Sponsored Links Spacer Image

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 3:27pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Satori
    People say Ke?po is **** because they either jump on the bandwagon opinion of others, they saw a poor instructor, or they studied under a poor instructor.

Simple as that.

The sad thing is that while most disillusioned students that studied under poor instructors are usually more than willing to experience quality instruction with an open mind, the other group of bandwagon circle-jerkers tend to purposely turn a blind eye and deaf ear to quality practitioners and hardcore schools.

Instructors like Clyde routinely show up at throwdowns and beat people up, and Ke?po schools with full-contact sparring and cross training have been found...but the idea of something other than <insert flamer's style> providing quality instruction is...unfathomable.

Form your own opinion. Go there, study, work hard, don't sign a contract, then come back and give your analysis.
    thanks for ya opinion, so far from reading alot on here i see alot of dick riding....

who is clyde? id probaly be on the right path if i talked with him seeing how someone else said he is all knowing of kenpo

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 4:09pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Da SHreDdA
    who is clyde? id probaly be on the right path if i talked with him seeing how someone else said he is all knowing of kenpo
    As someone has already told you to. . .go PM him!
    F.Y.I. Here's his site

`~/
    Last edited by Meex; 1/12/2006 4:12pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 4:29pm

Style: Shorininji Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by omega
    Do Aussies look like their talking from their ass?

Answer: Yes.

Dude, think before you ask these questions. Now put you thumb back in your mouth and let the adults talk.

Ciero's kenpo spawned some interesting lineages here the state. Aside from one I tend to turn my nose up at a lot of his stuff. Sort of 'nothing new' disdain if you will.

Patfromlogan, Meex, and Clyde could probably give you the best insight on it. Like I said before if you haven't taken the time to actually just go to the school do some training and see if it encompasses you needs and wants than you're just wasting your time asking about this ****. Instructors are different no matter what system they teach. Come back with a report.
    I was not making a statement, that was why I used the question mark. From the comments made by other posters it seemed like they were saying kempo is crap and that he should do an art that has sparing. I genuinely have no idea of what training methods are used by kempo styles in America, other than those practiced at Shorinji Kempo branches. I know that American kempo styles are very popular in America, but please remember that in Australia there are very few American type kempo schools. I would have been surprised that American systems didnít spar, but that was the inference from other posters, hence the question.

Iím also surprised that many people are condemning kempo, but appear to do so with only a superficial understanding of what kempo is or because it is not well represented in UFC type competitions.

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 4:45pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Iím also surprised that many people are condemning kempo, but appear to do so with only a superficial understanding of what kempo is or because it is not well represented in UFC type competitions.
    The entire reason Kempo has a bad rap on Bullshido.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 4:47pm

Style: Shorininji Kempo

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Colin Linz is a veteran from other martial arts forums, and he's consistently proven himself to be a respectful, knowledgeable, and intelligent practitioner. He's also one of the few Shorinji Kempo practitioners that bother to participate in internet forums in an attempt to inform others about his art.

So leave him the **** alone, unless you want to drive away every single "Forum Immigrant" that comes over here with the hope of participating in productive, uncensored discussion.

Bah, don't mind me. I'm just pissed that you aren't coming to the throwdown this saturday.
    Hi Satori, itís nice to see a familiar face.

Loving Father

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 5:19pm

supporting member
     Style: Tao Ga

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by colin_linz
    Chuck Liddel's trainer, John Hackleman, has hawaiian Kempo, Kajukenbo lineages. . .
    not too sure what Chuck himself is actually made of/claiming.
    omega might know.

`~/
    Last edited by Meex; 1/12/2006 5:22pm at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 5:33pm

Style: whatever it takes

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    i just read a FAQ on kenpo

what i dont get is why people on this site think kenpo is trash, they call it slap fighting and that simply is not the case, they train for hand speed and accuracy, to where you get at least 10 hits in , in about 3 seconds....like to see a bjj guy get monkey and jump on someones back when he is getting knocked out

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 5:35pm

Style: Aunkai

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    People say Ke?po is **** because they either jump on the bandwagon opinion of others, they saw a poor instructor, or they studied under a poor instructor.

Simple as that.

The sad thing is that while most disillusioned students that studied under poor instructors are usually more than willing to experience quality instruction with an open mind, the other group of bandwagon circle-jerkers tend to purposely turn a blind eye and deaf ear to quality practitioners and hardcore schools.

Instructors like Clyde routinely show up at throwdowns and beat people up, and Ke?po schools with full-contact sparring and cross training have been found...but the idea of something other than <insert flamer's style> providing quality instruction is...unfathomable.

Form your own opinion. Go there, study, work hard, don't sign a contract, then come back and give your analysis.

can I copy and paste your post a couple hundred times on bullshido?

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 5:48pm

Style: BJJ

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Only if you put, "Ke?po Wins!" after each post.

:D

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 6:06pm

Style: Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    You want to learn Kem/nPo cause of Jeff Speakman? If your a kid thats cool. If your over the age of 14, thats retarded. I wanted to box cause of Rocky, but I was a little kid.

Fast chain punching looks cool, but its a technique that only works:
    A) Cause your opponent completely sucks
    B) You caught you opponent with a good shot, hurt him semi-badly and chain punch to overwhelm him while he's hurt.

A big problem with this kinda punching is if you don't KO him,the ref doesn't stop it (assuming its not a street fight) or you don't use it to set up some big KO shots, you will end up tiring yourself out.
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 6789 ... LastLast