I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 4:23am

supporting member
     Style: Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!

Screw You Radioshack!

In case any (or all) of you are unaware of the current rebate scam radioshack is involved in, heres a summary.

The evening of December 22nd, Radioshacks website displays the Axion 3.6" personal DVD player for $-5.01. The player, which is originally $129.99, has a $65 rebate, and a $70 rebate, equalling NEGATIVE $5.01.

heres a documented .pdf of this advertisement

Both rebates are valid ONLY for purchases the day of 12/23. Seeing this, I spent the effort the next morning to wake up BEFORE NOON and proceed to my local Radioshack where I purchased 5 of them (the maximum allowable). After tax, a total of $716 was spent. Several hundred people in the same boat as I called the radioshack rebate center to confirm that both rebates would be honored. They were assured that there was no mistake, and both rebates would be honored. Now, 2 weeks later, Radioshack is saying that the rebate forms were a mistake, and the $70 rebate was expired and will not be accepted. Many people have bought these and given them away as gifts, and already sent in the UPC codes (rendering the boxes unreturnable).

There is a 30 day return policy, so Im hoping some new developments happen before this weekend, when I'll have no choice but to drive home 3 hours to return these stupid players to the Radioshack I bought them from. :rolleyes:

Please spread this story to as many people as you can, I think the best weapon right now is the sheer magnitude of public awareness.

Most recent news posted at http://www.radioshackrebatefraud.com/

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 4:38am

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Well it's obvious that they can't do basic addition and subtraction. It's their fault.

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 5:58am

Style: Jeet Kune Do

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Hey, years ago I got $5000 stereo speakers for $500 due to a misprint. Call them up and threaten to file a report with the better business bureau for false and misleading advertising.

Still digging on James Brown

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 6:29am

Style: BJJ & Judo (1k)

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I know my country has laws about agreements that are obviously significantly borked. Yours probably has too.

(I couldn't find the word so I typed "borked" instead, is that ok?)

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 8:15am

Style: Starting Strength

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    The fact of the matter is that Radio Shack advertised the rebates AND their employees confirmed that the rebates would be honored. I might be tempted to let them slide if it had just been the advertisement; but since the customer service personnel confirmed it, the rebates should be honored.

Companies like to be tricky with their rebates. Letting Radio Shack go back on their word just because they said it was a mistake would set a horrible precedent, especially since their employees confirmed that said rebates would be honored.

Sexiest Punching Bag Alive

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 11:05am

Style: BJJ/Judo/Boxing

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    I could see a store selling products that have rebates that pay you to take them. Most people never send in rebates which is why best buy never has any sales, just rebates. It sounds good to say new 200 gig hard drive for 10 (with 4 mail in rebates and 1 in store rebate). So you buy it, and forget the rebates or miss one little instruction on the rebate and get screwed out of the rebate.

That is why I never do rebates, I buy online instead.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 12:40pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Point is they said it was confirmed not just to me but several HUNDRED other customers who is calling Radioshack on their Bullshit.

You just don't like people being happy Osiris.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 12:53pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    So? I'm just reaping the benefits of idiocy (again).

Registered Member

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 12:56pm

Style: Kung fu, Jiu-jitsu

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    Really. I'm sure everyone knew that Radio Shack screwed up with the rebate thing, because really, why would the store PAY people to take home their stock. And this is on a freakin DVD player no less! Those things aren't cheap. There was so many people because it was essentially getting free merchandise and when the opportunity for that is there, no one will pass it up. Case in point: you promptly booked it down there like your life depended on it just so you could get your hands on as many of these things as you could when you obviously didn't need them.

They corrected their mistake in advertising, which was probably (as said above) because of a computer glitch. In normal circumstances where the glitch would have been lower-profile I'm sure most retailers would honor the mistake and reimburse the customers. I've heard of similar situations with advertising glitches happening at places like grocery stores where they've honored the glitch rebate.

Now, in this case, HUNDREDS of people bought (most likely) MULTIPLE $130 DVD players! That's a slightly different situation Honoring the rebates would be bad business because it would cause them to lose (100s x ($130 + tax + $5.01) ) in the end, which is a LOT of money. I'm sure if they did that, they would be in serious debt. I am not surprised with the outcome of the situation.

I am a living legend!

Posted On:
    1/12/2006 1:15pm

supporting member

--
    Hell yeah! Hell no!
    It's still false advertising. I see much sueing in the near future. I can already feel emotional distress coming on from having to deal with this... :)
Page 1 of 4 1 234 LastLast