222420 Bullies, 4515 online  
  • Register
Our Sponsors:

Results 71 to 80 of 102
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast
Sponsored Links Spacer Image
  1. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 8:37pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colin_linz
    I was not making a statement, that was why I used the question mark.
    Really? You were asking a question? Gee, and here I really thought you were making a statement. What language do they speak in Australia. Yeah, it's official you're an idiot.
  2. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 8:45pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    i think its frustrating to me that everyone on here shits on kenpo, this is why i never got back into martial arts and makes me want to hit a martial artist in the head with a bat, and im sick of hearing about BJJ!!!!!!! for me this is all new and to see so many conflicting stories and opinions pisses me off!

    Too bad you got banned because I was going to ream you. I never bagged on kempo.
  3. colin_linz is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    13

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:31pm


     Style: Shorininji Kempo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Really? You were asking a question? Gee, and here I really thought you were making a statement. What language do they speak in Australia. Yeah, it's official you're an idiot.
    OK, so you did notice I asked a question. Why did you respond like I had made a statement? It was a genuine question. Is this forum about honest exchanges of information and discussion, or is it just to sprout a load of bullshit. How would I know what American forms of kempo do? I donít study them and have had no real exposure to their training, so I asked the question because from the line of discussions it seemed unclear. You could have answered my question or you could have made a smart assed comment at my lack of knowledge. The fact you responded the way you did tells me all I need to know about you.
  4. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:42pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    *snicker, obviously not enough dude. Here's a fucking dollar get a sense of fucking humor.
  5. Clyde is offline
    Clyde's Avatar

    Kenpo Instructor

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    583

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 10:36pm

    supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    Nick Cerio died a couple years ago, but he did have a decent reputation in the kenpo world. Largely, because he studied under William Chow and Ed Parker.

    There are problems in kenpo that you should be aware of.
    1st is they rely on mediocre training methods such as forms, sets and compliant techniques. To learn fighting you must actually fight.


    There is also a real "street" mentality that often justifies not actually sparring in class; afterall, they're not training for the ring are they?



    "The Perfect Weapon" was a vehicle for Ed Parker/Jeff Speakman to promote American Kenpo and really shouldn't be a reason to study the art.

    As a general rule you'd be better off going to a boxing or MMA studio over kenpo.
    Sometimes, there's nothing to say but Shut The **** Up Noob. I'ts obvious you have no idea what Kenpo brings to the table, and I'm fully aware of the problem in the pedagogy (yea, go look it up).


    Ed Parker never trained Nick Cerio, he certified his rank, period.

    We don't ALL rely on mediocre training methods dipshit, some of us put it out at the Throwdowns, and I haven't seen your name mentioned from any of them. And if you'd like to try me, come to one, I'll be waiting. I don't train for the ring because I have a job, but why don't you come see what I have to be sure.



    Correctamundo on "The Perfect Weapon", it was a Kenpo commercial, and sadly, Jeff's best movie that he thought was just a kid's movie after it came out.

    Now, go find another fucking sandbox to **** in would ya?

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

    Put down your purse!

    Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

    "For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

    --"How McPherson Held the Floor"
  6. BumFu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    223

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 10:55pm


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colin_linz
    I would have to disagree with most of your statements. Shorinji Kempo uses very few patterns and what patterns they have are very simple, they are only methods of learning/practising different ways of moving and dodging......

    We block completely different to Karate.
    I should have qualified my statements to apply only to some lineages of kenpo; obviously I'm not familiar with your branch.
  7. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    1/12/2006 11:03pm

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Sometimes, there's nothing to say but Shut The **** Up Noob. I'ts obvious you have no idea what Kenpo brings to the table, and I'm fully aware of the problem in the pedagogy (yea, go look it up).


    Ed Parker never trained Nick Cerio, he certified his rank, period.

    We don't ALL rely on mediocre training methods dipshit, some of us put it out at the Throwdowns, and I haven't seen your name mentioned from any of them. And if you'd like to try me, come to one, I'll be waiting. I don't train for the ring because I have a job, but why don't you come see what I have to be sure.



    Correctamundo on "The Perfect Weapon", it was a Kenpo commercial, and sadly, Jeff's best movie that he thought was just a kid's movie after it came out.

    Now, go find another fucking sandbox to **** in would ya?

