during a fight, you feel no pain when motivated by those issues.
    In summary, I say that rage and aggression can be the ultimate decider when the untrained person outweights and is much talller than the skilled person. and yes, I know it could work both ways.
    Hit a fat guy/girl, it hardly hurts them.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 10:49pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    HARD contact fighting like SanShou, American Kickboxing, Submission Grappling, or MMA. These schools will have the tough guys and girls.

Good luck.
    Thats what football is, essentially, if you played any good position like wide receiver (my position), where hits come fast and furious. Im confident I could sit through whatever discipline I choose. I'm leaning towards kyokushin, since its supposed to be more fighting-intensive than shotokan, and is a Japanese TMA as well.
Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst 12 34561252 ... LastLast