Sponsored Links Spacer Image

OFFICIAL Mayor of Cwcville

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 5:57pm

supporting member
     Style: Electricity, Speed

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    In many CMA circles, proper ettiquette involves the pupil providing equal attention to both the grandmaster's balls and his dick with proper allocation of tongue movement.
    Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

I am a Ninja bitches!! Deal with it

Posted On:
    1/11/2006 6:05pm

Join us... or die
     Style: Improv comedy

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Criticizing is one thing,it gets really bad when you kill someone's master cause then they're all like

"You Killed my Master!"

And your like

"His baboon King Fu was ineffectual and weak."

Then he'll be all

"My Red Ass Baboon technique shall defeat you! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!"

And you'll be all

"Ha Ha My Kicking Camel style is way too powerful for the likes of you! Yaaaaaaaaaa!!!"

And then you'll have to engage in an epic battle flying threw the air and trees.

Much simpler to avoid the whole silly mess and don't critique or kill anyone's 'Master'
    Last edited by Goju - Joe; 1/12/2006 10:28am at .

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 8:48am

Style: Ex-HFYWC, MMA

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy
    Google search for "action magazine" doesn't yield any relevant hits, which is strange for a mag published in 2001.
    I never heard of "Action" magazine before either.

It looks like this might be what they're talking about, as it is a California/Nevada "lifestyle" magazine:

A picture speaks a thousand words they say....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Action3Coverweb.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	295.0 KB 
ID:	4840  

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:05am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I really hope this isn't the "Action" magazine they're talking about, LOL!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	actiongirls2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	4841  

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:08am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    Question: Is the Grandmaster of a System outside the bounds of criticism?

LINK

To which one of the Hung Fa Yi guys responded:

Although I didn't criticize "Grandmaster Gee" in my post, I'm curious:

Does "proper etiquette" really make him or any other grandmaster immune to criticism?

Why or why not?

If he is not YOUR Grandmaster then you really don't have to show them anymore common courtesy than you would anyone else. Yes it is nice to respect them if they legitimately paid their dues but NOONE is above critizism. If you think something is fishy you have every right to say so.But one thing to keep in mind is that for the most part its not the individuals themselves that spread tall tails its their fanbase.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:22am

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    But one thing to keep in mind is that for the most part its not the individuals themselves that spread tall tails its their fanbase.
    That's certainly the case!

And, of course, as time goes by and the tale gets repeated over and over and over, a 5'5" 150 lbs. dude with 3 years of experience in Preying Mantis becomes a 6'6" 300 lbs. dude with 10 years experience.
    Last edited by GhostDog68; 1/12/2006 9:57am at .

My guns bigger than Scrapper's!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 9:28am

supporting member
     Style: Kakutogi

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by GhostDog68
    That's certainly the case!

And, of course, as time goes by and the tale get repeated over and over and over, a 5'5" 150 lbs. dude with 3 years of experience in Preying Mantis becomes a 6'6" 300 lbs. dude with 10 years experience.
    Yep. Which is why I am kind of anxious to see what pple will say bout MMA fithters in about 20 ~30 yrs form now. At least we have video of fights which will hopefully keep things close to the truth.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 10:24am

Style: Aikido

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Its true that noone is above questioning, but if they are sincere and real, ie their kung fu works, then question respectfully. However the farther you get from the source of the style or system the more trust you put in second hand reports like: video, or from a student of said grandmaster, or a book... so who knows? If the stuff works, thats what is important. That is why it is good to keep records of a tradition and traditional schools should keep records and make them open and available for review. I dig old films of masters, whether it is demo or hardcore, some are lame and some rock. You learn what works, and what doesn't, and try to improve YOUR kung fu.

Dark Overlord of the Bullshido Underworld

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 2:36pm

supporting member
     Style: Taai Si Ji Kung Fu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by LORD ASIA
    But one thing to keep in mind is that for the most part its not the individuals themselves that spread tall tails its their fanbase.
    I don't think this is usually as benign as you make it sound. Your comment reminds me of something Marc MacYoung wrote about why your observation seems to be the case more often than not:

"... the Bitch Patrol serves a very important purpose in that they protect his image and charisma. They engage in bad behavior for him. This is done in such a way that the blame falls on them, not the Master. The Master can be all smiles and friendliness while the bitch patrol is beating people into submission. They are not only the enforcers of group think, but deeply enmeshed in the running of the organization. As such, what the Master gives, they take away. So in the end the Master doesn't have to give away anything, but still looks good.

"The Bitch Patrol serves the very important function of keeping you -- an unworthy supplicant -- from pestering the Master with your petty problems. Although the Master may seem approachable, you can only talk to him about inconsequential things or perhaps sit in a relaxed setting and listen to him pontificate. If you try to bring up a serious problem, the Bitch Patrol will coalesce around him to keep you away. They will literally run interference for him to keep you away. ...

"...The Bitch Patrol not only insulates the Master from the masses, but through their constant bickering, backstabbing, in-fighting, politics and jockeying for position to be next to the Master, they ensure that the Master remains on top. Making sure the energy of the Bitch Patrol is focused on other schools and each other is what keeps the Master in control. ..."

-- excerpted from http://www.nononsenseselfdefense.com/cults.htm

Ultimately, you need to look at the overall pattern. While every organization can have their share of assholes (and sometimes more than their share), I think it would be important to try and objectively look at whether it is a pattern of behavior before giving the person in charge a pass for a few unruly students.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 3:00pm

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kagan
    Ultimately, you need to look at the overall pattern. While every organization can have their share of assholes (and sometimes more than their share), I think it would be important to try and objectively look at whether it is a pattern of behavior before giving the person in charge a pass for a few unruly students.
    Interesting post.

I like that "bitch patrol" stuff.

Sounds familiar.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 12 34 LastLast