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    About time you chimed in you old ****... :deadhorse
  8. BumFu is offline

    Registered Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    223

    Posted On:
    1/13/2006 2:36am


     Style: None

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde
    Sometimes, there's nothing to say but Shut The **** Up Noob. I'ts obvious you have no idea what Kenpo brings to the table, and I'm fully aware of the problem in the pedagogy (yea, go look it up).


    Ed Parker never trained Nick Cerio, he certified his rank, period.

    We don't ALL rely on mediocre training methods dipshit, some of us put it out at the Throwdowns, and I haven't seen your name mentioned from any of them. And if you'd like to try me, come to one, I'll be waiting. I don't train for the ring because I have a job, but why don't you come see what I have to be sure.



    Correctamundo on "The Perfect Weapon", it was a Kenpo commercial, and sadly, Jeff's best movie that he thought was just a kid's movie after it came out.

    Now, go find another fucking sandbox to **** in would ya?

    Have a great Kenpo day

    Clyde
    Clyde, glad you would give me your divine attention. Have you been able to no-touch KO anyone yet like your teacher?

    You really didn't make any points in your little rant so there isn't much to rebut. In fact I debated whether to even respond to you given that you didn't respond to anything I said. Your posts are so stupid as to be self discrediting.

    Thanks for the offer to teach me the real kenpo. Can you teach me to KO someone without touching them so I can be just like your teacher (it bore repeating that Larry Tatum is KO'ing people without touching them)?

    Perhaps I could teach you how to sprawl so that you won't get taken down by some 50-year-old shooting a half-assed double leg; actually hitting both knees and driving the wrong way. Makes me wonder what a wrestler both younger and larger would do to you.

    Your whole post could've been avoided had you seen my later post. And did you get the message about ceasing the STFU noob garbage?

    Perhaps you took offense to my opinion on forms. Sorry to say that I'm not the epitome of what a MA should be, don't even train formally anymore, so my opinion doesn't mean much. However, if you really want to prove the value of your forms/sets/etc here is an idea: Matt Thornton has made a living of preaching about aliveness and against things like kata. Why don't you storm up to his gym and kick his ass so that he will understand the true genius of your system. That way he will tell everyone about the glory of kenpo and all SBG locations will switch to kenpo. This will promote kenpo more than anything else you can do. Video too please.

    Alternatively, you could kick ass in the MMA circuit-- that'd do just as well. It'd be really great if you could knock people down without touching them like your teacher does.

    There must be something about kenpo that attracts unstable people. I mean Steve Spry is just nuts. Mike Pick has a family history of mental illness as his excuse. Then there is you. Did I mention that Larry Tatum is doing no-touch KO's (I don't think we can emphasize that enough)?

    BTW why did Parker kick your teacher out of his association? Was Larry doing no-touch KO's or something?-- cuz that's as good a reason as any.
  9. Omega Supreme is offline

    Administrator

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    22,957

    Posted On:
    1/13/2006 4:45am

    staff
     Style: Chinese Boxing

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    Clyde, glad you would give me your divine attention. Have you been able to no-touch KO anyone yet like your teacher?

    You really didn't make any points in your little rant so there isn't much to rebut. In fact I debated whether to even respond to you given that you didn't respond to anything I said. Your posts are so stupid as to be self discrediting.

    Thanks for the offer to teach me the real kenpo. Can you teach me to KO someone without touching them so I can be just like your teacher (it bore repeating that Larry Tatum is KO'ing people without touching them)?

    Perhaps I could teach you how to sprawl so that you won't get taken down by some 50-year-old shooting a half-assed double leg; actually hitting both knees and driving the wrong way. Makes me wonder what a wrestler both younger and larger would do to you.

    Your whole post could've been avoided had you seen my later post. And did you get the message about ceasing the STFU noob garbage?

    Perhaps you took offense to my opinion on forms. Sorry to say that I'm not the epitome of what a MA should be, don't even train formally anymore, so my opinion doesn't mean much. However, if you really want to prove the value of your forms/sets/etc here is an idea: Matt Thornton has made a living of preaching about aliveness and against things like kata. Why don't you storm up to his gym and kick his ass so that he will understand the true genius of your system. That way he will tell everyone about the glory of kenpo and all SBG locations will switch to kenpo. This will promote kenpo more than anything else you can do. Video too please.

    Alternatively, you could kick ass in the MMA circuit-- that'd do just as well. It'd be really great if you could knock people down without touching them like your teacher does.

    There must be something about kenpo that attracts unstable people. I mean Steve Spry is just nuts. Mike Pick has a family history of mental illness as his excuse. Then there is you. Did I mention that Larry Tatum is doing no-touch KO's (I don't think we can emphasize that enough)?

