Posted On:
    1/11/2006 4:33pm

Bullshido Newbie
     Style: Muay Thai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Spoilt for choice!

Hi,

Was wondering if I could have some thoughts...

I'm off to Bangkok in March for a month to train Muay Thai - but struggling to decide where to go...

I've narrowed it down to Fairtex, - which looks great, but is twice as expensive as anywhere else. Also, I'm told its quite commercial - though don't know if thats necessarily a bad thing. They do say I'll get one on one training, which would be a big plus. The other places I'm looking at are half the price.

Sor. Voraping (http://www.thaiboxings.com/) - looks like a great club (and I saw them on an Ong Bak dvd in the extras) , though I've read other reviews saying that sometimes its very busy - and difficult to get instruction.

I also found Sasiprapa (www.muaythaisasiprapa.com) - which I hadn't heard of before, but corresponding with them - they seem very friendly, non-commercial and a predominantly Thai camp.

I really struggle to decide - its probably going to be a once in a life time trip, so I really want to make the most of it. I'm not that fit yet, so am sure wherever I go - I will find the training challenging...

Any thoughts, advice would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,
    Steve

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 7:00am

Style: None at Present

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    If i'm correct, and I am by no means an authority, most of the places in Thailand and Bangkok for Muay Thai will be awesome, and I doubt there will be that much between them, so you'll get a cool place wherever you go...

However, correct me if i'm wrong someone, but don't alot of the big names (in Muay Thai, and also foreigners that participate in MMA, and such) train at Fairtex? That's probably why it's expensive, and my thoughts are that unless you need such top quality training, any other cheaper place, might do better whilst saving you money...

Personally I love Bangkok, I'd recommend checking out Khao San road if you have the time.