    BTW why did Parker kick your teacher out of his association? Was Larry doing no-touch KO's or something?-- cuz that's as good a reason as any.
    Geez, where the **** did all these dumbfucks suddenly come from!??!?!?!?

    Why don't you get your lips unlocked from Thorton's ass and stop riding the fuckers tail coat. To educate your fucking ass many experianced kickboxers have a real strong kempo background especially here on the west coast. This **** about kempo not practicing aliveness is like saying bjj only fights from its back. It's bullshit.

    The fucking kata debate has been done to death but if kata was really that obsolete then why shadow box. You're not hitting anything, you have no resistance. Huh, so much for practical training. I'm so fucking tired of this aliveness crap. I've seen the arguements that Thorton has put forward and if they weren't so far to the left I'd agree with the ****. I'm with Clyde on this one STFU; newb or not you're coming off as a fucking moron. I hate tooting my own horn but what I said is essentially true, it doesn't matter what style or system you train in if it doesn't offer what you want it's useless to you. If you want a fucking effective fighting system then you train with somebody who likes to train people how to fight. Gee, that's basically what muay thai, mma and boxing gyms do. If you want to compete in grappling then you go to a grappling school. Should be obvious but apparently not to most of you fucks. The guy wanted to know what we thought of Cerio Kempo not Kempo as a whole because as our Aussie friend has been trying to tell you fucks it's about as generalized as saying kung-fu or karate. So go find another thread where you might contribute someting useful like the "I've been fucked in the ass by too many Canadian" thread. That's where all the rest of the 1 brain celled members seem to be posting.
  10. Clyde is offline
    Clyde's Avatar

    Kenpo Instructor

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Phoenix AZ
    Posts
    583

    Posted On:
    1/13/2006 5:20am

    supporting member
     Style: American Kenpo

    --
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by BumFu
    Clyde, glad you would give me your divine attention. Have you been able to no-touch KO anyone yet like your teacher?

    You really didn't make any points in your little rant so there isn't much to rebut. In fact I debated whether to even respond to you given that you didn't respond to anything I said. Your posts are so stupid as to be self discrediting.

    Thanks for the offer to teach me the real kenpo. Can you teach me to KO someone without touching them so I can be just like your teacher (it bore repeating that Larry Tatum is KO'ing people without touching them)?

    Perhaps I could teach you how to sprawl so that you won't get taken down by some 50-year-old shooting a half-assed double leg; actually hitting both knees and driving the wrong way. Makes me wonder what a wrestler both younger and larger would do to you.

    Your whole post could've been avoided had you seen my later post. And did you get the message about ceasing the STFU noob garbage?

    Perhaps you took offense to my opinion on forms. Sorry to say that I'm not the epitome of what a MA should be, don't even train formally anymore, so my opinion doesn't mean much. However, if you really want to prove the value of your forms/sets/etc here is an idea: Matt Thornton has made a living of preaching about aliveness and against things like kata. Why don't you storm up to his gym and kick his ass so that he will understand the true genius of your system. That way he will tell everyone about the glory of kenpo and all SBG locations will switch to kenpo. This will promote kenpo more than anything else you can do. Video too please.

    Alternatively, you could kick ass in the MMA circuit-- that'd do just as well. It'd be really great if you could knock people down without touching them like your teacher does.

    There must be something about kenpo that attracts unstable people. I mean Steve Spry is just nuts. Mike Pick has a family history of mental illness as his excuse. Then there is you. Did I mention that Larry Tatum is doing no-touch KO's (I don't think we can emphasize that enough)?

    BTW why did Parker kick your teacher out of his association? Was Larry doing no-touch KO's or something?-- cuz that's as good a reason as any.

    OK, you're just another misinformed fucktard troll on the east coast, and you guys are all over the place over there for some reason.

    Larry doesn't do no touch knockouts, never has, and we always get a giggle when we talk about Steve Stewart (who BTW, Frank Trejo is training).

    Have a shitty day

    Clyde
    Saving Kenpo souls one at a time!

    Put down your purse!

    Speed is fine, but accuracy is final. Wyatt Earp, 1888

    "For certain 'tis a shameful spite, and dreadful to the heart,
    For an Irishman to see a fight, and not be taking part."

    --"How McPherson Held the Floor"
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 91011 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Powered by vBulletin™© contact@vbulletin.com vBulletin Solutions, Inc. 2011 All rights reserved.